Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 May 2015, 15:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
3 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1129
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 176

Kudos [?]: 798 [3] , given: 646

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2014, 06:10
3
This post received
KUDOS
4
This post was
BOOKMARKED





Tepper School Guide

Tepper FAQs

Active Current Students/Alumni from GMAT Club: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

DMNY31 - Class of 2015
farful - Class of 2016


Photos

















Videos









Tepper CMU Social Media Updates

Tweets

FB Updates




Downloads

Attachment:
Tepper Employment-Report-2013.pdf [414.35 KiB]
Downloaded 173 times
To download please login or register as a user


_________________

ISB Class of 2017
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2016 | GMAT Retake Debrief - 760 | ISB Preparation Kit | My ISB Interview for Class of 2016
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview for Class of 2014

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
BSchool Forum Moderator
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2011
Posts: 1129
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 176

Kudos [?]: 798 [0], given: 646

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 05 Jul 2014, 06:33
Reserved Post
_________________

ISB Class of 2017
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2016 | GMAT Retake Debrief - 760 | ISB Preparation Kit | My ISB Interview for Class of 2016
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ISB Class of 2015 | My GMAT Debrief | My ISB Interview for Class of 2014

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 34
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2014, 02:45
Following is a brief description of my profile.

Age: 25
GMAT: 710 (Q-48,V-38,IR-4, AWA-4)
Education: B.Com Honours (First Division), Delhi University, Currently pursuing second year of M.Com at IGNOU, Delhi through distance learning.
Extra-Curricular: Active volunteer at NGOs, Part time cricket coach

Work Experience: Ernst & Young - 27 Months, Family Business - 12 months (at present)
Current Work Profile: Working as Authorized Dealer for several top notch MNCs for executing government tenders/supply orders. Main clients include the Army, the Air Force, the Coast Guard, Power and Electricity PSUs, etc.

I will apply in R1 or R2 this admission season. Could someone give an honest feedback about my profile, my chances of getting through (with/without scholarship), and ways to enhance my profile before applying?

Regards,
Akarshan
Current Student
avatar
Status: busyness school student
Joined: 09 Sep 2013
Posts: 416
Location: United States
Schools: Tepper '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 267 [0], given: 143

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2014, 12:42
akarshank wrote:
Following is a brief description of my profile.

Age: 25
GMAT: 710 (Q-48,V-38,IR-4, AWA-4)
Education: B.Com Honours (First Division), Delhi University, Currently pursuing second year of M.Com at IGNOU, Delhi through distance learning.
Extra-Curricular: Active volunteer at NGOs, Part time cricket coach

Work Experience: Ernst & Young - 27 Months, Family Business - 12 months (at present)
Current Work Profile: Working as Authorized Dealer for several top notch MNCs for executing government tenders/supply orders. Main clients include the Army, the Air Force, the Coast Guard, Power and Electricity PSUs, etc.

I will apply in R1 or R2 this admission season. Could someone give an honest feedback about my profile, my chances of getting through (with/without scholarship), and ways to enhance my profile before applying?

Regards,
Akarshan


Hi Akarshan,

It's pretty hard for anyone to figure out where you stand as an applicant. That said, I suggest you try posting somewhere on this forum instead: ask-admission-consultants-124/
_________________

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 34
Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2014, 00:22
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hey

Thanks for the assist! I had posted a general query in the said forum, but have received no response so far. I posted here to understand whether I would fit in the scheme of things at Tepper as I need to start working on my applications very soon.

Cheers! :)




farful wrote:
akarshank wrote:
Following is a brief description of my profile.

Age: 25
GMAT: 710 (Q-48,V-38,IR-4, AWA-4)
Education: B.Com Honours (First Division), Delhi University, Currently pursuing second year of M.Com at IGNOU, Delhi through distance learning.
Extra-Curricular: Active volunteer at NGOs, Part time cricket coach

Work Experience: Ernst & Young - 27 Months, Family Business - 12 months (at present)
Current Work Profile: Working as Authorized Dealer for several top notch MNCs for executing government tenders/supply orders. Main clients include the Army, the Air Force, the Coast Guard, Power and Electricity PSUs, etc.

I will apply in R1 or R2 this admission season. Could someone give an honest feedback about my profile, my chances of getting through (with/without scholarship), and ways to enhance my profile before applying?

Regards,
Akarshan


Hi Akarshan,

It's pretty hard for anyone to figure out where you stand as an applicant. That said, I suggest you try posting somewhere on this forum instead: ask-admission-consultants-124/
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Applied
Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 13

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2014, 18:45
farful wrote:
akarshank wrote:
Following is a brief description of my profile.

Age: 25
GMAT: 710 (Q-48,V-38,IR-4, AWA-4)
Education: B.Com Honours (First Division), Delhi University, Currently pursuing second year of M.Com at IGNOU, Delhi through distance learning.
Extra-Curricular: Active volunteer at NGOs, Part time cricket coach

Work Experience: Ernst & Young - 27 Months, Family Business - 12 months (at present)
Current Work Profile: Working as Authorized Dealer for several top notch MNCs for executing government tenders/supply orders. Main clients include the Army, the Air Force, the Coast Guard, Power and Electricity PSUs, etc.

