Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:55 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: University of Texas - Austin (McCombs) - Class of 2014
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
texasexpat wrote:
Had my interview this past weekend, very conversational in nature. Now my interview status is marked "Complete", so I guess the final wait begins...

Good luck to all who are yet to complete their interviews.

Ditto. My interview was conducted by a 2'nd year student (via Skype) and it was very conversational & friendly in nature.

The interview lasted for about 45minutes in total - 30minutes of him asking questions, followed by 15minutes of my questions.

Good luck to all those who have their interviews coming up! -)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
Are all the interview invitations out? If I still hear nothing from Austin, I get dinged? I am so worried.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
The admissions office has said that invitations are released throughout the round, and can arrive at any time. Considering that the decision date is the week of December 19th, I wouldn't give up hope yet. The decision week is still a little over three weeks away.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Send PM
Yup, I haven't got my interview invite either.. Applied in R1 but my scores reached late. Not sure if that pushes my application to R2
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.47
Send PM
texasexpat wrote:
The admissions office has said that invitations are released throughout the round, and can arrive at any time. Considering that the decision date is the week of December 19th, I wouldn't give up hope yet. The decision week is still a little over three weeks away.

Thanks for the heads up, texasexpat. Hope I can get one after thanksgiving.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Send PM
Hi I'm looking to apply in round 2 (which is a big challenge given that there is just a week left). Can someone advise if Mccombs has a specific view on re-applicants? Given that one can establish how much more they have done since the previous application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Operations
Schools:McCombs class of 2013
 Q42  V45 GMAT 2: 710  Q41  V47
WE 1: 8 years Navy
Send PM
Kudos
dylanc wrote:
Hi I'm looking to apply in round 2 (which is a big challenge given that there is just a week left). Can someone advise if Mccombs has a specific view on re-applicants? Given that one can establish how much more they have done since the previous application.

Having applied in a previous year is not considered a negative factor in your application. We evaluate your new application on its merits, and in the context of the new applicant pool. Consider giving yourself a fresh start when you approach your reapplication. Think through and reassess the essays, addressing any weak areas in your application. Add new information that may be helpful in the admission process.

All re-applicants are required to complete a new application, new essays, a new resume and pay the application fee. For applications submitted prior to 2011, recommendations are only kept for one year. We strongly suggest submitting new letters of recommendation. Determine if other recommenders may provide a more current, insightful and thorough perspective. If you want to use recommendations from last year's application, please send an email to TexasMBA@mccombs.utexas.edu. Transcripts and test scores do not need to be resubmitted unless you have taken additional course work or improved your score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Did anyone receive an email about the one-year Master of Science in Technology Communication degree today?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Yeah, I did. I applied R1 and had my off campus interview already.

GLTA
Retired Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q35 V45
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Kudos
vinaynp wrote:
Is the interview blind?

This might be too late to help you, maybe some later R1 interviews and people from R2 can benefit from this - the interviews are blind. The head of the admissions committee announced this to the Women's Forum group so I don't think it's a secret - a lot of schools do it that way so it's pretty standard.

My interview was even more blind than I was expecting, my interviewer hadn't seen my resume. He explained that the admissions committee thought it was more fair that way, that the interview is a second opinion on you (that is unbiased by having already reviewed your application) from someone that knows the program about as well as anyone (a 2nd-year student if you interview on campus). They're basically trying to assess whether they think you're a good fit, whether they can easily see you fitting in to what they know are the culture and demands of the program.

Good luck to everyone that has yet to interview for R1, and all you R2 people that have your deadline coming up! And for those of us waiting for decision week, just try not to dwell on it. :-D

PS: Don't forget to update your profiles to reflect whether you've applied, received an interview invite, interviewed, etc. The stats at the beginning of the thread are only interesting to the extent that they're accurate.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
This will probably help Round 2 applications more, as the Round 1 deadline to complete interviews is tomorrow...

My interview was "very blind" as well. I met an alumni locally and brought my resume along just in case. My interviewer didn't have my resume, so I offered it just to have some context and talking points. That being said, he said that the role of the interview is to assess "fit" with the program without any prior knowledge of your application. Essentially, if you are someone that they would want in the program, e.g. you can carry yourself well, are fun to be around, etc. assuming your qualifications are up to snuff (which I would assume they are, or else the interview invite would not have been offered in the first place).

Overall a very conversational interview, lasted a little over an hour.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi,

What is the deadline timing for R2 to submit the application?

Is it 23:59 CST? Can some one please confirm?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
backliteyes wrote:
vinaynp wrote:
Is the interview blind?

This might be too late to help you, maybe some later R1 interviews and people from R2 can benefit from this - the interviews are blind. The head of the admissions committee announced this to the Women's Forum group so I don't think it's a secret - a lot of schools do it that way so it's pretty standard.

My interview was even more blind than I was expecting, my interviewer hadn't seen my resume. He explained that the admissions committee thought it was more fair that way, that the interview is a second opinion on you (that is unbiased by having already reviewed your application) from someone that knows the program about as well as anyone (a 2nd-year student if you interview on campus). They're basically trying to assess whether they think you're a good fit, whether they can easily see you fitting in to what they know are the culture and demands of the program.

Good luck to everyone that has yet to interview for R1, and all you R2 people that have your deadline coming up! And for those of us waiting for decision week, just try not to dwell on it. :-D

PS: Don't forget to update your profiles to reflect whether you've applied, received an interview invite, interviewed, etc. The stats at the beginning of the thread are only interesting to the extent that they're accurate.

Quick qn abt profile update. Where do you update the interview status? Mine still says requested but I finished my interview with an alumnus a few days ago. I wrote to the adcom folks and they said I didnt have to do anything and its my interviewer's responsibility.
Retired Thread Master
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q35 V45
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
mayashrin wrote:
Quick qn abt profile update. Where do you update the interview status? Mine still says requested but I finished my interview with an alumnus a few days ago. I wrote to the adcom folks and they said I didnt have to do anything and its my interviewer's responsibility.

I meant your profile here on GMAT club, so that the stats you can see on the first page of this thread are accurate. Nothing to do with the school itself. Sorry for the confusion. You can update your profile by clicking on the "My Profile" link at the top right corner of the page.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
in for round 2.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2014
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi McCombs applicants! FYI if you're applying through the Consortium Graduate Study in Management (CGSM), hop over to the Consortium 2012 Forum and Update Your Profile to reflect that you are applying through the Consortium.

It's simple. Just select your school as "Consortium, the", then indicate which specific institution(s) you'll be applying to and the Consortium round you'll be applying in. You can do all of this easily through the handy 'Add to Your Schools' link on the front page of the Consortium 2012 Forum.

We have a special analytics specifically for those candidates applying via Consortium and lots of useful tips for your application and assessment of your candidacy.

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.67
WE:Real Estate (Real Estate)
Send PM
I submitted my application on 12/5 (the round 2 deadline) but wasn't able to pay the application fee or upload the second copy of my transcript to the GIAC until 12/6 when I received the email from graduate admissions. I assume I will still be considered for round 2 since my application was in by the deadline but my fee wasn't yet paid, but has anyone been able to confirm this via the website or speaking with the admissions department?

Thank you
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  28   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts