Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 03:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Nov 2011
Posts: 10
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: Wharton '15 (I)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V48
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 14:29
No interview invites since last tuesday? Anyone hear anything from other forums?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Oct 2011
Posts: 27
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 16:32
kirthik1 wrote:
I applied in the 1st round. I have changed jobs after submitting the application, to move closer to the post-MBA goals I stated. Should I write to the adcom updating them on this? Would it have an effect on my status? Or should I just let it be?


Here's my advice for whatever it is worth. I would tell them so long as you think it will help your application. Worst case, it does nothing and your application is considered "as is." But how awful would you feel if this would have reflected well on you and helped you get an interview, but you failed to tell them?

The only caveat is I would look at your application and make sure it hurts. If your resume is already a little jumpy or you have changed industries several times recently, than this might make you look more unstable. If you have held the same job in the same industry for 5 years and are making a change that aligns with why you want you MBA, than I would imagine it would help your cause.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Sep 2011
Posts: 29
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 17:21
freedman1010 wrote:
No interview invites since last tuesday? Anyone hear anything from other forums?

There are total of 10 candidates who have reported interview invites on Beat the gmat forums. So I am guessing about half of them are sent out. And the rest will keep trickling in until 1st week of Dec.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2011
Posts: 139
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Kellogg '14 (A)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 17:33
jhimani wrote:
freedman1010 wrote:
No interview invites since last tuesday? Anyone hear anything from other forums?

There are total of 10 candidates who have reported interview invites on Beat the gmat forums. So I am guessing about half of them are sent out. And the rest will keep trickling in until 1st week of Dec.


How do you conclude that? They should be interviewing about 400 candidates in R1 and assuming 10% representation here, there should be about 30-40 candidates invited to interview. I would say this week should see a lot of action and then hope wanes next week onwards.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Sep 2011
Posts: 29
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.65
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 17:39
shekmba wrote:
jhimani wrote:
freedman1010 wrote:
No interview invites since last tuesday? Anyone hear anything from other forums?

There are total of 10 candidates who have reported interview invites on Beat the gmat forums. So I am guessing about half of them are sent out. And the rest will keep trickling in until 1st week of Dec.


How do you conclude that? They should be interviewing about 400 candidates in R1 and assuming 10% representation here, there should be about 30-40 candidates invited to interview. I would say this week should see a lot of action and then hope wanes next week onwards.


Yeah - Surprisingly, this forum has reported very few invites for Stanford compared to BTG. Here is the calculation that somebody on BTG forum performed. Again, this is all speculation and nobody really knows anything for sure.

"My guess is roughly half of the invites have already been sent out. HBS has already extended all of their R1 invites, and on the HBS forum, 38 of 423 people (9%) applying R1 have reported receiving invites. HBS interviews about 18-19% of its candidates each year. Assuming people on this forum are representative of the entire pool, this means about 48-49% (38/(0.185*423)) of the people on the HBS forum who were invited to HBS interviews actually reported receiving their invites. There are 283 people on this forum applying to Stanford for R1, so if you apply the same percentage for Stanford, which interviews about 15-16% of its candidates, it appears that there should be ~21 (0.485*0.155*283) people reporting receiving interview invites. The fact that there are 10 people reported receiving their invites would imply that roughly half (10/21) of hte invites have already been sent out"
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2011
Posts: 139
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Kellogg '14 (A)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 12

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2011, 18:55
jhimani wrote:
Yeah - Surprisingly, this forum has reported very few invites for Stanford compared to BTG. Here is the calculation that somebody on BTG forum performed. Again, this is all speculation and nobody really knows anything for sure.

"My guess is roughly half of the invites have already been sent out. HBS has already extended all of their R1 invites, and on the HBS forum, 38 of 423 people (9%) applying R1 have reported receiving invites. HBS interviews about 18-19% of its candidates each year. Assuming people on this forum are representative of the entire pool, this means about 48-49% (38/(0.185*423)) of the people on the HBS forum who were invited to HBS interviews actually reported receiving their invites. There are 283 people on this forum applying to Stanford for R1, so if you apply the same percentage for Stanford, which interviews about 15-16% of its candidates, it appears that there should be ~21 (0.485*0.155*283) people reporting receiving interview invites. The fact that there are 10 people reported receiving their invites would imply that roughly half (10/21) of hte invites have already been sent out"


Makes sense. The Stanford process is really frustrating. They should at least start releasing ding decisions as they come up with them. Their complete silence in this whole process is quite frustrating.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: MILES 2 go b4 i sleep!!
Joined: 04 Aug 2011
Posts: 10
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 2.91
WE: Marketing (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 02:39
i m in for round 2! at wits end working out the essay for the first question
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 98
Location: India
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 02:50
I spent some time reading through last year's thread. This is what I noticed:
- By 19th, majority of the invites had gone out ( someone had called Adcom office and found this out ).
- Invites trickled in very slow till 24th Nov. 24th Nov and the next 3 days were off for Thanksgiving.
- Post Thanksgiving, the last set of invites came in till Dec 1st.
- After that there were no invites.

