Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Sep 2014, 09:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2010, 17:04
Hi,

I have been schedules for an interview with UC Irvine - Paul Mearge School of business. Can someone guide me on the interview questions and how to prepare for a phone interview?

Thanks!!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: UC Irvine - Paul Mearge School of business [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2010, 20:04
The questions were pretty standard. Why MBA, why now, why Merage, a leadership, a challenging team situation example, so on and so forth. According to me, it's hard to bring forth one's personality during a phone interview, so it's important to personalize the interview as much as possible. Maybe a little bit of well-timed humor should help. Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Penn State (Admit and Matriculating), Simon (R3-WL), Rady (R2-Admit w/$), Merage (R2-Ding w/o Interview), Rutgers (R2-Admit)
WE 1: Photo USA
WE 2: ASUS Computer International
WE 3: Cavium Networks

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2010, 12:52
What are you guys' profiles? I'm currently in the process of finishing up my application for UCI.

660 GMAT, 4.5 years experience, 2.95 GPA at a UC.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Merage
Schools: University of California Irvine (Merage) - Class of 2013
WE: Sales (Other)

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2010, 23:00
This post received
KUDOS
Hey all- My interview is tomorrow on campus, I'll let you know how it goes!

630 GMAT/ 3.3 GPA / 3.5 yrs work experience.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 11:15
switcher wrote:
Hey all- My interview is tomorrow on campus, I'll let you know how it goes!

630 GMAT/ 3.3 GPA / 3.5 yrs work experience.

thanks!! I shall wait for ur reply
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 14:35
Have anyone (who already completed an interview) received a decision from UC Irvine yet? I completed my interview about a month ago, and have been waiting since then.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Merage
Schools: University of California Irvine (Merage) - Class of 2013
WE: Sales (Other)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 19:55
It was great. Campus was quiet because people are on break. Had some time with a current student and he answered all my questions. Interview took 45 min including my long list of questions, standard MBA interview questions. No tricks. Very friendly and a beautiful campus. I was told that I'd have a decision by mid-January.

When I got back home to LA, I got my admission packet to University of San Fran!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 21:26
Hi Folks,

I have received an Interview invite from Merage this morning. Would be taking a phone interview since I can not travel :( .. But I am very excited about it! Anyone who has taken a telephonic interview please come forward .. would like to know how did it go ..
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA, UCI, UCSD, USC

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 21:30
diego77 wrote:
Have anyone (who already completed an interview) received a decision from UC Irvine yet? I completed my interview about a month ago, and have been waiting since then.

Yeah, had an interview in early November, heard results about two weeks ago.

"You'd be out of your mind, like, uh, uh, you wouldn't be in your right mind."

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2010, 22:39
TheBrownSlipper: Congratulations on your admit. Was the decision sent through an email or conveyed over the phone? Did you get any fellowship/scholarship, and if yes, did they let you know at the time of the admissions offer?
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA, UCI, UCSD, USC

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2010, 08:03
diego77 wrote:
TheBrownSlipper: Congratulations on your admit. Was the decision sent through an email or conveyed over the phone? Did you get any fellowship/scholarship, and if yes, did they let you know at the time of the admissions offer?

Yes, got a partial fellowship offer and they called me on the phone to let me know the same time that they let me know I got in.
I was one of the first people to interview, so I'd guess I got an earlier response? PM me if you have any questions or need more info.

"You'd be out of your mind, like, uh, uh, you wouldn't be in your right mind."

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2010, 16:36
TheBrownSlipper: I got in too with a partial fellowship. Just heard about it and am very excited. Thanks for the info..
Current Student
Schools: UCLA Anderson FEMBA Class of 2014
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2010, 20:22
Irvine's program is great. I also recently interviewed, feel free to pm if you have any specific questions. best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Penn State (Admit and Matriculating), Simon (R3-WL), Rady (R2-Admit w/$), Merage (R2-Ding w/o Interview), Rutgers (R2-Admit)

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2010, 15:07
Just submitted my application. Let's see what happens!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 12:39
Guys, how long did it take from your date of submission, to the date of you receiving an interview?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 22:41
Typically, it is within 2 weeks after your application goes complete.
Manager
Manager
Schools: UCI R1- admit w/ $$$, Cornell R3, McCombs R2- admitted, Kelley R3 - admitted, USC R1-waitlist

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2010, 11:44
engel wrote:
Hi Folks,

I have received an Interview invite from Merage this morning. Would be taking a phone interview since I can not travel :( .. But I am very excited about it! Anyone who has taken a telephonic interview please come forward .. would like to know how did it go ..

Did a phone interview on the 20th with the assistant Dean.
The questions were standard [typical why questions]. Since Merage interviews are fully informed as opposed to blind, you have to be able to explain things not on your application like general background, employment gaps, and your stories, and convince the interviewer that you are really interested in its program by going beyond what you already mentioned in your essays.
Intern
Intern
Schools: MIT, Texas (admitted), UCLA (WL), NPS (admitted), Texas A&M (admitted w/ $), UCI (admitted w/ $), WUSTL (admitted w/ $)
WE 1: 8+ yrs active duty US Army officer (Captain)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2010, 19:53
I interviewed on 11/22 and got the call on 12/17. Good luck to you all.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 9

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Dec 2010, 21:00
Thanks analyst218! I will prepare myself accordingly..

analyst218 wrote:
engel wrote:
Hi Folks,

Did a phone interview on the 20th with the assistant Dean.
The questions were standard [typical why questions]. Since Merage interviews are fully informed as opposed to blind, you have to be able to explain things not on your application like general background, employment gaps, and your stories, and convince the interviewer that you are really interested in its program by going beyond what you already mentioned in your essays.
Manager
Manager
Schools: UCI R1- admit w/ $$$, Cornell R3, McCombs R2- admitted, Kelley R3 - admitted, USC R1-waitlist

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2010, 16:29
did neone else get invited to dinner with the adcom?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Re: Calling all Fall 2011 UC Irvine applicants!   [#permalink] 23 Dec 2010, 16:29