Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:35 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
 Q48  V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink]
OMG... I have no idea what I'm going to do to survive the wait after I complete my final app this week. Hmm, maybe it's time to get a social life again?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
In case somebody is interested:

I finished my alum interview on Dec 21st.

It was a great experience. The guy was already absolutely nice on the phone, picked me up at the station and we then talked at a cafe in a very casual environment.
The interview took almost 2h, but I am sure this is no indication for other interviews. He took the first 30mins alone to show me pictures of Tuck and his classmates as well as the professors. He also explained the campus to me and how people live. As I havent been to Tuck yet, I got a great impression of how life would be like there.

We then moved on to my past experience, but in general it was more of a conversation rather than an interview. After about 1h30min the official part was pretty much over and we spoke about what he did in his company etc.

All in all a great interview experience, showing that Tuck people are as friendly as they say. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Send PM
is 550 words for Tuck essay 1 ok?

I have 550 words and I don't know what to cut, everything flows very well I don't want to cut anything :(. About how many words do you guys have?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
JamieK wrote:
OMG... I have no idea what I'm going to do to survive the wait after I complete my final app this week. Hmm, maybe it's time to get a social life again?

It's a weird feeling. I finished my last app on Sunday and, although there was great relief, there was also a sense of vacancy. I went from writing my Masters thesis like crazy to studying for the GMAT like crazy to writing applications like crazy. Now really all there is left to do is wait. I guess you could study like crazy for the interview, but that would just be masochistic :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Darden2010 wrote:

I have 550 words and I don't know what to cut, everything flows very well I don't want to cut anything :(. About how many words do you guys have?

I know some people say that 10% over the word limit is okay, but personally I think it's important to be as close to it as possible. Nobody is going to count words, but experienced adcoms can get a pretty good idea just by eyeballing it. You should be able to re-write sentences without cutting any concepts or disturbing flow. Try removing redundant adjectives, looking for situations where you can use the possessive (ie "the effect of the conditions" vs "the condition's effect"), and flipping the order of clauses in sentences to save some words. It's a pain, but if you go through each sentence with this systematic approach, you'll be surprised at both the reduction in word count and the improvement in clarity.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
I hope you have a blog (mbahighway or something like that :)). Else I guess all Tuck Alums carry around pics of their school/professors to all their interviews! :)

branson wrote:
In case somebody is interested:

I finished my alum interview on Dec 21st.

It was a great experience. The guy was already absolutely nice on the phone, picked me up at the station and we then talked at a cafe in a very casual environment.
The interview took almost 2h, but I am sure this is no indication for other interviews. He took the first 30mins alone to show me pictures of Tuck and his classmates as well as the professors. He also explained the campus to me and how people live. As I havent been to Tuck yet, I got a great impression of how life would be like there.

We then moved on to my past experience, but in general it was more of a conversation rather than an interview. After about 1h30min the official part was pretty much over and we spoke about what he did in his company etc.

All in all a great interview experience, showing that Tuck people are as friendly as they say. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Submitted my Tuck Application.

R2 Roll Call
Todoornot - Submitted 01/08
Current Student
Send PM
dosa_don wrote:
I hope you have a blog (mbahighway or something like that :)). Else I guess all Tuck Alums carry around pics of their school/professors to all their interviews! :)

Caught me red-headed. ;)
Current Student
Send PM
dox wrote:
Darden2010 wrote:

I know some people say that 10% over the word limit is okay, but personally I think it's important to be as close to it as possible. Nobody is going to count words, but experienced adcoms can get a pretty good idea just by eyeballing it. You should be able to re-write sentences without cutting any concepts or disturbing flow. Try removing redundant adjectives, looking for situations where you can use the possessive (ie "the effect of the conditions" vs "the condition's effect"), and flipping the order of clauses in sentences to save some words. It's a pain, but if you go through each sentence with this systematic approach, you'll be surprised at both the reduction in word count and the improvement in clarity.

Word limits are a blessing. Start writing the way you want to, then cut down the BS. When you re-read your ramblings after a week, it's amazing how much you can just cut out if you want to make things sound more fluent. :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
toDoorNot wrote:
Submitted my Tuck Application.

R2 Roll Call

kirank - Submitted 01/05
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
kirank - Submitted 01/05
Darden2010 - Submitted 01/08
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 691 [0]
Send PM
kirank - Submitted 01/05
Darden2010 - Submitted 01/08
gregspirited - Submitted 01/09
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
this thread is so quiet . Tuck applicants wake up!
Around what time do you guys think we should start expecting interview invites for the January round?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Well i am done with my interview and i am R2..

Tuck has applicant initiated interview.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
yeah I know most interviews are applicant initiated, but I could not make it to campus :( and I am sure many other international applicants have not interviewed, and Tuck sends interview invites to these.... but I am just wondering when?!?!?!?! :?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
another dreamer about Tuck:

submitted - 01/09/2008
interviewed - 11/06/2007
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Except me, has everyone already interviewed at Tuck?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  29