Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 08:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 12:24
refurb wrote:
terp06 wrote:
My interviewer also spent a fair amount of time drilling into my extracurricular involvements and leadership stories - this seemed quite important to them.

That's really weird. I was expecting that, but I got zero questions about ECs! I put a couple on my resume that are kind of unique, so I thought I'd at least get a question out of curiosity.

RF

I devoted very few lines to ECs and probably came off as someone who was not very involved. Hopefully he was pleasantly surprised with the few that I did mention - otherwise, who knows.

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 13:43
terp06 wrote:
refurb wrote:
terp06 wrote:
My interviewer also spent a fair amount of time drilling into my extracurricular involvements and leadership stories - this seemed quite important to them.

That's really weird. I was expecting that, but I got zero questions about ECs! I put a couple on my resume that are kind of unique, so I thought I'd at least get a question out of curiosity.

RF

I devoted very few lines to ECs and probably came off as someone who was not very involved. Hopefully he was pleasantly surprised with the few that I did mention - otherwise, who knows.

Well, ECs are a big weakness in my app. I listed two ECs I am involved with, but it was just volunteering, no leadership what so ever.

I've heard that Tuck is really big on ECs.....

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
WE 1: Investment Management
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2008, 14:39
Terp - Who interviewed you? I had a similar experience as yours.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2008, 07:55
Just received an interview call from Tuck. Haven't interviewed with them before. Thinking of going to Hanover.

Profile:

Male/Indian/730/32 years

Engineer cum Entrepreneur: Undergraduate IIT(Indian Institute of Technology). Graduated First division with honors
Work ex: 8 years/IT(5 years in US..all startup silicon valley experience) Programmer/Sales/Manager
Founded Codearmory.com.
Lots of very good extracurriculars.(journalism, technology column editors, CRY, Democracy Connect etc etc).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2008, 08:13
wooster123 wrote:
Just received an interview call from Tuck. Haven't interviewed with them before. Thinking of going to Hanover.

Profile:

Male/Indian/730/32 years

Engineer cum Entrepreneur: Undergraduate IIT(Indian Institute of Technology). Graduated First division with honors
Work ex: 8 years/IT(5 years in US..all startup silicon valley experience) Programmer/Sales/Manager
Founded Codearmory.com.
Lots of very good extracurriculars.(journalism, technology column editors, CRY, Democracy Connect etc etc).

Great. Wish you all the best !
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2008, 10:38
Anyone knows any Tuck alum? Can someone send me his/her email address?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
Schools: Haas '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.6
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2008, 11:06
wooster123 wrote:

wooster, i'd recommend checking out their student clubs online and contacting current students of those you are interested in...that is, unless you are specifically seeking an alum :)
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2008, 11:59
TL wrote:
wooster123 wrote:

wooster, i'd recommend checking out their student clubs online and contacting current students of those you are interested in...that is, unless you are specifically seeking an alum :)

Thanks..Yes I have already done that and trying my luck to find some alum :-)
Current Student
Schools: HBS Stanford Kellogg Wharton Tuck MIT Sloan

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2008, 04:25
Hey all,

I am very recent convert to Tuck. Outside the US, Tuck seems to have a near zero brand. I went to the US recently and everyone and their uncle talked about Tuck whenever I said I am interested in General Management. I am married and dont mind the rural life. The alumni I spoke to all spoke of a great experience.

I am now very ambitiously going to attempt a november round application. Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to schedule a campus visit/ interview. (am an international - and the costs of going back there would be tremendous).. get the sinking feeling it is going to cost me dearly !
Manager
Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
WE 1: Investment Management

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2008, 09:46
ashaker - I am not sure that not visiting campus will go against you. You are an international student and adcom doesn't expect international students to come to campus. Just don't mention that you were in the U.S. and you'll be fine.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2008, 12:57
wooster123 wrote:

Profile:

Male/Indian/730/32 years

Founded Codearmory.com.

Hi !

Is this an adcom initiated interview? And are u based out of US or India ? Any idea till when can we expect to get adcom initiated interviews for int'l candidates(those not based in US)?

Thanks
SVP
SVP

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2008, 19:28
http://www.tuck.dartmouth.edu/faculty/index.html

I have to say, the faculty and academic curriculum at Tuck is really impressive. The focus on private equity is very difficult to find among schools in the Elite tier.

I'm getting excited about writing my essays again :) I'll suck up 2 years of bad weather for an intellectually stimulating environment.

Current Student
Schools: HBS Stanford Kellogg Wharton Tuck MIT Sloan

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2008, 03:02
levfin- thanks.

terp 06 - aside..ari goldberg is the man. incidentally - isnt his secretary an MBA ?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2008, 06:48
tanksingh wrote:
wooster123 wrote:

Profile:

Male/Indian/730/32 years

Founded Codearmory.com.

Hi !

Is this an adcom initiated interview? And are u based out of US or India ? Any idea till when can we expect to get adcom initiated interviews for int'l candidates(those not based in US)?

Thanks

Yes, this is an adcom initiated interview. I am based out of US. But I will be taking the interview call on phone because I have to take 3 days
leave to go to Hanover and come back. That is tantamount to loosing my job in my manager's terms in this financial turmoil :-)
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2008, 08:58
ashaker wrote:
levfin- thanks.

terp 06 - aside..ari goldberg is the man. incidentally - isnt his secretary an MBA ?

I think Ari himself holds a JD/MBA from Michigan (Season 1).

Terp, weather keeps surprising me as being absolutely beautiful. Although getting chilly now. But we re getting season passes for a few resorts around here (Killington, Sugarbush) and for us students they are $330 for the entire season. Not a bad deal.
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2008, 09:58
Yep, Harvard undergrad and JD/MBA from Michigan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ari_Gold_(Entourage)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2008, 08:58
hey guys, this question might have been answered already, but does Tuck release decisions before the deadline (on a rolling basis)?
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2008, 10:38
No. Usually a day advance
SVP
SVP

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2008, 14:21
I'm really struggling with question #2. Anyone care to provide pointers?

SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 31

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2008, 15:14
terp06 wrote:
I'm really struggling with question #2. Anyone care to provide pointers?

that's the leadership one right? I basically identified a key leadership example I had from work, then went into what skills I used, what skills I still need to develop....I remember from a chat that someone on the forum was using a couple of examples and then tying them together...

hope that helps!

ac.
Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 02 Nov 2008, 15:14