Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 05:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 9

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2009, 12:49
maverick2011 wrote:
jb32, nice avatar...if you had that a couple months ago, I probably would have applied to McCombs!

Sorry for the OT post, as you were...

Nothing like 25,000 female undergrads and a future 6 figure salary to draw them in like a magnet...
Current Student
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2009, 13:18
young_gun wrote:
hey Mav, stop copying my avatar!

Mine's bigger! Just kidding (but seriously, it is).
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2009, 00:49
jb32 wrote:
maverick2011 wrote:
jb32, nice avatar...if you had that a couple months ago, I probably would have applied to McCombs!

Sorry for the OT post, as you were...

Nothing like 25,000 female undergrads and a future 6 figure salary to draw them in like a magnet...

Texas did get voted #1 for the hottest girls by Playboy ;-) And the business undergrad girls dress to impress, and McCombs is right next to Jester, the largest dorm in the country (resident-wise).
Current Student
Schools: Fuqua
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2009, 08:54
Quote:
Texas did get voted #1 for the hottest girls by Playboy ;-) And the business undergrad girls dress to impress, and McCombs is right next to Jester, the largest dorm in the country (resident-wise).

Doesn't every school make this claim? I demand to see documentation! Sounds like an urban legend...

That said, while I was at Virginia, there was actually a Playboy published with the first-ever "ranking" of colleges by hottest female undergrads. We were #1 - you can google for verification. I dunno if they've done it annually since then, but it's true. But hey, I've heard about the Texas ladies. Strong point in McCombs' favor.
Intern
Intern
Schools: McCombs
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2009, 14:48
I started a facebook group for the class of 2011 (all those deciding to matriculate). Just search for

McCombs MBA Class 2011.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2009, 20:41
We need a roll call for Texas applicants (and admits) on the 1st page. jb32, can u do tht?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2009, 21:10
Toubab wrote:
Quote:

Doesn't every school make this claim? I demand to see documentation! Sounds like an urban legend...

That said, while I was at Virginia, there was actually a Playboy published with the first-ever "ranking" of colleges by hottest female undergrads. We were #1 - you can google for verification. I dunno if they've done it annually since then, but it's true. But hey, I've heard about the Texas ladies. Strong point in McCombs' favor.

couldn't find the old ranking when I was in school, but Texas is currently #12:
http://www.popcrunch.com/hottest-studen ... oks-20-11/
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2009, 22:03
sunilpai wrote:
We need a roll call for Texas applicants (and admits) on the 1st page. jb32, can u do tht?

You're welcome! :wink:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2009, 12:48
Do they tend to ding a lot of applicants who they invite to the interview
or
an invite is a pretty good sign that you are in?

Do they admit anyone without the interview??

The one who flies is worthy. The one who is worthy flies. The one who doesn't fly isn't worthy

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2009, 09:23
If anyone is updating the front page still I can be added to the list. Interviewed in January and waiting to hear back. Felt alot better about my chances before the interview than after so we will see.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2009, 09:26
Spiridon,

From what I have read/heard, they tend to interview a large number of applicants (>50%). I dont know enough to speculate what the percentage of interviews that translate into acceptances this year as the application volume could be different but typically it has been ~50% interviewed and ~50% of those getting in I believe. Has anyone else come across similar/different stats? I also believe that all admits are invited to interview.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2009, 17:23
Has everyone who interviewed in November or December heard back?
I interviewed on December 11 and still haven't heard any news.
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2009, 17:35
I believe everyone on the frontpage that interviewed in November / December. That would be 8 of us.
Current Student
Schools: Ross,Johnson, Darden, McCombs, Simon

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2009, 20:41
Still waiting here as well. I am hopeful that these reports of hearing by the end of the month are correct and I will have some sort of idea by this friday. I am assuming a waitlist at best which surprises me. With plenty of applicants who interviewed in November hearing before the break and over the past few weeks, this wait cannot be good. I hope that I am wrong but I have begun to lose interest in McCombs. The Ross admit probably has alot to do with this, but I had thought that rolling admissions usually allowed those who applied earlier to learn the result more promptly. Not a whole lot we can do...so we wait.
Director
Director
Schools: Stern, McCombs, Marshall, Wharton
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 92 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2009, 06:22
Can you add me as well, I applied 11/15. I applied through the Consortium so I actually never interviewed with McCombs. I got an email back in December saying I would have an answer by 1/30 so I guess I only have two more days to wait :|
Current Student
Schools: HBS, UCLA, DUKE, UNC, USC, TEXAS

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2009, 12:12
Since Texas uses rolling admissions, do the round deadlines really matter? Meaning, if I turn my application in next Tuesday instead of this Sunday's deadline, will that negatively impact my chances of admittance? It's my understanding that Texas reviews each application as it comes in.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Texas, Foster (washington) UNC

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2009, 13:47
can you add me to the front page as well? I submitted 12/4 and interviewed 12/16. I'm still waiting for a decisions. Does everyone think its too early for me to hear back since there are people who applied in november who still haven't heard?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2009, 14:34
Stockmoose16 wrote:
Since Texas uses rolling admissions, do the round deadlines really matter? Meaning, if I turn my application in next Tuesday instead of this Sunday's deadline, will that negatively impact my chances of admittance? It's my understanding that Texas reviews each application as it comes in.

Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing.

It seems like it wouldn’t matter unless the “second suggested deadline” is the cut off date for scholarship consideration.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2009, 17:41
flood wrote:
Stockmoose16 wrote:

Thanks.

I was wondering the same thing.

It seems like it wouldn’t matter unless the “second suggested deadline” is the cut off date for scholarship consideration.

Still haven't gotten a definitive answer on this. Anyone?
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2009, 18:04
I'm pretty sure tomorrow is the deadline for international applicants. I take that to mean that if you miss tomorrow's deadline, then you won't be considered this year at all. Same thing for domestic applicants with the April 1st deadline.
Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants!   [#permalink] 31 Jan 2009, 18:04