Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Aug 2014, 01:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.57
WE: Information Technology (Energy and Utilities)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2011, 07:51
Seems finally got the application fee paid... Waiting for the second email to upload unofficial transcript to the GIAC or something...
Must say this application system sucks...
It seems on the status page (other thatn transcript) they ask me to upload something like "proof of financial support"... This thing is not required unless I'm addmitted right...?

btw, anybody knows how I can update my profile here so in the Applicant List in the first post my status can be updated to "application submitted"?
Manager
Manager
Schools: McCombs class of 2013
WE 1: 8 years Navy

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2011, 09:12
Xiaomu wrote:
It seems on the status page (other thatn transcript) they ask me to upload something like "proof of financial support"... This thing is not required unless I'm addmitted right...?

You're correct. You will only need to submit your proof of financial support after you have been admitted.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Oct 2011, 21:16
The Status page shows that I need to submit 5 things:

Application fee by the deadline
Submit yourGRE or GMAT
Submit yourTOEFL
Upload your Transcript
Send yourProof of Financial Resources

I understand that Proof of Financial Resources can be sent post admit. And I've already send my GMAT, TOEFL and Unofficial Transcripts. Any idea why it continues to ask me for these?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 04:06
sunnylobo wrote:
The Status page shows that I need to submit 5 things:

Application fee by the deadline
Submit yourGRE or GMAT
Submit yourTOEFL
Upload your Transcript
Send yourProof of Financial Resources

I understand that Proof of Financial Resources can be sent post admit. And I've already send my GMAT, TOEFL and Unofficial Transcripts. Any idea why it continues to ask me for these?

As long as you submitted everything with your online application, you should be good to go. I'm not sure why the system keeps asking for certain items. You can send an email to texasmba@mccombs.utexas.edu or give the admissions office a call at 512-471-7698 to ensure that all of your materials have been received.
Retired Thread Master
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
Schools: McCombs '14 (WL)
GMAT 1: 650 Q35 V45
GPA: 3.72
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 24

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 09:30
For anyone that's interested: I got an e-mail from McCombs today stating that there is space available to attend the Texas MBA Women's Forum (Nov. 10-11). The agenda is packed with really good stuff, and your hotel and meal expenses are covered.

Details here: http://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full- ... Forum.aspx
Stanford Thread Master
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 12:03
O'boy, I'm bummed out by the whole Mastercard/American Express payment bit - anyone know when's the last date for clearing the application fee?

Gotta try and secure a mastercard asap - would appreciate your insight on this brothersharp. Thanks! :)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 1

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2011, 12:17
This post received
KUDOS
Prabhakar wrote:
O'boy, I'm bummed out by the whole Mastercard/American Express payment bit - anyone know when's the last date for clearing the application fee?

Gotta try and secure a mastercard asap - would appreciate your insight on this brothersharp. Thanks! :)

I think the instruction said it must be paid within 5 business days of application submission...
Acutually I bought a $200 Vanilla prepaid MasterCard giftcard from a 7eleven store and it seems to work perfectly (so far...), my status at UT was turned to PAID within 60min of making that purchase.
Check MasterCard's website. It is very likely that you can find a similar giftcard somewhere in some convenient store nearby....
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 5

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 18:53
This post received
KUDOS
Hi everybody,

I hope the application process is going well for everyone. And for those of you who have already submitted for round 1, good luck!

I just wanted to let you all know that the 2011 Texas MBA Women's Forum will be held from November 10-11 in Austin. The application is live, and the deadline is November 4. Please take a look and apply if you are interested.

http://blogs.mccombs.utexas.edu/mba-ins ... ens-forum/
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 11:09
Anybody here got the mail from GIAC for transcript submission?
1 KUDOS received
Retired Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 24

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2011, 12:19
This post received
KUDOS
CoffeBeans wrote:

I got it a couple days after I submitted my application. After I uploaded my transcript it showed up under the "Done" heading on the My Status page.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 08:18
Does anyone know when McCombs will be pushing out their first interview invites? Has anyone received an invite yet?
Best of luck to all.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: University of Texas - Austin (McCombs) - Class of 2014

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 08:51
This post received
KUDOS
The Round 1 submission e-mail from the Admissions Office said that the applications will be audited and those with missing materials would be notified on 11-7. Given that the 7th is the completion of the first review, I would guess we would see something in the next week or two? But then again, this is all conjecture. Hopefully we'll get something before Thanksgiving, that's for sure.

