Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 11:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Posts: 101
Schools: Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2008, 07:23
ac8706 wrote:
yup i did mention the courses - I spoke with their admissions office, they said that it was better to list the courses than leave room for doubt...
I haven't registered for these courses yet but do know that if I am admitted, I plan to take them.

prospect wrote:
ac8706 wrote:
app submitted!!

yay!!

ac.



awesome! I am almost there, should be done tomorrow. BTW what did you do about the course part? Did you mention the courses you plan to take? Have you actually registered for these courses or will do so later.

Thanks!



Thanks ac.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 299
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2008, 10:06
I'm planning to submit tonight, and I just realized that you have to submit the scholarship application by 10/22! Most schools consider all admits without a seperate application right? I'm glad I saw that today...
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 01 Aug 2007
Posts: 157
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2008, 10:16
Yesterday I visited Tuck

There were almost 40 people (or more than that) visiting!
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 624
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2008, 10:17
Did everyone include only their full time post-college work experience on the app or did you include internships and part time jobs while in college (some schools ask for this)
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2008, 10:23
IHateTheGMAT wrote:
Did everyone include only their full time post-college work experience on the app or did you include internships and part time jobs while in college (some schools ask for this)


I had only the full time work. But my resume includes the important college experiences so I figured I was covered...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 347
Location: Greater New York City area
Schools: Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2008, 12:28
Finished my interview yesterday at Tuck. There were roughly around 40 people visiting. It was a big crowd, maybe because it was Monday and people want to club it along with the weekend. As people who had already interviewed had described, interview was more like a conversation. Met filmcity. Buddy, sorry later I lost you in the crowd.

Now back to the app, planning to submit it tomorrow. Is there a separate app for scholarships ?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Posts: 624
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2008, 13:41
ac8706 wrote:
IHateTheGMAT wrote:
Did everyone include only their full time post-college work experience on the app or did you include internships and part time jobs while in college (some schools ask for this)


I had only the full time work. But my resume includes the important college experiences so I figured I was covered...


Thanks ac.

FYI, I called admissions and they said yes, include the internships. Ac, you should be fine since you have that info on your resume but I just wanted to give a heads up to others. I was a bit surprised by it. Will need to add my internships tonight.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 347
Location: Greater New York City area
Schools: Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2008, 15:04
Tuck website says ,

Applications are due by 5:00 PM EST
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 347
Location: Greater New York City area
Schools: Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2008, 16:27
Yahoo !!! Submitted my app finally..

Tuck is my top school and it's essays were the first I took up. Kind of feels sad that I will not work on them anymore :) :) I am sure kidding.

Glad I submitted. Two down - Tuck and Ross. 5 more to go
SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2008, 06:21
So mini-crisis averted! I just looked at the transcript I submitted with my app earlier this week - I miscalculated one of the semester GPAs. Called Tuck, they were super nice and let me resend a new document! they even emailed me to tell me they reprinted the new transcript and added it in to my file!
they really are very friendly :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 02 Aug 2007
Posts: 347
Location: Greater New York City area
Schools: Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2008, 12:10
ac8706 wrote:
So mini-crisis averted! I just looked at the transcript I submitted with my app earlier this week - I miscalculated one of the semester GPAs. Called Tuck, they were super nice and let me resend a new document! they even emailed me to tell me they reprinted the new transcript and added it in to my file!
they really are very friendly :)

Nice !
Current Student
Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Posts: 101
Schools: Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2008, 13:11
I submitted mine last night it was crazy... kept checking my form a 100 times and then finally hit submit at 2:30 am!
Now on to the next one.......:(
Current Student
Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Posts: 101
Schools: Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2008, 16:20
Is anyone submitting the scholarship essay?

Please write a short biographical essay, no longer than 500 words, telling us about
yourself. Noteworthy topics may include:
• Undergraduate degree and honors or awards
• Extracurricular activities (volunteer, leadership, sports, etc.)
• Work experience

Was wondering if we could reuse the essay material here.
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 1323
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2008, 17:13
Looking for input on Essay #3 "most difficult criticism or feedback".

Would it be unwise to use feedback that I received when I failed to carry out a task I was responsible for?

It's not a failure essay, so I'm weary of using that example. However, my story is about a time when I failed to take care of something but was able to remedy it in time so that there were no consequences. My supervisor then gave me feedback which I acted on.

Good idea or not?

RF
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 185
Location: Buffalo, NY
Schools: Simon '11
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2008, 17:22
prospect wrote:
Is anyone submitting the scholarship essay?

Please write a short biographical essay, no longer than 500 words, telling us about
yourself. Noteworthy topics may include:
• Undergraduate degree and honors or awards
• Extracurricular activities (volunteer, leadership, sports, etc.)
• Work experience

Was wondering if we could reuse the essay material here.


