Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:12 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 299 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink]
Class2012 wrote:
rao_1857 wrote:
Hi Class2012, Sorry I missed you. Adcom reschedule my visit for tomowor due to some class conflict that I wanna attend.

BTW, your interview sounds very different than sky's. I am assuming there are multiple panels...

There are no panels.It is only with an adcom member.I though you were there and infact asked two people whether they participate in gmatclub. :)

Sorry ... I should have told you before.

Well... I certainly hope to you see you at Tepper. If you and I can make in :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
For some reason I dont find the word limit for tepper essays ... I remember it being 750. Can somebody point me to the official refrence?

thanks in advance
Current Student
Send PM
rao_1857 wrote:
For some reason I dont find the word limit for tepper essays ... I remember it being 750. Can somebody point me to the official refrence?

thanks in advance

See the first post in this thread.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Class2012 wrote:
rao_1857 wrote:

thanks in advance

See the first post in this thread.

yeah thats "2 double-spaced pages". I remeber they talking about the words limit as well. I am filling 2 double spaced pages with only 550 :(. And its getting hard to put the career goal and why tepper in 550 :(. Are you guys encountering same issue?
Current Student
Send PM
rao_1857 wrote:
yeah thats "2 double-spaced pages". I remeber they talking about the words limit as well. I am filling 2 double spaced pages with only 550 :(. And its getting hard to put the career goal and why tepper in 550 :(. Are you guys encountering same issue?

Normally word count is not mentioned when page length is specified.Not sure where you saw that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Class2012 wrote:
rao_1857 wrote:

Normally word count is not mentioned when page length is specified.Not sure where you saw that.

Thanks for clarifying ... Man this i getting hard and hard to put this info in 1 page ( = 2 page double spaced)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Another question for guys who have this knowledge and suggestion for those who dont know this:

Suggestion: Tepper has this what they call "Management Game" where you have to build your own buisness and run operations.

Question: Is 'managment game' still a part of the course for FT MBA. I forgot to ask this question today when I was on campus.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Another quick question:

I just started fillign in the online app: and stupid me that i didnot find this before:

"In addition to the two required evaluators, you may have one additional recommender."

What do you guys think how much the third reco will add to my app? Would it be a -ve to have app with only two recos?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Healthcare, Operations
Schools:Kellogg, Ross, Tepper
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Three questions:

1) What size margins should I use? 1" top & bottom with 1.25" sides? Or 1" all the way around?

2) The second essay is suggested at a 2 page length right? I swear that is what it said when I first logged into the application but now there is no suggested length.

3) What's your opinion on listing the other schools you are applying to on the Tepper website? None of my other apps require it so I am thinking of leaving it blank.

Thanks!

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
rao_1857 wrote:
"In addition to the two required evaluators, you may have one additional recommender."

What do you guys think how much the third reco will add to my app? Would it be a -ve to have app with only two recos?

Two recs should be fine.I had two recs.
Current Student
Send PM
dv450 wrote:
Three questions:

1) What size margins should I use? 1" top & bottom with 1.25" sides? Or 1" all the way around?

2) The second essay is suggested at a 2 page length right? I swear that is what it said when I first logged into the application but now there is no suggested length.

3) What's your opinion on listing the other schools you are applying to on the Tepper website? None of my other apps require it so I am thinking of leaving it blank.

Thanks!

1.I used 1" on both sides.

2.Two page length and double spaced.

3.It is upto you.I might leave it blank.
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos:
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Skye10 wrote:
Hey all, the Tepper app went live yesterday! Although, I experienced a little difficulty in creating an account - when I tried yesterday I got a duplicate accout warning message. I don't know why they'd have a dupe as this is the first time I'll be applyin to Tepper. I clicked on the "email" option but didn't receive anything. I tried to create an account today, got the same warning, clicked on the "email" option again, but this time I got an account creation confirmation. I guess it worked in the end, but it was a little confusing nevertheless.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

Hi Skye10, I am also facing this issue while trying to login/creating an account. When I create account it says duplicate id, but when I use that id it says incorrect login details. I do have login on applyyourself.

Besides, I could request for login details at one page and got email from Carnegie Mellon University Tepper School but that is also not working.

Could you find out the solution for this problem?

Thanks -
Rohit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Guest wrote:
Skye10 wrote:
Hey all, the Tepper app went live yesterday! Although, I experienced a little difficulty in creating an account - when I tried yesterday I got a duplicate accout warning message. I don't know why they'd have a dupe as this is the first time I'll be applyin to Tepper. I clicked on the "email" option but didn't receive anything. I tried to create an account today, got the same warning, clicked on the "email" option again, but this time I got an account creation confirmation. I guess it worked in the end, but it was a little confusing nevertheless.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?

Hi Skye10, I am also facing this issue while trying to login/creating an account. When I create account it says duplicate id, but when I use that id it says incorrect login details. I do have login on applyyourself.

Besides, I could request for login details at one page and got email from Carnegie Mellon University Tepper School but that is also not working.

Could you find out the solution for this problem?

Thanks -
Rohit

I just sent an email to applyyourself's technical assistance. They sent an email back with a password for the user id and then I changed it...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Thanks Skye10, I did the same and got a reply from tech staff that my account does not exist, but it does. Anyhow, I have created a new account (duplicate) hope it does not create any conflict with existing one.

Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Hi Class2012/Sky/All,

Whats the best "Margin" to use on the page to bring the essays in 2 pages?

thanks in advance!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
rao_1857 wrote:
Hi Class2012/Sky/All,

Whats the best "Margin" to use on the page to bring the essays in 2 pages?

thanks in advance!

Any insight on the Margin ???

Thanks...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Another last min question:

If you can't get a LOR from your current supervisor, do you need to explain this in optional essay?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  26