Last edited by texasexpat on 07 Nov 2011, 06:43, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 6

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 09:23
backliteyes wrote:
CoffeBeans wrote:

I got it a couple days after I submitted my application. After I uploaded my transcript it showed up under the "Done" heading on the My Status page.

This application process is very confusing :(
So, uploading transcripts on mystatus portal is for GIAC. We dont have to upload them anywhere else. Pls correct me if I am wrong..
Retired Thread Master

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2011, 12:29
CoffeBeans wrote:
backliteyes wrote:
CoffeBeans wrote:

This application process is very confusing :(
So, uploading transcripts on mystatus portal is for GIAC. We dont have to upload them anywhere else. Pls correct me if I am wrong..

You upload transcripts within the application itself before you submit it. You wouldn't even have gotten as far as doing it for GIAC if you hadn't already done it in the application, though. After you do it for GIAC you're done as far as uploading transcripts goes.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 06:36
Well, first sign of movement this morning when I signed into GIAC (as I do each morning now, compulsively :lol: ):

"Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review."

Here we go...good luck y'all.
Stanford Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 27

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 09:40
texasexpat wrote:
Well, first sign of movement this morning when I signed into GIAC (as I do each morning now, compulsively :lol: ):

"Attention: Your file has been forwarded to the Graduate Committee for review."

Here we go...good luck y'all.

Did UT send you a GIAC login? I haven't received anything regarding Transcripts from UT after the payment process..

This is confusing indeed - why do we need to upload our transcripts twice in the first place? Didn't we submit them along with the application already? :shock:
Retired Thread Master

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 09:59
Prabhakar wrote:
Did UT send you a GIAC login? I haven't received anything regarding Transcripts from UT after the payment process..

After I submitted the application UT sent me an e-mail including a link to the GIAC myStatus page. You use your UT EID username/password (the same one you used for the application)

Prabhakar wrote:
This is confusing indeed - why do we need to upload our transcripts twice in the first place? Didn't we submit them along with the application already? :shock:

It looks like the McCombs online application is not integrated with the overall GIAC system that verifies transcripts, test scores and application fees for all graduate admissions. It would be nice if that was transparent to applicants and we only had to upload things once, but that's just how the process is.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 11:18
This post received
KUDOS
I received an e-mail soon after I first submitted my application with the instructions to upload to GIAC after payment of my fee.

Being the nervous wreck I was, I kept signing into GIAC, which presented me with the opportunity to upload, I believe, the day after I submitted my application fee.

I would sign into GIAC and check. For me it says "Complete" and that my file has been forwarded to the graduate committee for review. I called GIAC last week in regards to another question, they are very helpful. You should give them a shout if you have questions.
1 KUDOS received
Stanford Thread Master

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 27

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2011, 11:35
This post received
KUDOS
backliteyes wrote:
Prabhakar wrote:

After I submitted the application UT sent me an e-mail including a link to the GIAC myStatus page. You use your UT EID username/password (the same one you used for the application)

Prabhakar wrote:

It looks like the McCombs online application is not integrated with the overall GIAC system that verifies transcripts, test scores and application fees for all graduate admissions. It would be nice if that was transparent to applicants and we only had to upload things once, but that's just how the process is.

Ah, thanks buddy, got it! For those who're still lost, login from here using your EID:
https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/adm/mystatus/

And also, is anyone else waiting for their official score reports to be loaded into the GIAC panel? MBA.com states my scores have been reported to UT on October 18th itself...but GIAC says it has not received my scores yet. (I'll be calling up GIAC 2mrw to inquire on this..)
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [2] , given: 1

Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2011, 07:04
This post received
KUDOS
Update: it seems that they started to send interview invitations...
I've received an email saying "After an initial review of your application, you have been selected for an admissions interview." It looks like an interview invitation to me....
Re: McCombs 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 08 Nov 2011, 07:04