Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 00:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Other (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 35

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 09:41
saurabhpankaj wrote:
I see most ppl r waitlisted without interview. What to make of it? Shouldn't the next logical step be to interview you guys? Did adcom say anything about possible interviews for such ppl? Can they really admit someone without interviewing???

I don't think anyone can be admitted without an interview.

TH

Give me +1 Kudos if my post helped!

"Follow your passion. Change the world."

Last edited by th03 on 03 Jan 2013, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 23

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2012, 12:01
BTW, I discovered some bad news for us. In GMAT Club's last year forum there was only 1 guy who was converted from WL to accept. That too of Round 2! Same was the case for Darden.

I think its better to seriously consider other alternatives rather than hoping to get a convert - highly unlikely!
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
WE: Other (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 35

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2012, 02:22
saurabhpankaj wrote:
BTW, I discovered some bad news for us. In GMAT Club's last year forum there was only 1 guy who was converted from WL to accept. That too of Round 2! Same was the case for Darden.

I think its better to seriously consider other alternatives rather than hoping to get a convert - highly unlikely!

I agree with the numbers you have stated. However, the scenario this time is quite different with Cornell. The delays caused by the new application review system may have forced the adcom to put more peope on the WL than what they would have ideally expected. So, my belief is that this time there will be a higher percentage of converts! ... at least I'm praying for this! :-D

TH

Give me +1 Kudos if my post helped!

"Follow your passion. Change the world."

Current Student
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2012, 12:00
Same here Indian candidate. wait listed without interview.. Not sure what are the odds but the chances look pretty slim to me.
Expert Post
Admissionado
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Followers: 44

Kudos [?]: 563 [0], given: 30

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 28 Dec 2012, 03:40
Expert's post
th03 wrote:
saurabhpankaj wrote:

I agree with the numbers you have stated. However, the scenario this time is quite different with Cornell. The delays caused by the new application review system may have forced the adcom to put more peope on the WL than what they would have ideally expected. So, my belief is that this time there will be a higher percentage of converts! ... at least I'm praying for this! :-D

Yep, I'd say better to take a wait and see pose at this point...

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado.com

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2013, 10:46
waitlisted w/o interview
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q V

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 26

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2013, 02:43
Some more R1 decisions went out recently. Did anyone have any movement on the waitlist?

Just smile and ways boys. Smile and wave.

Current Student
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 23

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2013, 03:06
RSri wrote:
Some more R1 decisions went out recently. Did anyone have any movement on the waitlist?

Unreasonable to expect a change in status for WL'ed ppl in the same round in which they are WL'ed. new decisions are for those ppl for whom adcom couldn't review their app completely in time.

From an adcom's perspective I think they will look at applicants quality in R2 from Indian candidates & then compare against WL'ed pool. Then tale a call accordingly.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2013, 03:18
Yes. That is true, unless people were waitlisted because the adcom didn't have enough time/resources to review properly.

Besides, its been a while since the R2 apps have been submitted. Indian R2 applicant (dreamchase) have started receiving interview calls which means adcom would have had a chance to look at the general pool if Indian applicants. Hence my question.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2013, 20:36
Yeah, waitlist movement will likely be happening when we start seeing R2 invites starting to file out.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: , International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
WE: Consulting (Other)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 10:00
krudget wrote:
th03 wrote:
In the document that we are supposed to send to our admission manager, there is a line which says:

_______Yes, I would like to remain on the waiting list.

Are we supposed to put a tick mark over the ____ part?

That's what I did. I just placed an "X" there and filled out the pertinent underlying information.

I would also concur with the sentiment that they may have waitlisted a few more than they'd wished due to the technical issues. I assume we'll see rolling invites, since that's what they said. So early January, when they are back from break, I expect some "WL" R1 candidates to be hopping in with the R2 candidates.

Did anyone received a confrimation email or any response after sending in the letter?
I have sent two emails to my application manager but no response.I was getting a bit worried.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 10:02
fv113 wrote:
Asking another recommender to send a letter and updating them on my new job. This is going to be a long wait...

Did you ask the additional recommender to send the letter directly to admission team by email?
It looks like I cannot add any additional recommenders on application so I was wodnering..
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.81
WE: Medicine and Health (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 11:13
yyyny wrote:
Did anyone received a confrimation email or any response after sending in the letter?
I have sent two emails to my application manager but no response.I was getting a bit worried.

I didn't receive a confirmation email. I figure it's in the system no worries. I cannot recall precisely what my app status said, but now it says "waitlisted" previously, it said "decision available" or something like that.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 10 Jan 2013, 22:03
krudget wrote:
yyyny wrote:

I didn't receive a confirmation email. I figure it's in the system no worries. I cannot recall precisely what my app status said, but now it says "waitlisted" previously, it said "decision available" or something like that.

I received a confirmation mail from my application manager when I sent the waitlist confirmation. The status for me too has changed to 'Waitlisted', although I didn't notice when.

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 10:08
RSri wrote:
krudget wrote:
yyyny wrote:

I received a confirmation mail from my application manager when I sent the waitlist confirmation. The status for me too has changed to 'Waitlisted', although I didn't notice when.

oh! Would you kindly share with me which geographic location you are applying from? maybe we have different application managers?
(Im so concerned about this.... prob more than I should!)
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 10:30
yyyny wrote:
oh! Would you kindly share with me which geographic location you are applying from? maybe we have different application managers?

I'm based in India and my application manager is Jenna. I found her to be quite proactive in all the communications so far. I'm sure your updates would have been received and updated in the file. How long has it been since you sent a response?

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2013, 10:50
RSri wrote:
yyyny wrote:

I'm based in India and my application manager is Jenna. I found her to be quite proactive in all the communications so far. I'm sure your updates would have been received and updated in the file. How long has it been since you sent a response?

ohh really? i sent in the letter just a couple of days ago so i shouldnt be worried.. yet!
also, i sent in an additional info two weeks ago but no response.. maybe she is busy..?
i have a different application manager since im applying from north america..
Current Student
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 08:01
Hi Guys

Has anyone seen any movement or interview invites recently? I guess two guys from India got interview invites recently. I have received two email from Johnson recently: one has steps outlining how to strengthen my application and the other from financial aid.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2013, 23:41
Even I received those 2 e-mails a few days back but I don't think there has been any movement on the waitlist yet. Can anyone confirm if they have received an update?

Current Student
GRE 1: 314 Q154 V160

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2013, 07:22
Hi, I was waitlisted in Round 1 without an interview. Was anyone here who was waitlisted, invited to interview in Round 2? If not, I hope that we have a chance of being interviewed in Round 3. Christine said that interview invitations will start being sent out on 2/11.

saurabhpankaj wrote:
RSri wrote:

Unreasonable to expect a change in status for WL'ed ppl in the same round in which they are WL'ed. new decisions are for those ppl for whom adcom couldn't review their app completely in time.

From an adcom's perspective I think they will look at applicants quality in R2 from Indian candidates & then compare against WL'ed pool. Then tale a call accordingly.
Re: Calling all the Johnson (Cornell) Waitlist 2013   [#permalink] 31 Jan 2013, 07:22