Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 08:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Schools: UCLA, Ross, Berkeley
WE 1: Information Technology
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2010, 22:37
Did anyone attend the A-Days event that was held this weekend ?

Do or Do Not.. There is no try
-- Master Yoda

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 10:40
Has anyone gotten more interview invites this week? If I haven't heard back yet, should I just assume that I got dinged?
Current Student
Schools: UCLA Anderson

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 10:59
topa wrote:
Did anyone attend the A-Days event that was held this weekend ?

I was at A-Days this past weekend. I thought it was a good event, really got a chance to meet a lot of admits and current students. I had already been leaning toward attending, but I definitely got a good vibe about the school and the students from the weekend.
Manager
Manager
Schools: UCLA Anderson '12
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 12:53
Newly admitted folks...any input?

duuuma wrote:
Anyone admitted in Round 1 feel like they didn't have the best interview?

My interviewer and I never really clicked - the first 20 mins or so was good, a bit cut and dry. Then I got a little repetitive on my leadership example story as we got close to the end, stumbled a bit.

Lastly, my interviewer took my question about job placement and how the clubs/Parker center have helped him prep. He got really anxious since he hadn't found a job yet, and his visa was expiring in 5 months. He then went on a little about how tough it was to find a job through the Parker career center.

I tried to lighten up the mood by asking about Challenge for Charity. Every alumni I've met has had something fun to say regarding the event...but he didn't attend :?

(anyone in Round 2 who wants to chime in, please do too)
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: UCLA Anderson

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 13:18
This post received
KUDOS
I actually thought my interview went really poorly for the most part, but it was a phone interview so those might be harder to get a good read on. It was my first MBA interview I had, and I felt I was rambling and not very specific with my answers. I think I was a little more natural/personable when it was time for me to ask questions, but I thought the damage had already been done on my part. Luckily it turned out alright. Best of luck.

duuuma wrote:
Newly admitted folks...any input?

duuuma wrote:
Anyone admitted in Round 1 feel like they didn't have the best interview?

My interviewer and I never really clicked - the first 20 mins or so was good, a bit cut and dry. Then I got a little repetitive on my leadership example story as we got close to the end, stumbled a bit.

Lastly, my interviewer took my question about job placement and how the clubs/Parker center have helped him prep. He got really anxious since he hadn't found a job yet, and his visa was expiring in 5 months. He then went on a little about how tough it was to find a job through the Parker career center.

I tried to lighten up the mood by asking about Challenge for Charity. Every alumni I've met has had something fun to say regarding the event...but he didn't attend :?

(anyone in Round 2 who wants to chime in, please do too)
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 15:50
Thanks for the feedback bball. That's encouraging for myself and any other round 2 folks who didn't feel great about their interviews.

bball2693 wrote:
I actually thought my interview went really poorly for the most part, but it was a phone interview so those might be harder to get a good read on. It was my first MBA interview I had, and I felt I was rambling and not very specific with my answers. I think I was a little more natural/personable when it was time for me to ask questions, but I thought the damage had already been done on my part. Luckily it turned out alright. Best of luck.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 17:05
I received an invite last Friday (2/19), so they are definitely still coming.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 21:16
I just noticed today that my status on applyyourself stating the following w/o an interview invitation. If I remember correctly, it used to say that application is "under review by the committee" or something like that, so this might be an indication that I should stop refreshing my email account in search for an interview invitation. I'm a R2 applicant.

"Your application is complete for committee review and will have a decision released by the publish date for your round."
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 21:35
Interesting observation...mine still says "Your application is complete for committee review."

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? Any interviews/decisions at other schools?

HappyG wrote:
I just noticed today that my status on applyyourself stating the following w/o an interview invitation. If I remember correctly, it used to say that application is "under review by the committee" or something like that, so this might be an indication that I should stop refreshing my email account in search for an interview invitation. I'm a R2 applicant.

"Your application is complete for committee review and will have a decision released by the publish date for your round."

