Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 00:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all the Harvard Gurus - Fall'08

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Posts: 550
Schools: MIT Sloan
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 14:53
ncprasad wrote:

Chances are, some of our apps may not even be read at this point.


I sincerely hope this is the case !!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 02 Jul 2007
Posts: 112
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 16:37
ugh, thanksgiving is going to suck this year.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 570
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 19:10
C'mon HBS, show GMATClub some love...

MGOBlue wrote:
saw this on s2s boards from a reapplicant:

20205.51 in reply to 20205.50

I submitted on 9/30, and still says "submitted". I am a rapplicant, and If I remember correctly, the status will change and say something similar to "under review" once the application enters the review process. We still have till late January to hear back from HBS, unlike Wharton, which is making me nervous with only 7 days left!


Is that true???????????????


I personally don't think this is true. Anyway, forcefeed collegesenior, could you please throw some light on this?
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Posts: 1360
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 20:19
ncprasad wrote:
Chances are, some of our apps may not even be read at this point.


I don't think that's the case. That would be inconsistent with the community values.

L.
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Posts: 1360
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 20:21
KingKREEP wrote:
C'mon HBS, show GMATClub some love...

MGOBlue wrote:
saw this on s2s boards from a reapplicant:

20205.51 in reply to 20205.50

I submitted on 9/30, and still says "submitted". I am a rapplicant, and If I remember correctly, the status will change and say something similar to "under review" once the application enters the review process. We still have till late January to hear back from HBS, unlike Wharton, which is making me nervous with only 7 days left!


Is that true???????????????


I personally don't think this is true. Anyway, forcefeed collegesenior, could you please throw some light on this?


If I remember correctly from last year, the stages for my app were: submitted --> your decision is ready. Everything in between (basically the interview) was e-mailed to me.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2006
Posts: 214
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 20:43
KingKREEP wrote:

I personally don't think this is true. Anyway, forcefeed collegesenior, could you please throw some light on this?


My application still says submitted, there has been no change since October 1st.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Posts: 192
Schools: MIT
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 21:05
forcefeed wrote:
KingKREEP wrote:

I personally don't think this is true. Anyway, forcefeed collegesenior, could you please throw some light on this?


My application still says submitted, there has been no change since October 1st.


Same here.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 65
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 21:48
would it say rejected once it gets rejected or that won't happen till deadline for decision?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Posts: 192
Schools: MIT
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 21:56
dextrous wrote:
would it say rejected once it gets rejected or that won't happen till deadline for decision?


My guess: Not till Jan 16 / deadline for decision
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 1560
Location: Ann Arbor
Schools: Ross '10
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 160 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 21:59
lepium, so why do you think Dee says this in her blog.

In the beginning of each round, all of our resources are deployed to reading applications. Once we begin the actual interviewing (interviews began on November 5) we cannot read at the same pace — hence the slowing down of the invitation rate.

Are you saying what she is saying is not true? or do you interpret this another way?


lepium wrote:
ncprasad wrote:
Chances are, some of our apps may not even be read at this point.


I don't think that's the case. That would be inconsistent with the community values.

L.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 65
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 22:03
collegesenior wrote:
dextrous wrote:
would it say rejected once it gets rejected or that won't happen till deadline for decision?


My guess: Not till Jan 16 / deadline for decision


that'd be too bad!

i'd rather know before to end the agony!
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Posts: 1360
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 22:06
ncprasad wrote:
lepium, so why do you think Dee says this in her blog.

In the beginning of each round, all of our resources are deployed to reading applications. Once we begin the actual interviewing (interviews began on November 5) we cannot read at the same pace — hence the slowing down of the invitation rate.

Are you saying what she is saying is not true? or do you interpret this another way?


lepium wrote:
ncprasad wrote:
Chances are, some of our apps may not even be read at this point.


I don't think that's the case. That would be inconsistent with the community values.

L.


I'm interpreting differently. They've read about 50% of apps (using invites as a proxy for apps read) within the first 37 days since submission (Oct-2 till Nov-8) and they'll read the balance 50% in the remaining 69 days (Nov-8 till Jan-16) till the deadline. That's the slowing down I think she's talking about.

