Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:15 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Texas
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools:Texas (accepted) , Chicago Booth (accepted), Stanford (denied), London Business School (accepted)
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink]
Congrats icon. I also got a scholarship - $10k/yr. I was very excited, but I don't want to make a long-term, life decision on the basis of money, especially $20k over my lifetime. While it should be a factor, I want to attend the best school for me, whatever that is. Tough though b/c it is a huge perk for the near-term...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
How long did it take for you admitted folks to get your letter in the mail after the call? Going on 9 days now and just curious if that's par for the course
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Schools:Fuqua
Send PM
I got my admit call on Jan 17th. Got a single letter/small envelope in the mail afterward with my admit notification. But nothing else... no admit package, no merit scholarship notification, not even any swag. What gives?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I believe they contact you later with scholarship info if applicable. Don't think the funding pool is set until January and they're just starting to notify recipients (correct me if I'm wrong). How much time did you get before the deposit is due?
Current Student
Send PM
I got my admit package in the mail about a week after getting my acceptance call. Nice black leather binder with lots of info.

A couple weeks after I got another letter in the mail which was more of a UT system wide official notification ie "You have been accepted to the MBA program, this acceptance is for enrollment in 2009 only, etc. etc."

The scholarship funding pool was set in January, rsp33, so this week is the earliest that anyone has been notified of a scholarship offer. Myself and a friend who was also offered scholarship, were both contacted via email on Wednesday. As far as I know, that is the first anyone has heard of scholarship, regardless of when you were admitted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS, Kellogg, MIT, Cornell, Texas, SMU, Washington (Olin)
 Q49  V48
Send PM
Count me in, submitted 2/6. I got a few honeys to blow on the dice before firing this one off, so here's to a little luck. :barbarian
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Schools:Ross,Johnson, Darden, McCombs, Simon
 Q48  V41
Send PM
Well, I finally got the waitlist letter in the mail. I thought this was coming so it was not too big of a shock, but three months ago, I thought I had a very good shot of getting in. Oh well, we'll see this summer.

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting!
Current Student
Send PM
dghazer wrote:
Well, I finally got the waitlist letter in the mail. I thought this was coming so it was not too big of a shock, but three months ago, I thought I had a very good shot of getting in. Oh well, we'll see this summer.

Good luck to the rest of you still waiting!

I think you might not have to wait that long dghazer. McCombs asked many prospective students that were accepted in December to reply by Feb 15th with their decision. While it was a soft deadline (they noted if you needed more time, just to ask) some people that were accepted will be turning down their invitation by this weekend. I would guess that means that in as early as a couple weeks people who were waitlisted may receive calls about getting off the waitlist. Keep your head up.

Plus, an admit at Ross in your back pocket sure does help with any anxiety you might otherwise have had! 8-)
Current Student
Send PM
Quick tidbit on McCombs application volume this year. Second year McCombs student on the student admissions committee says that they have received more applications through the end of January this year than they did through the end of April last year. :shock: Also said they anticipate yield to be slightly down compared to last year so may offer more acceptances this year.
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V48
Send PM
Interview invite, quick turnaround! I'm looking forward to another trip down to Austin.

Southbound 35!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Guys,
Anyone heard regarding the scholarship from McCombs?
They mentioned mid February.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Has anyone else had a problem submitting essays through the McCombs online submission form? When I copy and paste from Word, the online form automatically eliminates all my paragraphs, and turns the document into one long paragraph. I can't seem to figure out a way around this problem.

Has everyone experienced this?
Manager
Manager
 Q49  V48
Send PM
I didn't have a problem like that, but you might try pasting your Word essays into Notepad, and then pasting from Notepad into the form.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Here's one for ya - I submitted on the Round 2 Suggested Deadline (Feb 2), interviewed soon after, then just the other day was informed that I am missing a transcript.

The missing transcript is from a 1-year exchange program I did during UG; the courses and grades are included on my main UG transcript but for some reason UT wants a separate official copy straight from the exchange institution. In any case I have ordered it and expect it to arrive the first week of March.

Anyone have any insight as to whether this will hold me back from being reviewed as part of Round 2?

Any chance the AdCom will continue reviewing my app without the offending transcript?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Add another one to the waitlist! They sent me one of those restaurant pagers and will buzz me when a spot opens up.

I'm now waiting for UT and Vanderbilt. Vanderbilt told me "end of March", however UT didn't specify a window. I'd assume it would be at least end of March (?).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
RonONeal wrote:
Here's one for ya - I submitted on the Round 2 Suggested Deadline (Feb 2), interviewed soon after, then just the other day was informed that I am missing a transcript.

The missing transcript is from a 1-year exchange program I did during UG; the courses and grades are included on my main UG transcript but for some reason UT wants a separate official copy straight from the exchange institution. In any case I have ordered it and expect it to arrive the first week of March.

Anyone have any insight as to whether this will hold me back from being reviewed as part of Round 2?

Any chance the AdCom will continue reviewing my app without the offending transcript?

McCombs has a rolling admissions policy.So deadlines does not matter.The adcom might wait till they get your transcript.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wanted to know for those that have accepted have they gone through the Kroll verification process. I wanted to get an idea of what to expect and how much it costs so that I can build that into my overgrowing business school budget.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11