Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 08:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2012
Posts: 138
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.33
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2012, 01:31
mudit234 wrote:
ankit0411 wrote:
mudit234 wrote:
Ankit, here you go :)
When's your interview anyway?

Hi guys,
Just got done with the interview couple of hours back. Here are the details I remember:
Mode: Over Skype
Nationality: Indian
Questions:
1) Why MBA/Tepper/now?
2) International experience
3) Any cultural changes faced in working with cross-office team settings
4) Example of issue faced in team work

The questions were slightly more directed towards my profile as I have relatively low work ex. Hope this helps. ATB to others.

On a different note, can someone explain whether Tepper declares results only on the specified date or anytime before that. From what I get from last year forums, it only declares on the specified date but please correct me if I am wrong.



Thanks for that :)

How long did your interview last ?

Did you ask any questions ?

AFAIK, they declare all the results via email at the same time :)

ATB dude :)

Best,
Ankit

30 minutes sharp, I asked questions about trek and mini semester. When's yours?

Posted from my mobile device Image



R-2 candidate !
_________________

You want something, go get it . Period !

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 21
Location: Coimbatore,India
Schools: ISB,INSEAD,Yale,CMU,Darden,UNC
WE 1: Mechanical Engineering - New Product Development (3 years)
WE 2: Market Research & Consulting (less than a year)
WE 3: Mechanical Engineering - New Product Development (2 years)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2012, 05:18
I am a R1 candidate. I got my interview invite on Nov 2, 10 days after submitting the application. On Nov 5 (3 days after getting the invite), I got an email saying my app is complete. :-D My interview is scheduled for Nov 30.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 94
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 19

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2012, 12:11
Thanks esport. I have my interview on campus, next Monday. Was the it conducted by AdCom or a student?

Also, did you happen to sit in on a class?
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2012
Posts: 138
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.33
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 06:28
DMNY31 wrote:
Thanks esport. I have my interview on campus, next Monday. Was the it conducted by AdCom or a student?

Also, did you happen to sit in on a class?



Hey there, All the best for your interview ?

Whats your profile like ?
_________________

You want something, go get it . Period !

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Posts: 35
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 07:29
Man I received a fee waiver but I hate writing essays and this school requires 4...

I don't know what to do tbh :P
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2012
Posts: 94
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GMAT 2: Q V0
GPA: 3.2
WE: Operations (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 19

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 08:48
Will provide profile/interview details after interview. Note: I am visiting campus and requested to meet with AdCom and they were able to accommodate. I was not invited to interview nor have I submitted any application.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2012
Posts: 20
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q38 V42
GPA: 3.72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 09:25
DMNY31 wrote:
Thanks esport. I have my interview on campus, next Monday. Was the it conducted by AdCom or a student?

Also, did you happen to sit in on a class?



I believe all Tepper interviews are conducted with AdCom. I did sit in on a class and I really recommend it. It gives you a sense of the learning environment, which I really appreciated at Tepper. I would also do the lunch with a student and information session. The campus tour was fine, but nothing new or mind-opening except to ask candid questions of a student if you wanted to. And my tour guide was pretty honest.
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2012
Posts: 138
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.33
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 09:57
quixef wrote:
Man I received a fee waiver but I hate writing essays and this school requires 4...

I don't know what to do tbh :P



Are you in for R-2 ?

Whats your GMAT and profile like ?

All the best; I'm also applying in R-2
_________________

You want something, go get it . Period !

BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2012
Posts: 138
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.33
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 09:58
DMNY31 wrote:
Will provide profile/interview details after interview. Note: I am visiting campus and requested to meet with AdCom and they were able to accommodate. I was not invited to interview nor have I submitted any application.



you mean you self initiated the interview ? How does this work ? Could you throw some light on this?


Thanks,
Ankit
_________________

You want something, go get it . Period !

BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2012
Posts: 138
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.33
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 10:00
esport12 wrote:
DMNY31 wrote:
Thanks esport. I have my interview on campus, next Monday. Was the it conducted by AdCom or a student?

Also, did you happen to sit in on a class?



I believe all Tepper interviews are conducted with AdCom. I did sit in on a class and I really recommend it. It gives you a sense of the learning environment, which I really appreciated at Tepper. I would also do the lunch with a student and information session. The campus tour was fine, but nothing new or mind-opening except to ask candid questions of a student if you wanted to. And my tour guide was pretty honest.


Hey esport ,


Did you ask any particular questions ?

All the best for the results :)
_________________

You want something, go get it . Period !

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Sep 2012
Posts: 35
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Law (Law)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 10:12
ankit0411 wrote:
quixef wrote:
Man I received a fee waiver but I hate writing essays and this school requires 4...

I don't know what to do tbh :P



Are you in for R-2 ?

Whats your GMAT and profile like ?

