Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 12:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Schools: UCLA Anderson
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2009, 12:52
Pook wrote:
Did everyone do Essay 4 from memory/off-the-cuff, or did you read it somehow? I found it nearly impossible to do it without a script so I used the equivalent of cue-cards. I think it was pretty clear that I was reading. Think that's an issue?

At first I wrote mine out and had it on my computer screen and placed my camera right above my monitor, but it seemed too rigid and obvious I was reading it, so I re-recorded it. The version I used for the application was less polished but seemed a little more natural like I was just telling a story, so I think it sounded better.
Manager
Manager
Schools: UCLA, Ross, Berkeley
WE 1: Information Technology
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2009, 20:52
ramang wrote:
Did anyone schedule an interview in New Delhi with an alum?

Yes, I was offered an alum interview in New Delhi. Asked for a change and was provided one in Mumbai. The adcom member who scheduled the interviews was pretty helpful and understanding.

Do or Do Not.. There is no try
-- Master Yoda

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2009, 08:12
I haven't received an interview invite and I went on my UCLA application and it says that I will have a decision by the published date.

I dunno - this can't be good?
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2009, 19:37
What exactly does it say on the status? Something like "Submitted for committee review"? or does that not show anymore?
Current Student
Schools: UCLA Anderson

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 26 Nov 2009, 20:14
doclkk wrote:
I haven't received an interview invite and I went on my UCLA application and it says that I will have a decision by the published date.

I dunno - this can't be good?

That's the same thing mine still says and I got the interview invite the other day, so it probably doesn't mean anything either way.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2009, 03:07
Had my alum interview in Bangalore today. The interview itself was pretty conversational and pretty much the standard stuff. Resume Walkthrough, Why MBA/Anderson and Goals. Because of the conversational nature it drifted into other areas of Anderson and my profile.

Good luck to others who have an interview coming up.

-- Master Yoda

Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke(ER), CBS(ER), Cornell(R1), Yale(R1), Darden(R1), MIT(R1)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2009, 12:47
topa wrote:
Had my alum interview in Bangalore today. The interview itself was pretty conversational and pretty much the standard stuff. Resume Walkthrough, Why MBA/Anderson and Goals. Because of the conversational nature it drifted into other areas of Anderson and my profile.

Good luck to others who have an interview coming up.

Congrats!! Can you plz share your profile with us.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke(ER), CBS(ER), Cornell(R1), Yale(R1), Darden(R1), MIT(R1)

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2009, 07:25
topa wrote:
ramang wrote:

Yes, I was offered an alum interview in New Delhi. Asked for a change and was provided one in Mumbai. The adcom member who scheduled the interviews was pretty helpful and understanding.

Was he writing stuff while you were answering his questions?? and did he throw some odd balls and try to probe into watever you were saying?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2009, 10:01
ramang wrote:
topa wrote:
ramang wrote:

Was he writing stuff while you were answering his questions?? and did he throw some odd balls and try to probe into watever you were saying?

No, very conversational. No notes too. No oddball questions, pretty much the standard questions.

-- Master Yoda

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2009, 07:31
Hi guys,

This might be totally out of context but just wanted to know as I am planning apply for fall 2010 R2. Could you please let me know the GMAT Score and the minimum work experience that would put me at a good position to get an interview call from UCLA?

This would be of great help to me.

Thanks,
Arvind
Manager
Manager
Schools: Haas, Kellogg, Anderson, Marshall for 2010 matriculation

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2009, 08:16
avinarvind wrote:
Hi guys,

This might be totally out of context but just wanted to know as I am planning apply for fall 2010 R2. Could you please let me know the GMAT Score and the minimum work experience that would put me at a good position to get an interview call from UCLA?

Thanks,
Arvind

Impossible question to answer because theres a lot more layers that just GMAT score and minimum work experience.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2009, 08:27
Is it possible for me to know the GMAT scores and work ex of candidates who have applied for R1 2010 fall? At least of those in the forum....
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2009, 08:55
avinarvind wrote:
Is it possible for me to know the GMAT scores and work ex of candidates who have applied for R1 2010 fall? At least of those in the forum....
Stats for avg. work experience and GMAT score are available on the internet. Check out Business Week. Its something around 710 and 5 years.
Manager
Manager
Schools: MIT, UCLA, Texas
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2009, 09:55
Has anyone interviewed on campus? I have an interview next week and just wanted to find out more.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2009, 15:57
avinarvind wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Arvind

I have 3 yrs of Work, a 670, 6.0 and I had a 3.81 in undergrad and got an interview. So I don't think there's really a minimum. I think as a rule of thumb if you're below their 80% for both GPA / GMAT - I think your chances diminish a little but besides that - it's all you.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Dec 2009, 11:59
avinarvind wrote:
Hi guys,

Thanks,
Arvind

Check out admissions411.com
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 22:51
Got an interview invite this morning!
App submitted three minutes before the deadline.

Good luck to you all.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Dec 2009, 23:20
I am applying in R2 (1/6/2010 deadline). Please add me to the roll call.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2009, 09:52
Should I officially be worried at this point if I haven't heard from Anderson yet?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 04 Dec 2009, 10:34
albyman32 wrote:
Should I officially be worried at this point if I haven't heard from Anderson yet?

Same question here.
Re: Calling all Anderson Fall 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 04 Dec 2009, 10:34