Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:34 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Ibanking
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 291 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Send PM
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink]
As I have already mentioned, I was the first interview of this application season. I also submitted my amazingly-super-awesome application about 2 weeks before the EA deadline. Can I expect to hear from them before their stated December 19th notification date? Do they ever notify people early?

Im so impatient.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
raabenb wrote:
As I have already mentioned, I was the first interview of this application season. I also submitted my amazingly-super-awesome application about 2 weeks before the EA deadline. Can I expect to hear from them before their stated December 19th notification date? Do they ever notify people early?

Im so impatient.

I thought I saw a few people getting notified in early December last year for the EA round?
Current Student
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Oh cool! I was not on GMAT Club back then, so I wouldnt know. At that time I was honeymooning at a resort in Mauritius. BALLING 8-)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
One thing worries me greatly about Tuck - with the current economic climate, I feel that a lot of business school students are going to be looking at boutique firms/smaller companies/outside of the box options, etc. I think that on-campus hiring with the usual suspects will slow down quite a bit.

It is significantly more difficult to network with these kinds of organizations when you are sitting in Hanover.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Accounting/Finance
Schools:Simon '11
 Q48  V47
Send PM
When I was looking for interview slots a few weeks back they were completely filled up. I was lucky enough to get off a waiting list for one. (Even the option to sign up for the waiting list was gone in the last few days) There were a ton of people at Tuck so apparently not everyone is concerned about being in Hanover for 2 years. The same thing was mentioned when I visited Cornell. (The number of people at the info session) The competition this year just seems like it's gonna be nuts no matter where you are. =[

I thought that I read on last year's thread that Tuck didn't release decisions earlier than the deadline. Hopefully those people are wrong. I'm submitting tomorrow so it would be nice to hear early either way.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
During my visit AdCom specifically stated that they will NOT be releasing ANY decisions before the deadline. In years past they have, but they decided it is unfair to some so they are releasing it all on December 19th this year.

~Sam
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Just came back from campus visit.

Amy Mitson said not much difference in terms of chances between the admission rounds. She did specifically say "avoid the last round at all cost"
Current Student
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
acwong wrote:

Amy Mitson said not much difference in terms of chances between the admission rounds. She did specifically say "avoid the last round at all cost"

That makes me laugh. Two different adcoms and two different opinions. I have a feeling that a good part of the decision making process is a mystery even to those making the decisions.

RF
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
acwong wrote:

Amy Mitson said not much difference in terms of chances between the admission rounds.

If you can salvage the last year's Tuck thread at BW forum, you will be up for some nice surprise
Current Student
Send PM
filmcity wrote:
acwong wrote:

Amy Mitson said not much difference in terms of chances between the admission rounds.

If you can salvage the last year's Tuck thread at BW forum, you will be up for some nice surprise

I've read that last year's gmatclubbers saw the same trend, more accepts in R1 than R2. However, I would guess that the people submitting R1 may have been a lot better prepared and submitted better apps.

RF
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Ibanking
Schools:Chicago Booth '11
Send PM
Any GMATclubbers in Hanover tomorrow (10/09)? Any Tuck students going to be around? I'll be there all day. If you're available/around, PM me and we'll meet up.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
I had my interview on Monday and it went great. Same questions as everyone else - walk me through your resume, why mba, why tuck, teamwork. No curveballs, nothing unexpected, very straightforward. Loved Tuck and Hanover. No great insights on admissions, except that there was a massive number of prospectives there. I also got the chance to talk with many of the prospectives and they were definitely the Tuck type. Everyone was sociable, friendly, etc. All the prospectives were basically friends by the end of the day. haha. Very different than some of the more cutthroat city schools I've visited where the applicants all seem to be competing with eachother and not friendly towards eachother. At Tuck, if you interviewed first you gave tips and pointers to the applicants that hadn't interviewed yet!
Current Student
Send PM
IHateTheGMAT wrote:
Everyone was sociable, friendly, etc. All the prospectives were basically friends by the end of the day. haha.

I noticed the exact same thing when visited last spring!

RF
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking or Investment Management
Send PM
Are we suppose to include college jobs/internships in the employment section or just post-college full time work?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 193 [0]
Concentration: Consulting, Marketing
Schools:Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
 Q49  V38
Send PM
My Tuck interview is on Oct 13th. In the email confirmation that I received, I was asked to RSVP by 9th Oct. So yesterday, I sent an email to Admission Committee, in which I included my Resume and confirmed my visit. To this RSVP email, I got an automated email from Mailer-Demon @Tuck. It was a standard non personal email.

Now I am wondering whether anyone really checked my email from admission committee. I was expecting that I will get an email mentioning my interviewer name. Did you guys, who interviewed, have the same experience ? Do you think I should call the Admissions office and confirm my visit ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools:Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Send PM
rgajare14 wrote:
My Tuck interview is on Oct 13th. In the email confirmation that I received, I was asked to RSVP by 9th Oct. So yesterday, I sent an email to Admission Committee, in which I included my Resume and confirmed my visit. To this RSVP email, I got an automated email from Mailer-Demon @Tuck. It was a standard non personal email.

Now I am wondering whether anyone really checked my email from admission committee. I was expecting that I will get an email mentioning my interviewer name. Did you guys, who interviewed, have the same experience ? Do you think I should call the Admissions office and confirm my visit ?

I don't think they will send you an email with the interviewer's name. But once i sent the resume , I got an email mentioning that they received my resume. If you got a similar note then don't worry about it.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Concentration: Consulting
 Q49  V42
Send PM
I sent in my resume, but did NOT receive an email besides the standard auto-reply. Nonetheless, they did have the resume for my interview. Also, when you arrive, you will receive a folder with all the Tuck info and the name of your interviewer.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  37