L.
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124
Schools: Chicago Booth
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 22:06
dextrous wrote:
collegesenior wrote:
dextrous wrote:
would it say rejected once it gets rejected or that won't happen till deadline for decision?


My guess: Not till Jan 16 / deadline for decision


that'd be too bad!

i'd rather know before to end the agony!


No pain, no gain :twisted:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 65
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 22:10
lepium wrote:
ncprasad wrote:
lepium, so why do you think Dee says this in her blog.

In the beginning of each round, all of our resources are deployed to reading applications. Once we begin the actual interviewing (interviews began on November 5) we cannot read at the same pace — hence the slowing down of the invitation rate.

Are you saying what she is saying is not true? or do you interpret this another way?


lepium wrote:
ncprasad wrote:
Chances are, some of our apps may not even be read at this point.


I don't think that's the case. That would be inconsistent with the community values.

L.


I'm interpreting differently. They've read about 50% of apps (using invites as a proxy for apps read) within the first 37 days since submission (Oct-2 till Nov-8) and they'll read the balance 50% in the remaining 69 days (Nov-8 till Jan-16) till the deadline. That's the slowing down I think she's talking about.

L.

yes, that's what i gathered too
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 08 Nov 2006
Posts: 1560
Location: Ann Arbor
Schools: Ross '10
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 160 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 22:13
so, there is a 50% chance that an app hasn't even been read yet?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 65
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2007, 23:16
ncprasad wrote:
so, there is a 50% chance that an app hasn't even been read yet?


well, more or less i think.

but that's not really the right way to look at it...50% of invitations have been sent...but that 50% could come from 70% of the applications too or 30% of the applicatons (unless they more or less mathematically assure that each lot gets same # of invites)
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Posts: 1360
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 17:25
dextrous wrote:
ncprasad wrote:
so, there is a 50% chance that an app hasn't even been read yet?


well, more or less i think.

but that's not really the right way to look at it...50% of invitations have been sent...but that 50% could come from 70% of the applications too or 30% of the applicatons (unless they more or less mathematically assure that each lot gets same # of invites)


Well, if they are read in random order (as Dee stated), chances are the mean of the 1st sample (1st 50%) should be equal to the mean of the 2nd sample.

L.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 65
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 21:50
lepium wrote:
dextrous wrote:
ncprasad wrote:
so, there is a 50% chance that an app hasn't even been read yet?


well, more or less i think.

but that's not really the right way to look at it...50% of invitations have been sent...but that 50% could come from 70% of the applications too or 30% of the applicatons (unless they more or less mathematically assure that each lot gets same # of invites)


Well, if they are read in random order (as Dee stated), chances are the mean of the 1st sample (1st 50%) should be equal to the mean of the 2nd sample.

L.


given that i havent gotten an invite yet, im hoping theyre saving the best for the last :twisted:
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Posts: 570
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2007, 22:36
dextrous wrote:
given that i havent gotten an invite yet, im hoping theyre saving the best for the last :twisted:


Amen to that, brother. I feel your pain.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Posts: 192
Schools: MIT
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2007, 07:53
Round 1: Interview invites being released now
Interview Invite:
forcefeed
collegesenior

Submitted, Waiting:
ncprasad
kripal
aurobindo
saurabh357
jjanders
forcefeed
deepuaries
grad_mba
poochandi
  [#permalink] 09 Nov 2007, 07:53
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
19 Calling all the Harvard Gurus - Fall'08 grad_mba 582 02 Aug 2007, 21:36
Calling all Maths Gurus Vavali 1 30 Mar 2008, 05:06
Calling all BYU Fall '08 applicants kavet83 9 15 Aug 2007, 17:56
23 Calling all Kellogg Fall'08 applicants grad_mba 1984 26 Jul 2007, 15:15
MEMO: To All Those Applying To Begin Fall 08 johnnyx9 22 03 Apr 2007, 04:33
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all the Harvard Gurus - Fall'08

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  30    Next  [ 583 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.