I'm currently working on that essay. I'm just giving a bird's eye view of my life including a little bit of everything they ask for without going into a ton of detail on any specific thing. I'm sure that a little bit of stuff is recycled from my other essays, just not discussed in as great detail. For instance, I glance over the job that I held where I received the criticism that I discussed in essay 3 and how it led me to the next phase of my life. I'm having a pretty hard time with it because there's so much to say and I don't know what they want to hear since the question is purposefully vague so I'm just cramming in as much as possible into 500 words. Hopefully it won't look like word vomit all over the page when I'm done with it.

But we'll see what happens over the next week or so and how it develops.
Current Student
Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Posts: 101
Schools: Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2008, 17:24
refurb wrote:
Looking for input on Essay #3 "most difficult criticism or feedback".

Would it be unwise to use feedback that I received when I failed to carry out a task I was responsible for?

It's not a failure essay, so I'm weary of using that example. However, my story is about a time when I failed to take care of something but was able to remedy it in time so that there were no consequences. My supervisor then gave me feedback which I acted on.

Good idea or not?

RF


I think its totally OK to describe a failure incident as long as the focus is on the feedback you received. How did you react to it? How has the feedback helped you in your career/life since then?
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 1323
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Oct 2008, 17:26
prospect wrote:
I think its totally OK to describe a failure incident as long as the focus is on the feedback you received. How did you react to it? How has the feedback helped you in your career/life since then?


Cool! Thanks Prospect!

RF
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 2775
Location: New York City
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 171 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2008, 02:21
please click the "Tuck MBA in 2012" :-D

http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/news/vide ... chool.html
_________________

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson

SVP
SVP
User avatar
Joined: 04 Dec 2007
Posts: 1689
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2008, 05:28
I tried something similar to that as well. It's just really long - 800+ words. I'm going to give it another look this weekend when I'm less tired. Maybe something will gel then...

cereal255 wrote:
prospect wrote:
Is anyone submitting the scholarship essay?

Please write a short biographical essay, no longer than 500 words, telling us about
yourself. Noteworthy topics may include:
• Undergraduate degree and honors or awards
• Extracurricular activities (volunteer, leadership, sports, etc.)
• Work experience

Was wondering if we could reuse the essay material here.


I'm currently working on that essay. I'm just giving a bird's eye view of my life including a little bit of everything they ask for without going into a ton of detail on any specific thing. I'm sure that a little bit of stuff is recycled from my other essays, just not discussed in as great detail. For instance, I glance over the job that I held where I received the criticism that I discussed in essay 3 and how it led me to the next phase of my life. I'm having a pretty hard time with it because there's so much to say and I don't know what they want to hear since the question is purposefully vague so I'm just cramming in as much as possible into 500 words. Hopefully it won't look like word vomit all over the page when I'm done with it.

But we'll see what happens over the next week or so and how it develops.
Current Student
Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Posts: 101
Schools: Duke, UCLA, Cornell, Ross,Tuck, Haas
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2008, 06:52
ac8706 wrote:
I tried something similar to that as well. It's just really long - 800+ words. I'm going to give it another look this weekend when I'm less tired. Maybe something will gel then...

cereal255 wrote:
prospect wrote:
Is anyone submitting the scholarship essay?

Please write a short biographical essay, no longer than 500 words, telling us about
yourself. Noteworthy topics may include:
• Undergraduate degree and honors or awards
• Extracurricular activities (volunteer, leadership, sports, etc.)
• Work experience

Was wondering if we could reuse the essay material here.


I'm currently working on that essay. I'm just giving a bird's eye view of my life including a little bit of everything they ask for without going into a ton of detail on any specific thing. I'm sure that a little bit of stuff is recycled from my other essays, just not discussed in as great detail. For instance, I glance over the job that I held where I received the criticism that I discussed in essay 3 and how it led me to the next phase of my life. I'm having a pretty hard time with it because there's so much to say and I don't know what they want to hear since the question is purposefully vague so I'm just cramming in as much as possible into 500 words. Hopefully it won't look like word vomit all over the page when I'm done with it.

But we'll see what happens over the next week or so and how it develops.


Thanks guys! Painful writing one more essay...
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 16 Oct 2008, 06:52
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 53 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all HBS Fall 2009 Applicants devansh_god 722 04 May 2008, 06:22
Popular new posts 21 Calling all MIT Fall 2009 applicants! isa 530 19 May 2008, 20:10
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 34 Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2009 Applicants agold 632 12 Jun 2008, 10:18
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 80 Calling all Duke (Fuqua) Fall 2009 applicants! isa 989 10 Jul 2008, 19:05
Popular new posts 104 Calling all Kellogg Fall 2009 Applicants! MGOBLUE2 2298 11 Jul 2008, 12:07
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17  ...  37    Next  [ 738 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.