Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 10 Jul 2014, 08:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.11
WE: Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 10:26
snh245 wrote:
Random -- but when do classes start? Trying to figure out my work exit/timing.


McCombs requires you to be on campus 8/6, with orientation starting 8/13. First day of classes is 8/22. Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 11:51
Waitlisted...does anyone know how waitlist works for McCombs? Are we evaluated again R3?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 65
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 14:44
Just got a scholarship email, timestamp 4:37pm CST

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2011
Posts: 102
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 15:27
Just got a scholarship email as well. Nothing major in terms of $, but anything helps really.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 65
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 15:31
IJR wrote:
Just got a scholarship email as well. Nothing major in terms of $, but anything helps really.

Did yours say anything about an out of state tuition waiver? The website says more than half of scholarships are accompanied by waivers, but my email had no mention.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2011
Posts: 13
Concentration: Other
GMAT Date: 11-08-2011
GPA: 3.17
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 16:53
TheGeneral wrote:
IJR wrote:
Just got a scholarship email as well. Nothing major in terms of $, but anything helps really.

Did yours say anything about an out of state tuition waiver? The website says more than half of scholarships are accompanied by waivers, but my email had no mention.


Did you guys got the scholarship email after accepting the offer? From what I ve read McCombs scholarship are usually worth 15 000 dllrs but very few people from this blog have received some kind of scholarship.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2012
Posts: 65
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 17:25
I have not accepted the offer yet. Per the website the offers range between 2K and 10K- that is consistent with my email.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 May 2011
Posts: 102
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 18:27
TheGeneral wrote:
IJR wrote:
Just got a scholarship email as well. Nothing major in terms of $, but anything helps really.

Did yours say anything about an out of state tuition waiver? The website says more than half of scholarships are accompanied by waivers, but my email had no mention.


I'm actually a Texas resident so it didn't mention that for me.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 8
Location: United States (GA)
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Schools: Emory (Goizueta) - Class of 2014
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2012, 18:41
Waitlisted. Anyone know how I could find out if there is ANY chance of a scholarship if I get admitted?
_________________

If there's one thing B-school has taught me, it's how to get into a B-school.

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2012
Posts: 8
Location: United States
Schools: McCombs '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: Operations (Consumer Products)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2012, 11:12
Purgatory... er... waitlisted as well. Sounds like all the Friday emails were of that variety.
_________________

DTW-MRS-PVG-SAN-AUS

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 05:07
Waitlisted as well
Retired Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2011
Posts: 61
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: McCombs '14 (WL)
GMAT 1: 650 Q35 V45
GPA: 3.72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 24

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 09:56
navill27 wrote:
Waitlisted...does anyone know how waitlist works for McCombs? Are we evaluated again R3?

That seems to be the case. I applied in R1 and was WL'd. They asked for updates (via an online form) a couple weeks prior to the R2 decision week and those of us on the WL from R1 got a fresh decision during R2 decision week. When I was informed that I would remain on the WL they said they would be reviewing it again in early April. I'm sure that's so they can give you a chance to provide updates and compare you with the the R3 applicant pool and what they know about their yield of R1/R2 admits.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 10:58
backliteyes wrote:
navill27 wrote:
Waitlisted...does anyone know how waitlist works for McCombs? Are we evaluated again R3?

That seems to be the case. I applied in R1 and was WL'd. They asked for updates (via an online form) a couple weeks prior to the R2 decision week and those of us on the WL from R1 got a fresh decision during R2 decision week. When I was informed that I would remain on the WL they said they would be reviewing it again in early April. I'm sure that's so they can give you a chance to provide updates and compare you with the the R3 applicant pool and what they know about their yield of R1/R2 admits.


Hi there! I utilized this forum during my gmat prep and just recently rediscovered it and I'm glad I did. I was also waitlisted in R2 and was just wondering what kind of updates they ask for. is it essay format? and do you remember how much space you had to explain any updates? I just want to start preparing mine before the time arrives.

congrats to all the admits and good luck to those still in the waitlist boat.
Retired Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2011
Posts: 61
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: McCombs '14 (WL)
GMAT 1: 650 Q35 V45
GPA: 3.72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 24

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 11:35
amv438 wrote:
Hi there! I utilized this forum during my gmat prep and just recently rediscovered it and I'm glad I did. I was also waitlisted in R2 and was just wondering what kind of updates they ask for. is it essay format? and do you remember how much space you had to explain any updates? I just want to start preparing mine before the time arrives.

congrats to all the admits and good luck to those still in the waitlist boat.

I posted the questions back on page 12 of this thread. They didn't ask for them to be in essay format, though I didn't test the word limits of the form (none were stated), so I guess you could answer in an essay if you wanted. Personally, I got the impression they were looking for short answers - a paragraph or two.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 13:22
backliteyes wrote:
I posted the questions back on page 12 of this thread. They didn't ask for them to be in essay format, though I didn't test the word limits of the form (none were stated), so I guess you could answer in an essay if you wanted. Personally, I got the impression they were looking for short answers - a paragraph or two.


oops, didn't even think to check if you already posted them. short answer seems more reasonable anyways. Thanks a ton for the info!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Posts: 53
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 13:58
Hi All,

Anyone in R3 (jan 23 round) already got interview invite? Are the interview invitations sent on a rolling basis?
Congrats to people who got admitted!

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 75
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.67
WE: Real Estate (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Feb 2012, 16:03
I also got a scholarship email on Friday 2/24 ... out-of-state tuition waiver and some $$. Very exciting!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Apr 2010
Posts: 126
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Fuqua '14 (M)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 54

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2012, 09:56
reach2bhush wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone in R3 (jan 23 round) already got interview invite? Are the interview invitations sent on a rolling basis?
Congrats to people who got admitted!

Thanks.


Hey, I'm R3 and I interviewed w/ an alumni off-campus on Feb 14th; invite came week prior.
_________________

I appreciate the kudos if you find this post helpful! +1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2010
Posts: 32
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2012, 14:11
When will Round 3 interviewees get notification of the decision? What is the expected acceptance timeline? Are round 3 admissions treated as rolling admissions?

Round 3 applicant. Interviewed w/ alumni in Boston Feb 16th.
Profile: 3.95 EE from UT
670 GMAT
7 years EE startup experience
Retired Thread Master
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2011
Posts: 61
Location: United States (TX)
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: McCombs '14 (WL)
GMAT 1: 650 Q35 V45
GPA: 3.72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 24

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2012, 14:46
PriceNation wrote:
When will Round 3 interviewees get notification of the decision? What is the expected acceptance timeline? Are round 3 admissions treated as rolling admissions?

Round 3 applicant. Interviewed w/ alumni in Boston Feb 16th.
Profile: 3.95 EE from UT
670 GMAT
7 years EE startup experience

The info about decision dates for all rounds is here: http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full- ... Apply.aspx
Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 27 Feb 2012, 14:46
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
50 Experts publish their posts in the topic McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants subhashghosh 541 19 Jul 2011, 03:28
Re: Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants daniel7 0 03 Dec 2010, 10:05
86 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Texas - McCombs Fall 2011 applicants mc 1389 08 Oct 2010, 10:53
41 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Texas-McCombs Fall 2010 Applicants asimov 1388 11 Oct 2009, 10:15
2 Calling all Texas (McCombs) Fall '09 applicants! icon 215 17 Jul 2008, 06:27
Display posts from previous: Sort by

McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  28    Next  [ 542 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.