Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:55 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Consulting, International Business
Schools:Harvard (No Interview), Cornell (Accepted), Duke (Accepted), Northwestern (Dinged)
 Q46  V45
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
No love from Tuck for me either. At this point I'm writing off Tuck and just movign on...it's been three weeks or so. Does anyone know if there is an unofficial release date for interviews (non applicant initiated)?
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
shmegs wrote:
No love from Tuck for me either. At this point I'm writing off Tuck and just movign on...it's been three weeks or so. Does anyone know if there is an unofficial release date for interviews (non applicant initiated)?

There is no deadline for school-initiated interview in Tuck, so keep your spirits high!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
[#permalink]
I've just submitted an additional recommendation from my favorite NGO.

I hope that helps.... if i don't get accepted, I'm going to write them a long and sad sob story about how they broke my heart. Maybe if I can move them to cry a little bit, they'll reconsider and give me an admit ... :P

man.. but it's time to move on... I'm with Ross and Chicago. Chicago's essays are 50% done. Application 50% done.. not sure how my recommenders are coming along.

I hope i don't have to apply to Chicago / Ross.. Tuck is my true love :cry:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Self Initiated Interview [#permalink]
Hey Folks,

I had my self initiated interview this week and wanted to share my experience. I interviewed with a 2nd year student and it was very relaxed. Essentially, I just walked her through my resume and then answered a few canned questions such as "tell me about a challenging work experience," and "tell me about a cross cultural experience."

Overall, it wasn't too bad of an experience and actually helped me develop a more informed perspective on Tuck.

let me know if y'all have any specific questions.

Thanks,

Jamie
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Re: Self Initiated Interview [#permalink]
JamieK wrote:
Hey Folks,

I had my self initiated interview this week and wanted to share my experience. I interviewed with a 2nd year student and it was very relaxed. Essentially, I just walked her through my resume and then answered a few canned questions such as "tell me about a challenging work experience," and "tell me about a cross cultural experience."

Overall, it wasn't too bad of an experience and actually helped me develop a more informed perspective on Tuck.

let me know if y'all have any specific questions.

Thanks,

Jamie

Glad to hear that ur interview went fine. How did you like Tuck/Hanover?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Trying to squeeze in my app for the 1st round deadline. Anybody else for R1...........
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Hanover [#permalink]
Hanover was amazing... It really is in the middle of nowhere, but I think that it would really foster the development of strong relationships with your classmates... And a lot of what I've heard from older MBAs is that the network they develop in school is the biggest thing they take away from school.

Def. glad that I went and checked it out. It'll help a lot with my application.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
[#permalink]
No love for me either from TUCK. Only change I see after three weeks is that my admission status stands completed as of 10th Oct but I was able to see it only today. Its time to move on and any ideas when does TUCK send out interview invites for international students who have not been able to visit TUCK
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
The constructive criticism essay is getting me. All the examples I come up with are terrible. They are either the "don't work so hard you make others look bad" or too old (college). I am sure there is something good just can't think of it. I have written half a dozen versions with different ideas and none just pop out.

This is worse than the MIT ones which were frustrating but at least my paths were pretty easy to figure out for those.
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V40
Send PM
[#permalink]
River,

Could you spin your "don't work so hard" into something broader? Perhaps time management, work / life balance, or maintaining relationships with coworkers? Just an idea... I'm kinda expanding my example into a broader context... Meaning that the criticism was specific but it forced me to reflect on a broader piece of my abilities.

Also, anyone out there know how tightly I should be concerned about the essay length recommendations? I know it's 500 words, is that really a recommendation or a requirement?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
They don't have a set requirements...they are much less strict about it from what I was told.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Tell me about it. The constructive criticism essay is killing me. I would prefer to have a failure/setback essay.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Anybody submitted the scholarship application. Does it have to be filled manually or can be submitted online?
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
tsaditya wrote:
Anybody submitted the scholarship application. Does it have to be filled manually or can be submitted online?

I did. It cannot be submitted online. You can either send a hardcopy by post, or fax it. I faxed.

But the deadline for scholarship app submission has already passed...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
tsaditya wrote:
Tell me about it. The constructive criticism essay is killing me. I would prefer to have a failure/setback essay.

I actually liked this essay, I used it to bifurcate one leadership example and show growth. As Helg said the deadline has passed, about three weeks ago if I recall. G'luck.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys the scholarship deadline for ED is gone by. The date for R1 is towards the end of November (I think its the 24th or 26th).

Round 1 applicants don't get nervous about scholarships they are still available. I think the people who applied during ED are confusing us as other ED applicants.
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper wrote:
Guys the scholarship deadline for ED is gone by. The date for R1 is towards the end of November (I think its the 24th or 26th).

Round 1 applicants don't get nervous about scholarships they are still available. I think the people who applied during ED are confusing us as other ED applicants.

Sorry, riverr, my bad. Previously on T website was only one date for scholarship app - 17 Oct. Now there are proper deadlines for every round: https://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admission ... index.html
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29