Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 19:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Director
Director
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 145 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2008, 13:49
Probably a batch process that sent out interviews. I'm not complaining.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 181 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2008, 13:54
jb32 wrote:
Got my interview invite at 6am this morning. Weird, huh? Not sure whether I'm going to do on campus or off.

Congrats! I know it's your safety but at least something worked out. Maybe they'll offer you a scholarship?

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Director
Director

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2008, 14:12
I just feel some kind of confirmation and confidence that what I'm doing isn't all wrong. I'm hoping for an admit and then I'll apply to Kellogg, Tuck and NYU 2nd round. Otherwise I'll head to Texas and have some fun on 6th Street.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2008, 20:32
McCombs is really a top notch school set in one of the best college town/city. If you are in-state, the bang for your buck is unbeatable. If you were military, the tuition is free, at least few years ago. Plus, all the top companies recruit there.
Current Student
Schools: Texas

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2008, 21:58
I got my interview invite on Thursday (forgot to come post here) at 6:01am. Early risers I guess. :-D
Current Student
Schools: Ross,Johnson, Darden, McCombs, Simon

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2008, 13:47
Ok, today was my first interview and I was extremely nervous. The interviewer was a second year and did a good job of making me feel more comfortable. The interview was straight forward and lasted about 30 minutes. I dont know if that is a bad sign or what. I feel that I did not do enough either way to significantly influence a decision. If they liked my profile before, I am probably alright. If not, then I definitely did not change their mind. Anyways the questions were:
Walk me through your resume
Why UT
What can you contribute to a group
Tell me about a failure/frustration
What will you bring to UT
Short term goals

That is all I can think of now, there were a few others. I will edit this if I think of the others. Nothing tricky though, completely straight forward.

Good luck to the rest of you!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2008, 17:09
My app went complete a few days ago...is it now possible to check the status?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2008, 19:13
I know this is thinking ahead, but I wasn't able to find a date for when Deposits are due for accepted individuals. Does anyone know this by chance?
Director
Director

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2008, 21:02
Ok, my interview is tomorrow. Any last minute advice?
SVP
SVP
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 181 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2008, 21:05
jb32 wrote:
Ok, my interview is tomorrow. Any last minute advice?

Knock em dead. I guess just know yourself, your resume, and have a few leadership/teamwork stories in mind to share.

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

Director
Director

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2008, 15:14
Had my interview today and I wanted to post a few of the unexpected questions I received here for everyone else's benefit.

What will be the most challenging aspect for you of working in a study group? What will you contribute?
What have you learned about yourself through the application process?
What are the best aspects and aspects that need improvement about your career thus far?

That's all I can remember, but I know I had a bunch of questions that seemed to ask me to take a negative and then spin it into a positive. A little tougher than the standard 'Why MBA, Why now?', although they asked me that too.

Also, What will you bring to the community?
Tell me about yourself.
What is an example of a recent leadership experience and were there any challenges you faced?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2008, 15:17
jb32 wrote:
Had my interview today and I wanted to post a few of the unexpected questions I received here for everyone else's benefit.

What will be the most challenging aspect for you of working in a study group? What will you contribute?
What have you learned about yourself through the application process?
What are the best aspects and aspects that need improvement about your career thus far?

That's all I can remember, but I know I had a bunch of questions that seemed to ask me to take a negative and then spin it into a positive. A little tougher than the standard 'Why MBA, Why now?', although they asked me that too.

Also, What will you bring to the community?
Tell me about yourself.
What is an example of a recent leadership experience and were there any challenges you faced?

tnx for sharing

when do u expect they will let u know

The one who flies is worthy. The one who is worthy flies. The one who doesn't fly isn't worthy

Director
Director

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2008, 15:34
They said 6-8 weeks.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2008, 15:49
Wow, I did not get anything tough like that. How long was the interview?
Director
Director

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Nov 2008, 15:56
45 minutes. It was a little tough, I'll admit. I think I did well with most of the questions, but I'm not so sure how well I pulled off some of the ones I mentioned above. What threw me was how they started off a little negative.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2008, 09:42
Got an interview invite. It was sent at 7AM this morning... Thanksgiving Day. Weird.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2008, 10:03
Congrats Ntang
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2008, 10:13
Ntang wrote:
Got an interview invite. It was sent at 7AM this morning... Thanksgiving Day. Weird.

really weird. whats going on with mccombs...

anyway congrats man hope u will get in

The one who flies is worthy. The one who is worthy flies. The one who doesn't fly isn't worthy

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2008, 18:33
Ntang wrote:

hey! Congrats. Where are you based, if I may ask? Thanks..
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Nov 2008, 07:42
Chapel Thrill, NC.
Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants!   [#permalink] 28 Nov 2008, 07:42