Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 21:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 09:01
wizardofwashington wrote:
Does anyone know when the "Ding" notification will be sent to the applicant that is deemed "unfit" for Tuck? For Wharton it is Feb 21. I am curious to know if there is such a hard date for Tuck. I am yet to see anything of that kind and any inquiries to the Tuck AdCom seems to come back with a response that is so plain vanilla (I called it the Mother of All Boiler Plate Responses) that I completely dropped the idea of even calling them over the phone. This wait is a bit unnerving and annoying. But is there any other choice.. :lol:

Good luck to all those waiting for the Interview Invites and congratulations to all those who got it


i got an email this morning
but i applied through the consortium
it said 2/28
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 498
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 09:54
How would this 2/28 mail compare with a "not accepted"? Sorry for asking but it seems like if the "ding" emails go on 2/28 that people who dont receive one should expect an Admit mail on 3/21? Sort of strange? Or maybe there are 2 levels of "ding"?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 215
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 11:56
livingfossil wrote:
wizardofwashington wrote:
Does anyone know when the "Ding" notification will be sent to the applicant that is deemed "unfit" for Tuck? For Wharton it is Feb 21. I am curious to know if there is such a hard date for Tuck. I am yet to see anything of that kind and any inquiries to the Tuck AdCom seems to come back with a response that is so plain vanilla (I called it the Mother of All Boiler Plate Responses) that I completely dropped the idea of even calling them over the phone. This wait is a bit unnerving and annoying. But is there any other choice.. :lol:

Good luck to all those waiting for the Interview Invites and congratulations to all those who got it


i got an email this morning
but i applied through the consortium
it said 2/28


Thanks, Mate.. As Westsider indicated, I see this as two-levels of ding..the 2/28 dings are the ones we call" Denied without Interview" and the 3/21 will be the "Ding after Interview".
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 496
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2008, 13:04
so I am gyessinconsortium applicants get ding emails on the 2/28, but I don't think the rest of the applicants will get anything on 2/28... because this is the first time I have heard of an earlier notification date for Tucks
_________________

GO BLUE !!!

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 215
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2008, 08:26
Has anyone gotten a call for interview from Tuck in the past couple of weeks? With the March 21 notification date fast approaching, I am almost on the verge of giving up any hopes for an interview at this stage. Any lucky ones?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 120
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2008, 10:32
wizardofwashington wrote:
Has anyone gotten a call for interview from Tuck in the past couple of weeks? With the March 21 notification date fast approaching, I am almost on the verge of giving up any hopes for an interview at this stage. Any lucky ones?


Me waiting too !! and running low on patience and hope
Misery loves company :-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 324
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Feb 2008, 18:29
Has everyone here submitted their financial aid applications? With march 1st approaching, am kinda lost doing my FAFSA
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 215
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2008, 08:01
toDoorNot wrote:
Has everyone here submitted their financial aid applications? With march 1st approaching, am kinda lost doing my FAFSA


I am working on it, slowly and with less motivation..Should be able to make the deadline..
A
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2008, 08:56
eeeek the consortium notifies tomorrow
i guess since i have not heard from them for interview, it is a ding =~(
argh
i was looking forward to freezing in NH
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 498
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2008, 09:59
Think of the money you'll save not having to buy all that winterwear! =) Good luck on your other schools!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 496
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2008, 13:37
I was wondering ... how important do you think the interview is for Tuck? Should I still have hope left after a really bad interview experience? :?:
_________________

GO BLUE !!!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 498
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2008, 13:43
Based on, well, just my own personal guess - I would say that very few decisions are unchanged by the interview. They just do them to make sure that the applicant could conceivably match up with the application they saw.