I will apply in R1 or R2 this admission season. Could someone give an honest feedback about my profile, my chances of getting through (with/without scholarship), and ways to enhance my profile before applying?

Regards,
Akarshan


Hi Akarshan,

It's pretty hard for anyone to figure out where you stand as an applicant. That said, I suggest you try posting somewhere on this forum instead: ask-admission-consultants-124/


Hi Akarshan,

Profile alone is not enough information to understand your chances. As director of Admission at Tepper told me last year, of all the applications they receive almost 60 to 70% are "academically qualified". Your essays, recommendations and above all your ability to convince adcom that Tepper is the right fit for you and you are the right fit for Tepper are very important criteria. Key questions you will need to address in your essays - why an MBA, why now and why Tepper. BTW, I am matriculating this year at Tepper. Got accepted with $$$.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2014
Posts: 7
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V43
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 11

Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2014, 20:58
@MBADream2013 - Congrats on the admit !

Do you know if international applicants are necessarily required to submit an Affidavit of Support or Financial Statement at the time of application ?
Arizona State Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2014
Posts: 43
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.63
WE: Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2014, 06:59
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi All,

I am planning to apply to Tepper for full-time MBA program and I am looking forward to programs that can offer me scholarship. I do not want to have a post-MBA debt. I have been told by a few people around me that Tepper does not offer scholarships. What is the opinion on GMATClub? What are other means, except for loans, through which I can get my MBA from Tepper funded?

Please help me out!

Thanks!

Nikhil
Current Student
avatar
Status: busyness school student
Joined: 09 Sep 2013
Posts: 416
Location: United States
Schools: Tepper '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 267 [0], given: 143

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2014, 10:55
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi Nikhil,

Not sure where you're getting your information from, but Tepper does offer scholarships. See here: http://tepper.cmu.edu/prospective-stude ... ellowships
_________________

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Applied
Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 13

Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2014, 11:28
1
This post received
KUDOS
MukundV wrote:
@MBADream2013 - Congrats on the admit !

Do you know if international applicants are necessarily required to submit an Affidavit of Support or Financial Statement at the time of application ?


Hi Mukund,

Sorry for the LATE reply. School has started and Tepper does keep you BUSY.

Anyways, your best bet is to email Alesha Simpson with admissions office - her email address is aleshal@andrew.cmu.edu. She is Masters Admissions Coordinator.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Applied
Joined: 22 Oct 2013
Posts: 21
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 31 Aug 2014, 11:33
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
chugnikhil wrote:
Hi All,

I am planning to apply to Tepper for full-time MBA program and I am looking forward to programs that can offer me scholarship. I do not want to have a post-MBA debt. I have been told by a few people around me that Tepper does not offer scholarships. What is the opinion on GMATClub? What are other means, except for loans, through which I can get my MBA from Tepper funded?

Please help me out!

Thanks!

Nikhil


Hi Nikhil,

Tepper does offer scholarships. But I have never heard of someone getting full scholarship. I did get merit based scholarship but it paid for only a portion of the tuition. Scholarships are dependent on your academic and professional achievements, your extra curricular activities, community service etc. There is no specific formula.

On the other side, investing in a good MBA program will pay for itself in short run. Amount of student loan will seem insignificant compared with kind of career advancement you will get after the MBA. For example at Tepper this year 100% of all students who were seeking internships received one. Nearly 90% of the students seeking full time employment get one within 3 months of graduation with 5 figure signing bonus and 6 figure salaries with some of the most reputed corporations in the world.
Arizona State Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2014
Posts: 43
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.63
WE: Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 01 Sep 2014, 10:58
MBADream2013 wrote:
chugnikhil wrote:
Hi All,

I am planning to apply to Tepper for full-time MBA program and I am looking forward to programs that can offer me scholarship. I do not want to have a post-MBA debt. I have been told by a few people around me that Tepper does not offer scholarships. What is the opinion on GMATClub? What are other means, except for loans, through which I can get my MBA from Tepper funded?

Please help me out!

Thanks!

Nikhil


Hi Nikhil,

Tepper does offer scholarships. But I have never heard of someone getting full scholarship. I did get merit based scholarship but it paid for only a portion of the tuition. Scholarships are dependent on your academic and professional achievements, your extra curricular activities, community service etc. There is no specific formula.

On the other side, investing in a good MBA program will pay for itself in short run. Amount of student loan will seem insignificant compared with kind of career advancement you will get after the MBA. For example at Tepper this year 100% of all students who were seeking internships received one. Nearly 90% of the students seeking full time employment get one within 3 months of graduation with 5 figure signing bonus and 6 figure salaries with some of the most reputed corporations in the world.


