Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:56 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Texas '12
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling All Texas-McCombs Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink]
axechik wrote:
anybody heard anything ? did anybody else get accepted ?

Nothing here, and I didn't see anything mentioned on the other board either.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 236 [0]
Schools:McCombs Class of 2012
Send PM
I got a call yesterday to see if I am still interested in the program. Got a call today letting me know that I am in.

Hang in there guys!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Long time listener first time poster…I got a phone call today and was accepted off the wait-list…Im pretty fired up about it, but the wife isn’t. F.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Accepted a few months ago but got a scholarship email today (after not getting one initially). Clearly some space opened up.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats to everyone who was accepted! Can you please post some stats? What rounds did you all apply?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wow lot of movement today. congrats to all three of you. hopefully enough spaces opened up for them to get to the very very bottom of the waitlist, where i seem to be. i have a feeling this week is finally the week for a yay or nay (but i have thought that before)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was told last week would be full of dings, but not sure how many WL'ers would be admitted this week. I think if you are still on the WL, UT has some intention of admitting you, or they would have dinged you last week. At least I hope this is the case, as I am still waitlisted. Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ozzie wrote:
I was told last week would be full of dings, but not sure how many WL'ers would be admitted this week. I think if you are still on the WL, UT has some intention of admitting you, or they would have dinged you last week. At least I hope this is the case, as I am still waitlisted. Thoughts?

Haha! I love your perspective! It's a very positive way of looking at it, and I hope you're right!

Roll Call Updated
Manager
Manager
Send PM
When I talked to them, they told me that they still have a couple of spots to fill up. So you guys definitely still have a chance. I had taken a math class and sent them my transcript after completion. From the discussion on the phone it seemed that this had helped me get noticed.

With that in mind I would encourage you to call the admissions office and give them an update of your situation.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yea, I emailed them last week and asked what the deal was...in the email they sent back they siad thanks for the continued interest and that they'd add that I emailed them with my interest in my file. At this point, I dont think they are even looking at the metrics. I think if you are on the wait-list you are good enough...they just are looking at the profiles trying to figure out who will absolutely say YES. That is my guess. Regretfully, I can say first hand that one more spot might open.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
txecnomist,

where would you go if you don't take the McCombs offer?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Rice$ or the Professional UT program in Houston. I can tell you this -- Nothing would please me more than to be walking across the South Mall with Raybans and the Austin, TX sunshine on my face as I walk to the GSB. Austin is Mecca for me... We'll se what happens ...

I applied to UVA (Only Ding), UT, WashU (free holla), Rice, and the UT Pro program. Rice just happen to give me the most money...which I guess would be expected. Still, I am going to do everything I can to do to make it to ATX. So fired up!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hey smarinov n txeconomist...

would you mind sharing your profiles?
i was dinged last week, and am trying to figure out what i need to do to improve my profile so i can give it a good shot next year.

thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
M28/ UT undergrad / 680 / 5-6Y WE in Strategy at Fortune 500 energy company. I am thinking about retaking the GMAT before I enroll, as I think I could a little better. I only took it once and the power went out during the Quant section for a few minutes...and I am not sure how this affect my time and thus my score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Received this email yesterday:

"You are receiving this email because you are currently on the waitlist for the Texas MBA program to start this fall 2010. The admissions committee is preparing to do a review of the waitlist candidates and I wanted to check in to see if you are still interested in being considered to join the program this fall – or if you have already made other arrangements. Please respond to me ASAP and let me know if you would still like to be considered and if there is any other pertinent information you would like the admissions committee to know for this review."

This is really messing with my head now, as I have committed to another school already. UT was truly my initial first choice, and apparently there is still a chance to get in.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did everyone get this email? I don't understand why UT sends these out to certain people and not others-- I guess they have a heirarchy WL ?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TheQC wrote:
Did everyone get this email? I don't understand why UT sends these out to certain people and not others-- I guess they have a heirarchy WL ?

I did not receive that email.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70