Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:04 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Texas
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Harvard, Wharton, Texas, MIT, Kellogg
Re: Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! [#permalink]
Hey Guys,

Completed my interview 3/6. Interesting experience, I interviewed with one of the admissions directors, and it was very clear to me that she hadn't even looked at my resume. It was very much a standard interview (leadership experience, why UT, why MBA, etc.).

Though, I got a feeling that she was probing for my interest in UT. She asked me if I had attended an info session, a class, had I talked to students, etc.

Anyone else get that feel?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
ma.agrawal wrote:
Hey Guys,

Completed my interview 3/6. Interesting experience, I interviewed with one of the admissions directors, and it was very clear to me that she hadn't even looked at my resume. It was very much a standard interview (leadership experience, why UT, why MBA, etc.).

Though, I got a feeling that she was probing for my interest in UT. She asked me if I had attended an info session, a class, had I talked to students, etc.

Anyone else get that feel?

I personally did not, but I am applying to more of an Elite/Trans-Elite cluster, whereas it would appear you're aiming for all Super Elite with McCombs as a safety. I'd imagine that is a definite red flag for the adcom.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Finally got a interview invite.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 779 [0]
Given Kudos: 548
Schools:Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
 Q44  V50
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Send PM
fall09 wrote:
Finally got a interview invite.

Congrats fall09. I am really happy for you.

Hopefully, Texas recognizes what a fantastic candidate you are. :-D
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Harvard, Wharton, Texas, MIT, Kellogg
Good Luck Fall09!!
Current Student
Send PM
Anyone headed to Austin for preview weekend this Thursday/Friday/Saturday? The agenda looks pretty great.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q48  V39
Send PM
icon wrote:
Anyone headed to Austin for preview weekend this Thursday/Friday/Saturday? The agenda looks pretty great.

Icon, I was planning to go, but decided last week that I won't be attending. Hope you guys have a great time.
Current Student
Send PM
jb32 wrote:
icon wrote:

Icon, I was planning to go, but decided last week that I won't be attending. Hope you guys have a great time.

Congrats on Kellogg, jb32! Best of luck to you- I'm sure it will be a great experience.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:HBS, Kellogg, MIT, Cornell, Texas, SMU, Washington (Olin)
 Q49  V48
Send PM
I interviewed at the end of February but still have not gotten a response.

Does that mean it's curtains for me? Or is there a chance that I'm on some sort of quasi-waitlist? I'm still holding out faint hopes for a McCombs admit.

Should I take a chance and start bombarding the Adcom with all of the reasons Texas is my top choice? Desperate times!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Non Profit / General
Schools:Kellogg Darden, HBS, Stanford, Yale, Duke, Notre Dame
 Q48  V44
Send PM
Hi All,

I just got a 'check your status online' message - I'm waitllisted. I'm really quite surprised. McCombs was probably my strongest application. I interviewed with an alum off campus, and she had already read my essays before the interview. She commented that my essays were excellent and really painted a compelling picture of what I wanted to do, the interview went really well as well. It just goes to show that you can never really tell. Anyhow, their loss! :)

I'm wondering now if I should accept or decline the position on the waitlist. I'm admitted to 2 other schools, Darden (no money), and ND (75% scholarship). I'm probably going to go where the money is, and I would only have gone to UT had they offered me a similar scholarship. I doubt there's much chance of them offering that much money to somone they accept off the waitlist. Thoughts, anyone?

Best of luck to all those still waiting.
Current Student
Send PM
F13 wrote:
Hi All,

I just got a 'check your status online' message - I'm waitllisted. I'm really quite surprised. McCombs was probably my strongest application. I interviewed with an alum off campus, and she had already read my essays before the interview. She commented that my essays were excellent and really painted a compelling picture of what I wanted to do, the interview went really well as well. It just goes to show that you can never really tell. Anyhow, their loss! :)

I'm wondering now if I should accept or decline the position on the waitlist. I'm admitted to 2 other schools, Darden (no money), and ND (75% scholarship). I'm probably going to go where the money is, and I would only have gone to UT had they offered me a similar scholarship. I doubt there's much chance of them offering that much money to somone they accept off the waitlist. Thoughts, anyone?

Best of luck to all those still waiting.

I would say your chances of getting any scholarship money at all (much less as much as ND offered) from the waitlist are slim to none. If you are not interested in McCombs unless you are going to get scholarship then you should probably decline your position on the waitlist.

On another note, in speaking with the director of admissions at Preview Weekend applications were up 20% this year at McCombs (final deadline was April 1) on top of the 25% rise in applications last year. So an extra congrats to all those admitted and best of luck to those still waiting to find out!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
icon wrote:

On another note, in speaking with the director of admissions at Preview Weekend applications were up 20% this year at McCombs (final deadline was April 1) on top of the 25% rise in applications last year. So an extra congrats to all those admitted and best of luck to those still waiting to find out!

Did you gather any info on the job and internship offers for the current class(1Y and 2Y)?
Current Student
Send PM
fall09 wrote:
icon wrote:

Did you gather any info on the job and internship offers for the current class(1Y and 2Y)?

58% of 2nd years have full-time job offers right now. This time last year that number was 70something% (sorry cannot remember the exact figure). I have some notes that probably have better details but don't have them with me at work. Sorry.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11