Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 04:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all the Stern (NYU) Waitlist 2013

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 May 2012
Posts: 130
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GMAT 2: 700 Q42 V42
GMAT 3: 760 Q48 V48
GPA: 3.51
WE: Marketing (Consulting)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 27

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all the Stern (NYU) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 21 Jun 2013, 06:08
CobraKai wrote:
aerien wrote:
It's like they read your mind.


Or read these boards...;)


Haha also very possible. I'm sure I have enough info up there for them to figure out who I am.

Anyway though I ended up passing on McDonough and will reapply to CBS, Kellogg, Stern, and McDonough and probably add 1-2 out of Booth, Fuqua and Yale. McDonough has a great vibe going on (I wrote a lengthy post on my welcome weekend experience on the McDonough thread), but I'm only 24 and think I might have a better shot at some of these top schools with another year of work experience under my belt.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Sep 2012
Posts: 26
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all the Stern (NYU) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 24 Jun 2013, 18:25
Any updates on WL? It looks like nobody got accepted from R3,right?
_________________

verbalNY

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2012
Posts: 40
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.53
WE: Marketing (Real Estate)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 27

Re: Calling all the Stern (NYU) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2013, 13:14
verbalny wrote:
Any updates on WL? It looks like nobody got accepted from R3,right?


I recently received an email from the admissions committee basically saying that their class is currently at capacity, but that a few spots might open up in late July or early August. So I think that it's going to be more of the same: waiting.
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 766
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Calling all the Stern (NYU) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 26 Jun 2013, 19:38
chains1910 wrote:

Anyway though I ended up passing on McDonough and will reapply to CBS, Kellogg, Stern, and McDonough and probably add 1-2 out of Booth, Fuqua and Yale. McDonough has a great vibe going on (I wrote a lengthy post on my welcome weekend experience on the McDonough thread), but I'm only 24 and think I might have a better shot at some of these top schools with another year of work experience under my belt.


Why bother re-applying to McDonough? You clearly didn't like them enough to matriculate this year, and If you're keeping them as a safety school, don't expect them to welcome you back with open arms. You'll be the rare re-applicant that was accepted. Instead of trying to show how you've become a stronger applicant, you'll have to explain why you snubbed them in favor of not going to B-school and applying again the following year.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1252
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 415 [0], given: 245

Premium Member
Re: Calling all the Stern (NYU) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2013, 01:49
Expert's post
CobraKai wrote:
chains1910 wrote:

Anyway though I ended up passing on McDonough and will reapply to CBS, Kellogg, Stern, and McDonough and probably add 1-2 out of Booth, Fuqua and Yale. McDonough has a great vibe going on (I wrote a lengthy post on my welcome weekend experience on the McDonough thread), but I'm only 24 and think I might have a better shot at some of these top schools with another year of work experience under my belt.


Why bother re-applying to McDonough? You clearly didn't like them enough to matriculate this year, and If you're keeping them as a safety school, don't expect them to welcome you back with open arms. You'll be the rare re-applicant that was accepted. Instead of trying to show how you've become a stronger applicant, you'll have to explain why you snubbed them in favor of not going to B-school and applying again the following year.


In a reapplicant status like that, yes you do have to explain why you didn't go and why now is the "better" time for you to attend. It's not as rare of an occurrence as you might think though. Adcom knows that things come up; you just have to convince them that you would go. Whether you actually attend after being accepted again is your choice though...
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
User avatar
Status: Too close for missiles, switching to guns.
Joined: 23 Oct 2012
Posts: 766
Location: United States
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 311 [0], given: 166

Premium Member
Re: Calling all the Stern (NYU) Waitlist 2013 [#permalink] New post 27 Jun 2013, 05:06
aerien wrote:
It's not as rare of an occurrence as you might think though. Adcom knows that things come up; you just have to convince them that you would go. Whether you actually attend after being accepted again is your choice though...


True - but when "something comes up" and the student is unable to attend that year, that's when a deferral is asked for. If a school doesn't grant deferrals, then game on.

But in this case, nothing is preventing the applicant from matriculating this year other than the desire to go to a higher ranked school. What's the saying? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me? I just think most Adcom's are savvy enough in this situation to ding and move on.
_________________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWvub_WBho

Re: Calling all the Stern (NYU) Waitlist 2013   [#permalink] 27 Jun 2013, 05:06
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
10 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all the Stern (NYU) Waitlist 2013 kenadams01 65 19 Feb 2013, 10:01
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Stern (NYU) 2013 - Calling All Applicants highwyre237 784 15 Jun 2012, 06:56
Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2012 Waitlisters!! Wolverinemba 3 26 Feb 2012, 22:36
14 Calling All NYU Stern Fall 2011 Waitlisters!! brainhurt 246 11 Jan 2011, 10:39
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all the Stern (NYU) Waitlist 2013

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 66 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.