All the best; I'm also applying in R-2



Not "in" per se yet, but if I do apply, it would be in R-2 yes.

GMAT: 750 (Q50 V40 IR8)

Profile: 8 years WE, international applicant, government work mostly (Supreme Audit Institution of my country, equivalent of Government Accountability Office of the USA)
BSchool Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 28 May 2012
Posts: 138
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.33
WE: Information Technology (Retail)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 10:17
quixef wrote:
ankit0411 wrote:
quixef wrote:
Man I received a fee waiver but I hate writing essays and this school requires 4...

I don't know what to do tbh :P



Are you in for R-2 ?

Whats your GMAT and profile like ?

All the best; I'm also applying in R-2



Not "in" per se yet, but if I do apply, it would be in R-2 yes.

GMAT: 750 (Q50 V40 IR8)

Profile: 8 years WE, international applicant, government work mostly (Supreme Audit Institution of my country, equivalent of Government Accountability Office of the USA)


Excellent ! Do let us know how your essays come along :)

ATB for other schools as well :)


Best,
Ankit
_________________

You want something, go get it . Period !

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2012
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Nov 2012, 21:41
I don't think Tepper will send anymore interview invites...seems like end of journey for me :(
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Quo
Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 215
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: CMU (Tepper) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 740 Q V
GPA: 3.05
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 09:40
Hi Everyone. I'm glad to see the interest this year and would love to help however possible.

I am a 2nd-year student in the program, focused on Marketing. I try to keep an eye/ear on admissions and the GMATclub boards. If any of you have any questions you'd like to ask please feel free to post them here. I will try to check the forum every couple of days.
_________________

* The opinions expressed here are my personal views and do not necessarily reflect the views of my school, the Tepper School of Business.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2012
Posts: 20
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q38 V42
GPA: 3.72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2012, 09:49
ankit0411 wrote:
esport12 wrote:
DMNY31 wrote:
Thanks esport. I have my interview on campus, next Monday. Was the it conducted by AdCom or a student?

Also, did you happen to sit in on a class?



I believe all Tepper interviews are conducted with AdCom. I did sit in on a class and I really recommend it. It gives you a sense of the learning environment, which I really appreciated at Tepper. I would also do the lunch with a student and information session. The campus tour was fine, but nothing new or mind-opening except to ask candid questions of a student if you wanted to. And my tour guide was pretty honest.


Hey esport ,


Did you ask any particular questions ?

All the best for the results :)


Yeah I asked a few questions at the end, mostly about my personal fit with Tepper. The interviewer seemed to respond well.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2012, 00:09
No interview invite yet. Still waiting.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2012, 05:33
vixer wrote:
Hi Everyone. I'm glad to see the interest this year and would love to help however possible.

I am a 2nd-year student in the program, focused on Marketing. I try to keep an eye/ear on admissions and the GMATclub boards. If any of you have any questions you'd like to ask please feel free to post them here. I will try to check the forum every couple of days.




Hi Vixer

Any idea until when the interview invites will continue till? Its been more than a week since i got an update saying that my app was complete and under review.

Regards,
Anirudh
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2012, 05:34
nabhargava wrote:
I don't think Tepper will send anymore interview invites...seems like end of journey for me :(



Is this official? (That Tepper is done with sending out interview invites)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jan 2012
Posts: 17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2012, 05:44
anirudhvenkat wrote:
nabhargava wrote:
I don't think Tepper will send anymore interview invites...seems like end of journey for me :(



Is this official? (That Tepper is done with sending out interview invites)


No this is not official...with just a month left for the final decision, I doubt there will be any more interview invites..
Also, I just observed that interview invites this year have come only on Fridays (26 Oct, 2nd Nov)...so let’s see if we hear any good news today..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2012, 05:49
nabhargava wrote:
anirudhvenkat wrote:
nabhargava wrote:
I don't think Tepper will send anymore interview invites...seems like end of journey for me :(



Is this official? (That Tepper is done with sending out interview invites)


No this is not official...with just a month left for the final decision, I doubt there will be any more interview invites..
Also, I just observed that interview invites this year have come only on Fridays (26 Oct, 2nd Nov)...so let’s see if we hear any good news today..


Well i was optimistic until now. Lets see how it goes. Its not over until it is over :-)

What other schools are you applying to? Is this your first time applying to Bschools in the US?
Re: Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants!   [#permalink] 16 Nov 2012, 05:49
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
28 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants! ankit0411 373 05 Oct 2012, 12:52
Experts publish their posts in the topic Tepper (CMU) MISM 2013 calling all applicants souvik101990 0 15 Feb 2013, 08:53
56 Calling all 2011 CMU- Tepper Applicants Pediasure 886 09 Sep 2010, 07:56
7 Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! aakashganga 194 30 Aug 2008, 16:35
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Tepper (CMU) 2013 Applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19    Next  [ 374 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.