Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [1] , given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2009, 04:47
1
This post received
KUDOS
Image

Essays

A. What are your short-term and long-term goals? How will a Tepper MBA help you to achieve these goals. (Please include any information regarding what steps you have taken to learn more about the Tepper School.) (Suggested length: 2 double-spaced pages)

B. The Tepper School’s culture relies on all members to be active contributors to our community. With your values, experiences, and interests, how will you make a unique contribution to the Tepper community? Your examples may include: classroom interaction, student activities, career development, community service, etc.(Suggested length: 2 double-spaced pages)

C. Please answer two of the following three questions or statements. Please clearly specify which questions you are answering. Your two answers should equal a total of two pages or less.

1. Describe an obstacle you have faced in your professional or academic life. How did you overcome this obstacle and how did it foster your development?

2. Describe a time in which your ethics were challenged. How did you deal with the situation and what did you learn from it?

3. One thing people would be surprised to know about me is . . .

D. Is there anything additional that you think we should know as we evaluate your application? Note: if you believe your credentials and essays represent you fairly, you should not feel obligated to answer this question. This essay is intended to provide a place for you to add information that you think is important but is not covered elsewhere in the application.

You must complete this essay if you answered “yes” to the additional information questions on the previous page.

Deadlines

Round 1
Deadline - October 26, 2009
Decision - December 21, 2009

Round 2
Deadline - January 04, 2010
Decision - March 15, 2010

Round 3
Deadline - March 08, 2010
Decision - May 03, 2010

Round 4
Deadline - April 26, 2010*
Decision - June 04, 2010

Round 5
Deadline - June 01, 2010**
Decision - Rolling

R1
Total Applicants: 18
Interview Invites: 14
Admitted: 8
WL: 1
Dinged:
Unknown: 9

alnasi - Interviewed
alymarie
andy2010 - Interviewed
awesomeusername - Admit w/$$$
bhy - Admit w/$$$
Class2012 - Admit
dv450 - Admit w/$$$
hopeful1 - Interview
jackets85 - Admit
madbubbles - Admit(Forte Fellow)
MBA42012 - Admit
Pre777
quantumquark - Interviewed
rao_1857 - Admit
rhaces - Waitlist
rohitmakkad
Skye10 - Interviewed
vnbui

R2
Total Applicants: 26
Interview Invites: 16
Admitted:5
WL: 6
Ding: 1
Unknown - 14

Admits

Boogs - with $$
LetsGoMets - with $$
maxtor
onmymind - with $$
sam04


ammim - Ding
anxietyismyname - Interview
Ari123 - Interview/Withdrew
apurvashukla
Boogs - Interview
coakleym - Waitlist
connecticket
finblue
Freshair - Interview
gmatmba2010 - Waitlist
gottabwise
hookemhorns86 - Waitlist
kirtanasrini - Waitlist
lewi - Interview
M2010
manasa - Waitlist
mechIFR
nilashis
shaun3 - Interview
Spikezz - Waitlist
stayingcalm
yuskay

R3
Total Applicants: 4
Interview Invites:
Admitted:
WL:
Dinged:

jbourne
shinkdown
sunshinemoods
tomahawk003

Link to last year's thread - calling-all-cmu-tepper-fall-2009-applicants-69554.html

Last edited by Class2012 on 23 Mar 2010, 10:25, edited 31 times in total.
Updated roll call.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 47
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2009, 06:29
count me in, please, Round 1

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2009, 23:48
Looks like Tepper's steppin up the timetable this year, over a month in advance. Count me in for Round 1...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 80
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V48
GPA: 2.97
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 82

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Jul 2009, 08:01
Count me in for Round 1
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 7
Schools: SMU
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2009, 10:01
I thought that the essays would be released today? I can't seem to find them. Help!
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Jul 2009, 13:41
alymarie wrote:
I thought that the essays would be released today? I can't seem to find them. Help!


That's what adcom told me.May be they need more time.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2009, 18:22
Tepper's upcoming admission events.

http://wpweb2.tepper.cmu.edu/mba/events/allevents.asp
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Jun 2009
Posts: 39
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2009, 22:54
Someone was busy updating the Tepper MBA website - they've posted an interesting pic of the incoming class (which speaks a thousand words or something like that), and there's new pics throughout that look like high def compared to some of the old ones they had...

