Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 22:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.63
WE: General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 10:47
Hi everyone,

I just received my invite as well (1:27 pm ET). My stats are:

32/male/Arab/700/3.63/eng/Energy based in Saudi Arabia.

I Submitted two days before the deadline.

Good luck everyone.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 10:58
I really didn't see any pattern in these threads the last two years that looked like there was any connection between when someone submitted and when they received an interview. This does fit the potential pattern last year of interviews going out first to mostly overseas applicants. This at least makes logical sense, as there are probably fewer alumni working overseas and logistically it might take more time for them to schedule and execute an interview. And I imagine that Stanford would hate to miss the opportunity to speak with an all star candidate simply because they delayed reaching out to them - not only to interview them, but meeting a successful alumnus is probably a great recruitment tool. This may be completely false and simply a byproduct of the small sample size, but it is worth noting that this "pattern" might be emerging for the second straight year.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 11:32
sptsjunkie wrote:
I really didn't see any pattern in these threads the last two years that looked like there was any connection between when someone submitted and when they received an interview. This does fit the potential pattern last year of interviews going out first to mostly overseas applicants. This at least makes logical sense, as there are probably fewer alumni working overseas and logistically it might take more time for them to schedule and execute an interview. And I imagine that Stanford would hate to miss the opportunity to speak with an all star candidate simply because they delayed reaching out to them - not only to interview them, but meeting a successful alumnus is probably a great recruitment tool. This may be completely false and simply a byproduct of the small sample size, but it is worth noting that this "pattern" might be emerging for the second straight year.

But does Stanford really need to "recruit"? Who turns down Stanford? I suppose there are some folks who might choose HBS over Stanford... totally depends on the person, I guess.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 6

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 20:15
Speaking of yield,
http://poetsandquants.com/2011/05/02/st ... ase-yield/

Unfortunately, " there are no plans to increase the size of the school’s relatively small MBA program".
Hopefully we can help them reconsider!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford GSB - Class of 2013

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 21:13
There's really no pattern to the invites - just the order they read the applications. I know of a NoCal local who received an invite today.

Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Kellogg '14 (A)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 21:16
dei wrote:
There's really no pattern to the invites - just the order they read the applications. I know of a NoCal local who received an invite today.

Good luck everyone!

Dei, are the applications read in the order they are submitted? Thanks !
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford GSB - Class of 2013

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 21:18
shekmba wrote:
Dei, are the applications read in the order they are submitted? Thanks !

I don't think so (don't think there's any order to it). But I do know that they are working incredibly hard (i.e. through the weekends) to get through the applications.

I got my interview invite last year about 2 weeks before the end of the interview window. I know it's tough, but you just have to wait :(
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [1] , given: 12

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 21:24
This post received
KUDOS
dei wrote:
But I do know that they are working incredibly hard (i.e. through the weekends) to get through the applications.

Sometimes we forget how hard the adcom members work to give our applications due respect and consideration. Imagining them hard at work eases the anxiety a little bit.
Stanford Thread Master
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Nov 2011, 23:27
O'boy..now starts one long tension-filled wait. Congrats to all those who've gotten their invites already :)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 09:10
dei wrote:

Good luck everyone!

So you're saying the pattern is they send to people in California who are friends of people on this board first? Kidding.

Thank you for the heads up. Seems the bulk of the invites have gone out in mid-November the last couple of years, but I guess I can officially start hoping for an invitation now.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 22:44
has anyone from India received the call ?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 02:22
CRAZYFORADMISSION wrote:

Or anyone from London? Getting very nervous here! Harvard seems highly unlikely now that 2 wednesdays have passed so not sure if hoping for Stanford even makes much sense as I would have thought they interview even fewer applicants! YIKES! :(
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 02:24
singhshb wrote:
CRAZYFORADMISSION wrote:

Or anyone from London? Getting very nervous here! Harvard seems highly unlikely now that 2 wednesdays have passed so not sure if hoping for Stanford even makes much sense as I would have thought they interview even fewer applicants! YIKES! :(

Same thoughts here. If HBS is not inviting, then Stan chances are even slimmer. I guess Stanford invites 15% of applicants for interviews.
Intern
Intern

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 07:56
Any invites reported today?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 08:23
Still waiting here. A couple of friends who were accepted to GSB last year got their invites around mid-november. I think its good to get the invite late novemeber, that way for now we can focus on preparing for the other interviews. I have heard that GSB makes you schedule your interview in 2 weeks tops.

Congratulations to the people who have been invited!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2011, 09:03
shekmba wrote:
singhshb wrote:
CRAZYFORADMISSION wrote:

Same thoughts here. If HBS is not inviting, then Stan chances are even slimmer. I guess Stanford invites 15% of applicants for interviews.

Not necessarily. A typical Stanford class is very different than a Harvard class. And the admission committee for each school looks for different criteria (as can be seen in their essay questions) while selecting a class. I know many rockstars who get accepted to Harvard but do not even get an invite from Stanford and vice versa. So not getting an invite from Harvard, does not have much bearing on Stanford's decision. Yes, Stanford is more selective than Harvard but it is so on different factors.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford '14 (S)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 05:39
For those who received emails for interviews, can you share the email address the note came from? Want to make sure it doesn't get caught in spam!

Also, did your application status change from "under review"?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GRE 1: 1460 Q790 V640
GPA: 4

Kudos [?]: 13 [0], given: 1

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 06:20
yankees51 wrote:
For those who received emails for interviews, can you share the email address the note came from? Want to make sure it doesn't get caught in spam!

Also, did your application status change from "under review"?

I got the e-mail from interview@gsb.stanford.edu

Application status remains the same
Intern
Intern

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 08:28
Any invites reported today?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.97
WE: Operations (Consulting)

GMAT Tests User
Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 10:38
I just received an invite!!!! So incredibly excited.

Stats: F/710/3.97/4 years WE in management consulting/USA
Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 04 Nov 2011, 10:38