Hi,

Thanks for an insightful response to my query. It will surely help me decide objectively on whether to apply to Tepper or not.

Regards,

Nikhil
Current Student
avatar
Status: busyness school student
Joined: 09 Sep 2013
Posts: 416
Location: United States
Schools: Tepper '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 267 [0], given: 143

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2014, 20:12
If you plan on applying to Tepper, you can read about my experience so far as a current student here: my-tepper-experience-thus-far-185146.html

It's also probably good essay fodder.
_________________

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2012
Posts: 15
Location: United States
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2014, 07:14
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi All,

One doubt regarding Tepper Business Analytics track.
My profile in brief :-
- 5.5 years experience in IT (worked on core banking solution specifically for US Region)
- GMAT 750 (Quant 50, Verbal 40 , AWA 4.5 , IR 6)
- decent extracurriculars
My Post MBA Career plan is to be in IT sector itself, as a Business Analyst /Consultant - for products /enhancing existing products for new markets.
I also want to be specialized in Business Analytics which will be in sync with my post MBA career prospects.
I would like to know, which are the major firms which hires guys who choose Analytics - Information Systems track.
Sorry i could not find these details from the website.


Also, How can I contact a current student who has chosen Analytics track, to clarify few of my doubts regarding course content.
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Hari
Current Student
avatar
Status: busyness school student
Joined: 09 Sep 2013
Posts: 416
Location: United States
Schools: Tepper '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 267 [0], given: 143

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 19 Sep 2014, 18:27
hareesh02 wrote:
I would like to know, which are the major firms which hires guys who choose Analytics - Information Systems track.
Also, How can I contact a current student who has chosen Analytics track, to clarify few of my doubts regarding course content.


Hi Hari,

I sent you a PM.
_________________

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 03 Jul 2014
Posts: 78
Location: India
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2014, 07:16
Hi there,

A bit confused, in the application for the "home" address, does it have to be the same as that mentioned on the passport? My problem is, we no longer stay at the city that is mentioned on my passport and I do not want to add it to the application because my permanent residence is elsewhere.
What should I do in such a case?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2013
Posts: 156
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 223 [0], given: 121

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2014, 15:51
Hey guys

Pretty standard question here. My resume is 1 page---everyone across the finance world/web seems to agree that a 1 page only resume is a must.
However, Tepper allows 2 pages a requests 12 point font. My resume is 11 point font and when I make it 12 the resume expands to about 1.5 pages.

I have a lot of extracurriculars and can not really shrink it without taking away good material.


Do you guys think it is okay to go to 1.5 pages. Even tough Tepper days 2 is okay do you think that if I go over 1 they will look down upon me as "outta the loop?"
_________________

"Never, Never, Never give in."

From 510 to 770:
510-to-770-49q-46v-7ir-what-worked-for-me-2-years-176580.html#p1394349

From 2 dings to multiple admits (use Paul Bodine):
best-admissions-consulting-companies-2015-season-190156.html#p1492255

Current Student
avatar
Status: busyness school student
Joined: 09 Sep 2013
Posts: 416
Location: United States
Schools: Tepper '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 267 [0], given: 143

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2014, 06:26
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
PeterHAllen,

I would try to stick to 1 page. Enlarging a font from 11 to 12 shouldn't cause a 50% increase in length. Furthermore, in my opinion, a lot of white space on the second page doesn't look as good. There are always clever tricks you can use to shorten the resume... try to make sure you don't have a line containing only 1 or 2 words, etc.
_________________

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Status: Patience pays off!
Joined: 28 Jun 2014
Posts: 252
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 67 [0], given: 28

Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2014, 21:12
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi!

Could anyone throw any light on which companies recruit international students at Tepper for tech roles (like product management and business strategy)? And if there is a difference, for younger candidates like me who would be 25-26 if and when they matriculate?
_________________

My Application Experience

Current Student
avatar
Status: busyness school student
Joined: 09 Sep 2013
Posts: 416
Location: United States
Schools: Tepper '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q52 V37
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 267 [0], given: 143

Premium Member
Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2014, 05:45
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi razordude1717,

Your best bet would be to contact a current student.
Try: http://tepper.cmu.edu/prospective-stude ... nt-student
Or maybe email the business and technology club: http://tepper.cmu.edu/prospective-stude ... anizations

I believe most tech companies recruit international students. Amazon (Tepper's biggest recruiter) definitely does, as well as IBM, Google, Microsoft, Apple, Dell, Cisco, etc.
_________________

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Re: Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 22 Sep 2014, 05:45

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  40    Next  [ 785 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
22 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017 Narenn 92 08 Jun 2014, 05:48
327 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all MIT-Sloan Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017 neo656 1443 08 Jun 2014, 05:40
306 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Wharton Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 NaijaMBAgal 1080 04 Jun 2014, 08:53
322 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all HBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 whiplash2411 1239 02 Jun 2014, 10:28
214 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all CBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 bagdbmba 1202 17 May 2014, 10:03
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Tepper-CMU Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.