F2013 R1: Stanford
F2011 R1: Stanford
F2010 R2: Stanford, Cal, UCLA, USC, UCSD($$$)
GPA: 3.5+ B.S., J.D.
GMAT: 94%
WE: 2 Startups (Co-Founder)

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2010, 22:42
That's great that yours still say that. Good Luck! My stats are [M/ 720/ not so ideal GPA/ WE8/ Finance/ International]. Got invitations from Wharton, Haas and Fuqua. No decisions yet.

cyrez8 wrote:
Interesting observation...mine still says "Your application is complete for committee review."

What are your stats if you don't mind me asking? Any interviews/decisions at other schools?

HappyG wrote:

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 01:12
Haha...I'm not so sure mine saying that is positive after hearing your stats :)

I'm sure you did just fine at Anderson with invitations from 3 better schools buddy.

Great job! :)

HappyG wrote:
That's great that yours still say that. Good Luck! My stats are [M/ 720/ not so ideal GPA/ WE8/ Finance/ International]. Got invitations from Wharton, Haas and Fuqua. No decisions yet.

cyrez8 wrote:

HappyG wrote:

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 13:51
Mine still says "Your application is complete for committee review."

Anyone else's change?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 14:06
Mine now says:
Your application is complete for committee review and will have a decision released by the publish date for your round.

uclaguy wrote:

Anyone else's change?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 14:16
And you received an interview huh? Interesting...

duuuma wrote:
Mine now says:
Your application is complete for committee review and will have a decision released by the publish date for your round.

uclaguy wrote:

Anyone else's change?

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 14:29
Yes, interviewed 2 weeks ago. My status changed to this message sometime between then and now. I haven't checked the site at all.

Why is it interesting?

cyrez8 wrote:
And you received an interview huh? Interesting...

duuuma wrote:
Mine now says:

uclaguy wrote:

Anyone else's change?
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 11

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 14:31
Mine says "Your application is complete for committee review and will have a decision released by the publish date for your round."

I was invited to interview about 3 weeks ago.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 14:43
My guess is:

1) If your message was updated after interviewing, then you still have 3 options (Admitted, Denied, WL)

2) If your message was updated without an interview, then things are bleaker as you only have 2 options (Denied, WL)

Probably wrong but now I guess we all have to check our applyyourself page as well! Lol

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 14:50
Well yeah, 1) has to be true but with 5 weeks until decision time, I wouldn't count out an interview just yet if you haven't received, though chances are probably much slimmer. Still, didn't someone just post an interview invite this week?

Hell, as poorly as my interview went, they'll probably get the feedback and decide to invite someone else to go in for an interview :P

cyrez8 wrote:
My guess is:

1) If your message was updated after interviewing, then you still have 3 options (Admitted, Denied, WL)

2) If your message was updated without an interview, then things are bleaker as you only have 2 options (Denied, WL)

Probably wrong but now I guess we all have to check our applyyourself page as well! Lol
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 14:55
This post received
KUDOS
Oh interview invites will be going out until mid March at least for UCLA.

2 1/2 more weeks essentially before it's time to analyze your situation :)

duuuma wrote:
Well yeah, 1) has to be true but with 5 weeks until decision time, I wouldn't count out an interview just yet if you haven't received, though chances are probably much slimmer. Still, didn't someone just post an interview invite this week?

Hell, as poorly as my interview went, they'll probably get the feedback and decide to invite someone else to go in for an interview :P

cyrez8 wrote:
My guess is:

Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth, Anderson, Haas, Johnson

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2010, 20:14
Got an interview invite at 6:12 PM CST. Wow was my first reaction. I have to admit that I was losing hope as time went by. It was only Jennifer Mae's constant twitter updates about interview invites that consoled me. Kudos to her. People who havent got invites yet should definitely not lose hope. As long as Mae says that they are still reading files and will send interview invites, people should not be overtly worried.

My stats are Indian in US / IT / 6+ year WE / 730
Re: Calling all UCLA Anderson Fall 2010 applicants!   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2010, 20:14