Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:48 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.48
WE:Public Relations (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
samriddhi320 wrote:
mbadream16 wrote:
Submitted! Fingers crossed! :-)

Hey, did you receive an acknowledgement email from UCLA? I just submitted, and got a receipt for the payment, but nothing from the school.

I did not receive any acknowledgement. I only got an email confirming receipt of application fees. Also they haven't received my TOEFL scores and when I sent an email asking about the same, their reply was pretty similar to that posted by Sridutt. Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
mbadream16 wrote:
samriddhi320 wrote:
mbadream16 wrote:

Hey, did you receive an acknowledgement email from UCLA? I just submitted, and got a receipt for the payment, but nothing from the school.

I did not receive any acknowledgement. I only got an email confirming receipt of application fees. Also they haven't received my TOEFL scores and when I sent an email asking about the same, their reply was pretty similar to that posted by Sridutt. Hope this helps.

This is what I got in reply for confirmation email : Thank you for your email. Once you submit your application, we do not send confirmation emails after the submission. Instead, you can check your status page and see if and when you submitted your application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.61
WE:Asset Management (Insurance)
Send PM
I submitted on Oct 6 and got a acknowledgement email from them today...just a confirmation that they received my round 1 application and a few general next steps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
westcoastplan wrote:
I submitted on Oct 6 and got a acknowledgement email from them today...just a confirmation that they received my round 1 application and a few general next steps.

Got an update as well and am happy they mentioned R1 :-). I was worried as my status had Oct 7th as submission date.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
westcoastplan wrote:

Me too! Now we wait...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
heyjude07 wrote:
spraydot wrote:
heyjude07 wrote:
I submitted my application and even though the deadline is 11:59 PT 10/6/15, my application said it was submitted 10/7/15. Is anyone else having this problem? This is making me panic a little!

Submitted just now and facing the same problem. I guess that date is fetched from our location or something.

I'm based in Los Angeles though so the local time is also currently still 10/6/15. I just hope they don't bump us to R2!

If you want to make sure you are in for R1, I would highly recommend reaching out to Admissions.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [1]
Given Kudos: 210
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
If you haven't already, follow UCLA Anderson on Instagram at @UCLAMBA, https://instagram.com/uclamba/. It's a great place to get a student's perspective on life at Anderson, find out where many of the Class of 2016 did their internships, etc. If you have any questions about Anderson or the application process, feel free to reach out!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I received a acknowledgement email today from Anderson. I had submitted my application on 5th October. If you are using Gmail, please check your non-primary email folders in case you haven't received the confirmation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Hi, Anyone has an idea when we start hearing back?

Originally posted by Scarlett166 on 08 Oct 2015, 23:15.
Last edited by Scarlett166 on 09 Oct 2015, 09:27, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V46
GPA: 3.61
WE:Asset Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Scarlett166 wrote:
Hi, Anyone has an idea when we will start hearing back?

From last year's thread as well as the confirmation email, interviews will start to go out a week after ddl into December.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Good luck to R1 applicants!
Guys, I would not worry much about status of your TOEFL score (be sure it was received - you can not influence "check" status) , it is not critical piece of application.
I don't remember my experience regarding this, but as I know Adcoms sometimes use self-reported scores assuming that they will receive the same result soon (if not then I have bad news for you).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
mbadream16 wrote:
samriddhi320 wrote:
mbadream16 wrote:

Thanks,

I did eventually get a confirmation e-mail from them around 8th October.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
PolarCatastrophe wrote:
Mariale24 wrote:
Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the part in the application where they ask you to indicate the most advanced mathematics course completed. Does it have to be an exlclusive math course, or could it be a course that has math foundations. For example, I am an economist and I took Econometrics at college, this is a really advanced statistics course and obviously has high level math foundations.

Thanks for your help and good luck everyone!

I would be willing to bet that the adcom will know what Econometrics is. Really, I think they are just looking for some level of mathematical aptitude, so pick whichever course you feel best represents the highest level of mathematics. You should feel fortunate not to have a math degree / statistics degree where the "hardest" class may not actually be recognizable by the adcom. :)

Right I believe they don't care if you took multi-variable calculus vs. econometric. They are just looking that you are competent in math. The first class in fall is basic statistics and they want to know you'll be capable of understanding.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone received interview invites today?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
FROM NewsUCLA: Round 1 applications
Fall is here, but you would think it's still summer in LA with the record heat wave we've experienced the past several days!  Fortunately it should be cooling down later this week, with a chance for some much needed rain in the forecast.

Fall also marks the official start of our application evaluation season, starting with our Round 1 applicants. It's been a week since the Round 1 deadline and the admissions committee has already been quite busy reading and evaluating files for the Class of 2018. This year we scooted up the application deadline and subsequent decision release day, so Round 1 applicants will hear back from us no later than December 15th.

Interview invitations are starting to go out this week and the vast majority of interviews will take place starting next week through mid-November.  Don't forget to check out our blog post with interview tips to help you prepare!

One of the top questions we receive from applicants is how to visit campus, and I'm happy to share that signing up for a Campus Experience is easier than ever! We expanded the options available for for visitors, and depending on the choices available the day you plan to visit, you can choose from Group Info Sessions, class visits, school tours, coffee chats and lunches with current students.  We also recently launched The MBA Experience app for iPhones and Androids, which you can downloadat anytime.  Should you decide to interview on campus, consider tying in one or more of these activities to learn more about our culture.

As always, feel free to comment below with any questions or shoot us an emailanytime!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
mbadream16 wrote:

I received one around 4pm today.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.83
WE:Design (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
mbadream16 wrote:

Got an invite at 7:56 PM EST today! It seems they just started sending out invites. Good luck with everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  36   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts