Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Oct 2014, 20:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2009, 18:22
rao_1857 wrote:
rao_1857 wrote:
Another Q (sorry for bombarding):

1. Describe an obstacle you have faced in your professional or academic life. How did you overcome this obstacle and how did it foster your development?

Just to confirm this is not the right place to talk about weaknesses, right ?



Is it ok to write an obstacle which is like 10 years old?

I am having real hard time in finding any substantial one :(


I think you can write provided it helped foster your development.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Sep 2009, 22:10
Hey all, the Tepper app went live yesterday! Although, I experienced a little difficulty in creating an account - when I tried yesterday I got a duplicate accout warning message. I don't know why they'd have a dupe as this is the first time I'll be applyin to Tepper. I clicked on the "email" option but didn't receive anything. I tried to create an account today, got the same warning, clicked on the "email" option again, but this time I got an account creation confirmation. I guess it worked in the end, but it was a little confusing nevertheless.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2009, 03:20
Skye10 wrote:
Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?


I experienced something similar.Got a duplicate message for the first time.I think the login for all apps on applyyourself.com might be the same.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Sep 2009, 23:43
I spoke too soon, I tried entering the PIN, located the other school that shared the same one and tried to enter the corresponding password...now I get a message saying that either the PIN or the password is wrong. Tepper's app is just weird, when I try to search by my email account (the one that supposedly has a dupe) the thing says that the PIN can't be located. I have created different PINs (2 of the schools both use the ApplyYourself system) or a username for all of the 3 other schools I'm applyin to. I asked a couple of people I know that are also applyin to multiple schools - although no one else is applyin to Tepper - and they said that they did the same.

Has anyone been able to actually access the app system for Tepper? I don't get why this is so difficult, I consider myself a reasonably intelligent individual...
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Sep 2009, 05:39
Skye10 wrote:

Has anyone been able to actually access the app system for Tepper? I don't get why this is so difficult, I consider myself a reasonably intelligent individual...


I'm able to access it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2009, 23:52
Anyone planning on joining the Tepper chat session scheduled for this Friday? Or scheduled an on-campus visit/interview?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Sep 2009, 04:38
Skye10 wrote:
Anyone planning on joining the Tepper chat session scheduled for this Friday? Or scheduled an on-campus visit/interview?


I will join if I'm able to connect to the chat room from workplace.I might do a campus visit/interview in the 2nd week of Oct.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2009, 02:50
Anyone visting the campus or scheduled a interview visit?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2009, 22:43
I'll be out at Tepper this Monday for a class visit and interview. If anyone else is going to be out in Pitt let me kno, altho I'm starting to get the feeling that Class2012 and I are the only ones with an active interest in Tepper on this forum...
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2008
Posts: 26
Location: MI
Schools: Kellogg, Ross, Tepper
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2009, 07:30
Skye10... I'll try and be more active, it has just been a busy time with all the round 1 deadlines looming.  I have my interview scheduled for tomorrow in Detroit.  Would anyone who has already done an interview be willing to post their questions?  I'll post mine first chance I get.  Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 14 Aug 2009
Posts: 112
Schools: MIT Sloan 2012
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Oct 2009, 07:43
Count me in for round 2.

Applying through the Consortium
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 42
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2009, 23:46
count me in for R1 :)
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 658
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2009, 05:59
Hi Sky and Class2012,

How was the visit and how did the interview go ?

Hope you had a great time at cmapus.

I might be visiting the campus coming monday.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2009, 12:04
rao_1857 wrote:
Hi Sky and Class2012,

How was the visit and how did the interview go ?

Hope you had a great time at cmapus.

I might be visiting the campus coming monday.


I'm visiting on Monday.Maybe we can meet there.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2008
Posts: 26
Location: MI
Schools: Kellogg, Ross, Tepper
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [2] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2009, 12:16
2
This post received
KUDOS
I had my interview yesterday and thought everyone might benefit from a little summary

The interview lasted about an hour. It was very conversational which was great. The actually questioning portion probably only lasted 40 minutes and the rest was shooting the breeze. The questions were mainly basic but did include a few geared towards me personally:

Journey from undergrad to MBA
Why Tepper
Best qualities of a leader
Example when I showed my confidence
Quality I most want to improve at tepper
One of my strengths
Do you feel more like a peer or understudy at company (more geared at me since I am a bit of a younger candidate)
Moral of company, what have I done to improve it (again, more towards me since I work in the auto industry)
Any question that I had

Overall, I thought it went pretty well.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [2] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2009, 22:13
2
This post received
KUDOS
dv450 wrote:
The questions were mainly basic but did include a few geared towards me personally:

Journey from undergrad to MBA
Why Tepper
Best qualities of a leader
Example when I showed my confidence
Quality I most want to improve at tepper
One of my strengths
Do you feel more like a peer or understudy at company (more geared at me since I am a bit of a younger candidate)
Moral of company, what have I done to improve it (again, more towards me since I work in the auto industry)
Any question that I had

Overall, I thought it went pretty well.


Those questions def seem geared just toward your personal situation as they don't even come close to the ones I had. The only overlap between your interview and mine is the first two questions and the last. The flow of my interview was also very conversational and casual which I appreciated. Trying to remember off the top of my head, some other questions I had were:

How do you approach complex/large tasks?
If you could change one thing at your workplace what would it be?

My apologies, that's all I can really recall. I enjoyed the visit, I didn't realize until I got there that all of the b-school classes take place in just one building. The students I interacted with were very friendly and seemed bright.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 658
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2009, 09:49
Class2012 wrote:
rao_1857 wrote:
Hi Sky and Class2012,

How was the visit and how did the interview go ?

Hope you had a great time at cmapus.

I might be visiting the campus coming monday.


I'm visiting on Monday.Maybe we can meet there.


Sure ... I am still waiting for the adcom to coonfirm the class visit details. i would like to be in a mkting class.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 658
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2009, 09:55
dv450 wrote:
I had my interview yesterday and thought everyone might benefit from a little summary

The interview lasted about an hour. It was very conversational which was great. The actually questioning portion probably only lasted 40 minutes and the rest was shooting the breeze. The questions were mainly basic but did include a few geared towards me personally:

Journey from undergrad to MBA
Why Tepper
Best qualities of a leader
Example when I showed my confidence
Quality I most want to improve at tepper
One of my strengths
Do you feel more like a peer or understudy at company (more geared at me since I am a bit of a younger candidate)
Moral of company, what have I done to improve it (again, more towards me since I work in the auto industry)
Any question that I had

Overall, I thought it went pretty well.


Thansk DV! Kudos for your insight!
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 658
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 64 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2009, 09:57
Skye10 wrote:
dv450 wrote:
The questions were mainly basic but did include a few geared towards me personally:

Journey from undergrad to MBA
Why Tepper
Best qualities of a leader
Example when I showed my confidence
Quality I most want to improve at tepper
One of my strengths
Do you feel more like a peer or understudy at company (more geared at me since I am a bit of a younger candidate)
Moral of company, what have I done to improve it (again, more towards me since I work in the auto industry)
Any question that I had

Overall, I thought it went pretty well.


Those questions def seem geared just toward your personal situation as they don't even come close to the ones I had. The only overlap between your interview and mine is the first two questions and the last. The flow of my interview was also very conversational and casual which I appreciated. Trying to remember off the top of my head, some other questions I had were:

How do you approach complex/large tasks?
If you could change one thing at your workplace what would it be?

My apologies, that's all I can really recall. I enjoyed the visit, I didn't realize until I got there that all of the b-school classes take place in just one building. The students I interacted with were very friendly and seemed bright.


Somethign is better than nothing. Thanks !

On the otherhand Man its easier for you as you can easily involve adcoms with Hawaii details ;)
+1
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 27 Apr 2009
Posts: 56
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Oct 2009, 04:28
Count me in for R1.

- Thanks
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants   [#permalink] 11 Oct 2009, 04:28
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
102 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Stanford Fall 2010 applicants! JordinT 1104 28 May 2009, 14:12
40 Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2010 applicants! Raabend 1421 21 May 2009, 06:16
112 Calling all Kellogg Fall 2010 Applicants! mba4me2010 2708 21 May 2009, 05:56
43 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants kryzak 1236 13 May 2009, 00:23
7 Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! aakashganga 194 30 Aug 2008, 16:35
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  26    Next  [ 504 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.