Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 14:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
SVP
SVP
Schools: NYU Stern '11
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 205 [0], given: 22

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 11:27
haha...I got the same e-mail today from BU but apparently my e-mail reads "...a Dean's Prize Scholarship – valued up to $35,000 per year." I guess it's +/- $5k - $15k based on a bunch of factors.
SVP
SVP
Schools: Hard Knocks
Followers: 30

Kudos [?]: 440 [0], given: 32

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 11:28
The only difference between 710 and 720 is a sneeze (minimal and nothing really applicable to the test).

If they figured in GPA to this, they wouldn't have sent me the email. I have a 3.06 from UG.

See ya in Boston next year Terp! lol, just kdding.

SOLARIS - so GMAT is making a difference. Terp06 and i have 710-720 and you're is 740. I love it that we figure them out! BU - "Throw money at them and we'll get great candidates." Actually should work for them somewhat.

terp06 wrote:
Same.

Congratulations! Through the Graduate Management Admission Search Service (GMASS), you have been identified as a preferred candidate for Boston University’s management programs. For the 2008 entering class, more than 75% of students with a similar GMAT score were admitted and received a Dean's Prize Scholarship – valued up to $30,000 per year.

That's wierd. You have a higher GMAT score than I do jallenmorris. They must be figuring GPA into this as well.

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 12:04
I just signed up for a Monday Oct 6 interview. Anybody else sign up?
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 12:38
I got the same email from BU...it ended up in my spam folder. Anyone else use Yahoo mail and have the same result?
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 16:08
I'm in for the EA round.
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 16:19
Regarding travel, I'm thinking that flying into Logan (Boston) is the best option. It seems like the Dartmouth Coach is pretty reliable and runs from morning to evening. Also, the Hanover Inn seems like a good option for staying the night before the interview/visit since the Dartmouth Coach drops you off there. Also, a car shouldn't be required if staying there, correct? Does anyone have experience with either of these options?
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 17:52
IHateTheGMAT wrote:
Is the new Tuck application up?

Yup.

RF

VP
VP

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 17:54
IHateTheGMAT wrote:
I just signed up for a Monday Oct 6 interview. Anybody else sign up?

I'm in for Oct 22nd.

RF

SVP
SVP

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 18:02
Are these on-campus interviews or telephone interview?

J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 31

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 19:30
Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard or Residence Inn in Hanover? They appear to be about 3mi from campus and have a shuttle to/from campus...
cheers,
ac.

maverick2011 wrote:
Regarding travel, I'm thinking that flying into Logan (Boston) is the best option. It seems like the Dartmouth Coach is pretty reliable and runs from morning to evening. Also, the Hanover Inn seems like a good option for staying the night before the interview/visit since the Dartmouth Coach drops you off there. Also, a car shouldn't be required if staying there, correct? Does anyone have experience with either of these options?
SVP
SVP
Schools: Chicago (dinged), Tuck (November), Columbia (RD)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 19:38
For the true Dartmouth/Hanover experience, I would highly recommend staying at the Hanover Inn on the Dartmouth green - especially if you're going to be getting there during the day time and you will have a chance to enjoy it and take in the scenery.

If you are going to be getting there late at night and just using it a crash pad - then yeah, go for the Courtyard or Residence Inn. I've never stayed at either but I'm sure they're fine.

ac8706 wrote:
Has anyone stayed at the Courtyard or Residence Inn in Hanover? They appear to be about 3mi from campus and have a shuttle to/from campus...
cheers,
ac.

maverick2011 wrote:

Check out the new Career Forum
http://gmatclub.com/forum/133

VP
VP

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2008, 04:06
jallenmorris wrote:
Are these on-campus interviews or telephone interview?

On campus.

RF

SVP
SVP

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2008, 05:03
I know everyone says on-campus is the best to do, what if i just can't make it on-campus?

J Allen Morris

SVP
SVP

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2008, 06:00
jallenmorris wrote:
I know everyone says on-campus is the best to do, what if i just can't make it on-campus?

You better have a really, really good reason for not making it on-campus. The only people that they are cutting some slack are international applicants. I live on the West Coast and they told me that they fully expect me to come on-campus to interview. It's for them to gauge fit with the school, as well as for you to gauge fit with the school and figure out whether its right for you. Tuck is different from other schools - they don't offer alumni interviews to domestic candidates unless Tuck invites you to participate in one (I am thinking that they only invite a small handful of students every year). However, everyone is allowed to have an applicant-initiated interview on-campus and this is what almost everyone does.

Give their admissions office a call if you'd like more details or if you need to discuss your specific situation.

SVP
SVP

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2008, 06:34
My reason is that I can't afford it. I guess that will mean I should just take Tuck off the list then.

J Allen Morris

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 701 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2008, 06:42
Tuck definitely values visits and on campus interviews, and for a good reason...I think a lot of people love the rep and the idea of tuck. However, when they actually make it to Hanover they may have second doubts. Its a great school but the location definitely isnt for everyone. Even if you love the Tuck community, Hanover can really be a deal breaker...especially if you are married or bringing a gf/bf/fiance. I think more than any school in a big city (or within commutable distance) at a place like Tuck you really need your significant other (if you have one) to determine the possibility for a job that will further their career.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

SVP
SVP

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2008, 06:52
jallenmorris wrote:
My reason is that I can't afford it. I guess that will mean I should just take Tuck off the list then.

If you like the school, I would call the admissions office and see if they can make arrangements for you.

SVP
SVP

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2008, 07:05
My wife is a work-at-home mom and runs her business online. She can desgin and make clothes from anywhere so location for her doesn't matter. It's not like she needs to go get a job in the community. We're both used to smaller town life.

right now I'm paying back law school loans, hospital bills for the birth of my son, and 2 trips to the ER in July for my daughter. I've actually taken 2 schools off my list I've had to use money for these extras that I was planning on using for app fees. It sucks, but that's life.

riverripper wrote:
Tuck definitely values visits and on campus interviews, and for a good reason...I think a lot of people love the rep and the idea of tuck. However, when they actually make it to Hanover they may have second doubts. Its a great school but the location definitely isnt for everyone. Even if you love the Tuck community, Hanover can really be a deal breaker...especially if you are married or bringing a gf/bf/fiance. I think more than any school in a big city (or within commutable distance) at a place like Tuck you really need your significant other (if you have one) to determine the possibility for a job that will further their career.

J Allen Morris

SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 31

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2008, 08:21
jallenmorris wrote:

I would give their Admissions Office a call before taking it off the list and see what they have to say. I did notice that on their app they have a comments section for why you didn't visit - so there is room to explain why you didn't go. The question is whether the Tuck folks will think of your reason as "valid".

I hope it works out :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 701 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2008, 08:56
maverick2011 wrote:

Depends where you are flying from. Manchester NH is a lot closer and southwest flies there so its often cheaper dont know if there is a dartmouth coach there but definitely look into that. You car really isnt required, there were other people the same day as my visit who flew in and took the bus...some rented cars because they wanted to scope out the area to get the true sense of how remote it is (good idea).

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

Re: Calling all Tuck Fall 2009 applicants!   [#permalink] 13 Aug 2008, 08:56