The online applications won't be available until Sep 1st, and you can't request an interview until Sep. 8th. I kind of wish that they'd make all of these things available at an earlier date so that the adcom can gain that much more insight into just who is serious about applying; I'm ready to begin the application and schedule an interview today...
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2008
Posts: 26
Location: MI
Schools: Kellogg, Ross, Tepper
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Aug 2009, 19:47
R1, count me in! Good luck everyone
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 658
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2009, 15:24
Need help with # 2 essay:

Can anybody give us insight as to what should go under :

B. The Tepper School’s culture relies on all members to be active contributors to our community. With your values, experiences, and interests, how will you make a unique contribution to the Tepper community? Your examples may include: classroom interaction, student activities, career development, community service, etc.


thanks in advance
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2009, 18:46
Many schools have some sort of 'Contribution' essay.Basically list out your interests and how they will help your classmates.In another way,show them what you bring to the table.

rao_1857 wrote:
Need help with # 2 essay:

Can anybody give us insight as to what should go under :

B. The Tepper School’s culture relies on all members to be active contributors to our community. With your values, experiences, and interests, how will you make a unique contribution to the Tepper community? Your examples may include: classroom interaction, student activities, career development, community service, etc.


thanks in advance
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 658
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2009, 20:39
Class2012 wrote:
Many schools have some sort of 'Contribution' essay.Basically list out your interests and how they will help your classmates.In another way,show them what you bring to the table.

rao_1857 wrote:
Need help with # 2 essay:

Can anybody give us insight as to what should go under :

B. The Tepper School’s culture relies on all members to be active contributors to our community. With your values, experiences, and interests, how will you make a unique contribution to the Tepper community? Your examples may include: classroom interaction, student activities, career development, community service, etc.


thanks in advance


Thanks !

So just to confirm this includes everythign from your diverse background to your professional as well as ECs...right?

Thanks again for the clarification
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2009, 03:47
Right.Be sure to include how your background/hobbies help the Tepper community.

rao_1857 wrote:
Class2012 wrote:
Many schools have some sort of 'Contribution' essay.Basically list out your interests and how they will help your classmates.In another way,show them what you bring to the table.

rao_1857 wrote:
Need help with # 2 essay:

Can anybody give us insight as to what should go under :

B. The Tepper School’s culture relies on all members to be active contributors to our community. With your values, experiences, and interests, how will you make a unique contribution to the Tepper community? Your examples may include: classroom interaction, student activities, career development, community service, etc.


thanks in advance


Thanks !

So just to confirm this includes everythign from your diverse background to your professional as well as ECs...right?

Thanks again for the clarification
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 658
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2009, 09:30
Perfect ... thanks !
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 658
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2009, 10:00
Another Q (sorry for bombarding):

1. Describe an obstacle you have faced in your professional or academic life. How did you overcome this obstacle and how did it foster your development?

Just to confirm this is not the right place to talk about weaknesses, right ?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2009, 13:02
rao_1857 wrote:

Just to confirm this is not the right place to talk about weaknesses, right ?


You can talk about it if you overcame it.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 658
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Aug 2009, 13:48
Class2012 wrote:
rao_1857 wrote:

Just to confirm this is not the right place to talk about weaknesses, right ?


You can talk about it if you overcame it.


THNAKS !!!

Do you have an idea as to how much we should devote on the

Obstacle,

how did we overcome

how it foster our development.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2009, 14:48
rao_1857 wrote:
Class2012 wrote:
rao_1857 wrote:

Just to confirm this is not the right place to talk about weaknesses, right ?


You can talk about it if you overcame it.


THNAKS !!!

Do you have an idea as to how much we should devote on the

Obstacle,

how did we overcome

how it foster our development.


For me,how it fostered your development needs more space followed by rest.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 367
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2009, 14:52
Tepper released the profile for incoming class.

http://www.tepper.cmu.edu/mba/admission ... index.aspx

Class size is roughly the same whereas avg GPA went up and avg GMAT score went down,not substantially though.

Also the % of women went up.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Posts: 658
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Aug 2009, 16:42
rao_1857 wrote:
Another Q (sorry for bombarding):

1. Describe an obstacle you have faced in your professional or academic life. How did you overcome this obstacle and how did it foster your development?

Just to confirm this is not the right place to talk about weaknesses, right ?



Is it ok to write an obstacle which is like 10 years old?

I am having real hard time in finding any substantial one :(
Re: Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants   [#permalink] 29 Aug 2009, 16:42
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Indiana Kelley Fall 2010 Applicants kdkull 182 10 Nov 2009, 14:59
25 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Darden Fall 2010 Applicants! pmk157 1262 15 Jul 2009, 07:05
3 Calling all Emory applicants Fall 2010 w103psp 159 01 Jul 2009, 05:32
30 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Fall 2010 MIT Sloan Applicants nink 897 08 Jun 2009, 16:39
7 Calling all CMU (Tepper) Fall 2009 applicants! aakashganga 194 30 Aug 2008, 16:35
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Tepper Fall 2010 Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  26    Next  [ 504 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.