So guys & gals we need to hold on and wait till end of this month.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [2] , given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 04:59
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys,

I got my Stanford invite yesterday. There is still hope for you all!
Retired Moderator
avatar
Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Posts: 78
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 05:51
coastryder wrote:
Hey guys,

I got my Stanford invite yesterday. There is still hope for you all!


Are you applying as a current b-school student..?
_________________

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Mar 2011
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 07:02
Did the invite come via email or phone or both?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2011
Posts: 6
Location: United States
Concentration: International Business, Strategy
Schools: HBS '14 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V43
GPA: 3.83
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 10:12
coastryder wrote:
Hey guys,

I got my Stanford invite yesterday. There is still hope for you all!


Coastryder, per your previous posts, aren't you a student at UCLA Anderson? Not sure about the validity of this post...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Feb 2010
Posts: 25
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 14:13
no worries, guys. I applied 2 years ago but I'm not a current student -- I don't know how to update my profile!

good luck :)
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2011
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.61
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2011, 18:56
coastryder wrote:
no worries, guys. I applied 2 years ago but I'm not a current student -- I don't know how to update my profile!

good luck :)


Hit the "My Profile" button at the top of the page to your profile. Then

Profile -> Edit Profile -> Schools
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 43
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
GPA: 3.75
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 11:21
Anybody headed to the information session on campus this evening?

I had the opportunity to check out the new Knight building while I was in Palo Alto last week for work (had a couple of extra minutes before a meeting so my coworker, who is an undergrad alum, drove me around campus), but am looking forward to actually taking a peak around tonight and speaking with the adcom.

Has anyone attended a Stanford information sessions already? If so, did you find it to be informative?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 12 May 2011
Posts: 28
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GPA: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 3

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 11:24
I attended one in NYC and thought it was great. It was more about the culture/experience/why Stanford is different. Derrick Bolton is an amazing public speaker and is great at selling Stanford. There was also an alumni panel.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2011
Posts: 3
Location: Germany
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.9
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 11:37
sfmatt85 wrote:
Anybody headed to the information session on campus this evening?

I had the opportunity to check out the new Knight building while I was in Palo Alto last week for work (had a couple of extra minutes before a meeting so my coworker, who is an undergrad alum, drove me around campus), but am looking forward to actually taking a peak around tonight and speaking with the adcom.

Has anyone attended a Stanford information sessions already? If so, did you find it to be informative?



I attended the session in Munich. It was a really inspiring session, they manage to transport very well how and why Stanford is different and what it is like to go there. The session really motivated me to put extra effort in my essays and also gave me some strong pointers on the "why do I want to go to Stanford" part of the Essay.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Oct 2011
Posts: 52
Location: Costa Rica
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 11:44
sfmatt85 wrote:
Anybody headed to the information session on campus this evening?

I had the opportunity to check out the new Knight building while I was in Palo Alto last week for work (had a couple of extra minutes before a meeting so my coworker, who is an undergrad alum, drove me around campus), but am looking forward to actually taking a peak around tonight and speaking with the adcom.

Has anyone attended a Stanford information sessions already? If so, did you find it to be informative?


I attended one in campus back in July. I think it was really good. As Charlie11 mentions, it was more about what distinguishes Stanford from other programs and the collaborative/innovative culture at GSB. You should do it if you have the time and the opportunity.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Oct 2010
Posts: 91
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
GPA: 3.91
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 10

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 12:55
sfmatt85 wrote:
Anybody headed to the information session on campus this evening?

I had the opportunity to check out the new Knight building while I was in Palo Alto last week for work (had a couple of extra minutes before a meeting so my coworker, who is an undergrad alum, drove me around campus), but am looking forward to actually taking a peak around tonight and speaking with the adcom.

Has anyone attended a Stanford information sessions already? If so, did you find it to be informative?


I agree with everyone else, you should definitely go to an info session if you can. Out of all of the school info sessions I've attended (and trust me I've attended quite a few!), GSB's was probably the most interesting, helpful, and informative.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 43
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: General Management
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
GPA: 3.75
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2011, 17:17
Thanks for the feedback everyone. Sounds like its a worthwhile experience, so I'll be making my way over there shortly.

Good luck with the applications all!
Re: Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 16 Nov 2011, 17:17
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
114 Experts publish their posts in the topic Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants whiplash2411 921 06 Jun 2011, 12:13
16 Experts publish their posts in the topic Emory 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 250 05 Sep 2011, 09:14
5 Merage 2012 - Calling All Applicants suwaguman 84 29 Jul 2011, 08:18
28 Kelley 2012 - Calling All Applicants subhashghosh 184 20 Jul 2011, 04:16
98 Experts publish their posts in the topic Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants Tuck2013 1382 07 Jul 2011, 11:49
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Stanford 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  47    Next  [ 922 posts ] 

Moderators: DefyingGravity, missxmelon



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.