The other 10% that overturns the decision they expect to make is when they find out that:
1) Your last name is Bush,Clinton, Medvevev,Putin, Koizumi, etc.
2) You let slip about that prison time for torturing puppies
3) Tell them about your time as president of the "Embezzlement Club" in college

You can guess which of these would help/hurt :twisted:

Again, this is base on the most reliable source of all - my wild guess.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 324
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2008, 18:00
wizardofwashington wrote:
toDoorNot wrote:
Has everyone here submitted their financial aid applications? With march 1st approaching, am kinda lost doing my FAFSA


I am working on it, slowly and with less motivation..Should be able to make the deadline..
A


I havent done my taxes yet.. and i dont have last year's tax returns doc (my accountant took care of it).. i dont knw wht to do..

I think i will have to call up and ask if i can submit my W2...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 324
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2008, 13:18
I talked to the adcom and was told that it is more important to get in the scholarship app by the deadline. The financial aid app is more flexible.
SVP
SVP
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2007
Posts: 1502
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 22

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2008, 13:36
If you think you may qualify for Perkins or subsidized Stafford loans, you're jeopardizing your chances to participate in these loan programs by not submitting the FAFSA as soon as possible.

toDoorNot wrote:
I talked to the adcom and was told that it is more important to get in the scholarship app by the deadline. The financial aid app is more flexible.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2008, 14:07
for anyone curious...

i just got waitlisted at Tuck (applied through consortium)

i did not visit the school and the school had sent out a letter 3 weeks prior encouraging me to visit *doh*

*curse* i think i'm going to try to visit and convince them to take me :-D
or perhaps, if i see its not a great fit...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 May 2007
Posts: 120
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2008, 14:19
livingfossil wrote:
for anyone curious...

i did not visit the school and the school had sent out a letter 3 weeks prior encouraging me to visit *doh*

*curse* i think i'm going to try to visit and convince them to take me :-D
or perhaps, if i see its not a great fit...


Am curious about your reluctance to visit.
Even I havent visited and dont see the point unless its an interview call :-D
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2008, 14:21
parsifal wrote:
livingfossil wrote:
for anyone curious...

i did not visit the school and the school had sent out a letter 3 weeks prior encouraging me to visit *doh*

*curse* i think i'm going to try to visit and convince them to take me :-D
or perhaps, if i see its not a great fit...


Am curious about your reluctance to visit.
Even I havent visited and dont see the point unless its an interview call :-D


honestly... i had the flu... twice in dec and in jan
i'm a californian and its damned cold in nh
needless to say, i'm getting my flu shot next year :roll:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 496
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2008, 15:03
toDoorNot wrote:
I talked to the adcom and was told that it is more important to get in the scholarship app by the deadline. The financial aid app is more flexible.


What do you mean 'scholarship app' AND 'financial aid app'?!?!?! aren't they both the same? hmm I just faxed my:
-Application for scholarship (2 page form)
- Brief Bio
- Statement from employer about earnings (since we don't do tax returns in my country)

since I am international applicant, is this all I need to submit or is there more?

guys please help!!!! the deadline is tomorrow

P.S. I am counting on getting a loan from Tuck
_________________

GO BLUE !!!

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2007
Posts: 324
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2008, 15:18
@ http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/admission ... tions.html

Scholarship app
•Application for Tuck School of Business Scholarships

Financial Aid App
International Application for Tuck School of Business Financial Aid

I offered to send my W2, but they said they need that only by the admit weekend (inside info)

I am an international student and i think i have to submit those 2 applications. I dont qualify for FAFSA.
Re: Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2008, 15:18
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
4 Calling all Tepper applicants for 2008 gmatclb 186 11 Sep 2007, 14:28
14 Calling all Wharton 2008 applicants rrajiv 1264 09 Aug 2007, 19:06
Calling all Duke 2008 applicants... lanter1 440 08 Aug 2007, 08:30
1 Calling all Yale 2008 applicants jsnooky33 392 03 Aug 2007, 20:58
2 Calling all Cornell 2008 applicants jsnooky33 855 03 Aug 2007, 17:59
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all TUCK 2008 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  29    Next  [ 564 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.