Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q60 V60
GRE 1: Q169 V164
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Just got the call! I'm in!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA FEMBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2020!! [#permalink]
Whew. Just got the call myself. Last name starts with S.

I am in!! The perfect Christmas present!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I got the call i'm in!!!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
I got in as well. Congrats everyone!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also in, congrats everyone! Those were a tough two days waiting...

I'll be relocating from the East coast, and have lots of questions about life in LA. Can anybody point me to any FEMBA specific resources about making the move, housing, transportation, etc?

Originally posted by benbenben on 21 Dec 2016, 19:17.
Last edited by benbenben on 22 Dec 2016, 08:06, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.61
Send PM
Congrats to all those who got accepted! Does anyone know for the FEMBA round 1, when is the response deadline for if you are commiting or not?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
hayhehes wrote:
Congrats to all those who got accepted! Does anyone know for the FEMBA round 1, when is the response deadline for if you are commiting or not?

The response due date for Round 1 is February 1st.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 520 Q48 V15
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi All,

Can someone who got admitted share how they started off writing "I am Unique because..." essay. I know it is about core values and anecdotes to explain oneself, but I am unable to figure out how to start. I just need to know what the first paragraph or first few sentences can be like, I can write the rest.

Any templates, sample piece of first few sentences that I refer to? I unable to figure out how to complete the sentence "I am unique because ...".
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
adarshshetty wrote:
Hi All,

Can someone who got admitted share how they started off writing "I am Unique because..." essay. I know it is about core values and anecdotes to explain oneself, but I am unable to figure out how to start. I just need to know what the first paragraph or first few sentences can be like, I can write the rest.

Any templates, sample piece of first few sentences that I refer to? I unable to figure out how to complete the sentence "I am unique because ...".

Well since this is the personality/Tell Your Story essay, I'd say the beginning is arguably the most important part. I wouldn't worry about having to complete the sentence (not sure if it actually matters) until after you've written the bulk of your essay.

All applicants without a doubt have their own sets of goals, and motivating factors behind getting an MBA, but the point of this prompt is to see how you can communicate those traits in a way which makes you stand out.

This is your chance to get creative. Think about your favorite books and movies. Some start at the end and go backwards to fill in the gaps. Others describe a single event or phenomenon in such vivid detail that characterizes the rest of the story. Don't be afraid to think outside of the box!

Good luck, and hope to see you as a fellow FEMBA 2020!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
adarshshetty wrote:
Hi All,

Talk about something that sets you apart from everyone else. Adcoms don't want cookie-cutter candidates. What's that one personality trait, activity, or passion that would make the adcom say "wow! this person's interesting". Also, don't start the essay with "I am unique..." It's tacky. Dive right into it and tell a story. Then, summarize it with "I am unique because..." in the last paragraph.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.75
WE:Other (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I was admitted as well. Did anyone else here apply to the Berkeley EWMBA? Their notification for acceptance is Feb 3rd, 1 day after the acceptance deadline for round 1 FEMBA admits. I was hoping to have a decision in hand from both schools prior to making my final decision (assuming there was one to be made). I'm wondering if anyone is in the same boat?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mountainman1981 wrote:
I was admitted as well. Did anyone else here apply to the Berkeley EWMBA? Their notification for acceptance is Feb 3rd, 1 day after the acceptance deadline for round 1 FEMBA admits. I was hoping to have a decision in hand from both schools prior to making my final decision (assuming there was one to be made). I'm wondering if anyone is in the same boat?

Exact same boat. I was advised by admissions at Haas to reach out and request an extension at Anderson, which I did this morning (haven't heard back yet.) If they won't grant an extension, you send a scan of your acceptance letter to Haas admissions, which will consider releasing your decision early.

Which program would you choose? What are the deciding factors for you? If I were admitted to Haas, I'm not sure which I'd choose right now. I'd be relocating from the East Coast, and both LA and Bay Area are super appealing to me. My current employer could accommodate my move to either, and both programs are strong in my target industries (tech/consulting, with an international focus). Ever since I heard back from FEMBA the other week, I've been going back and forth in my head.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.75
WE:Other (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
I am going back and forth as well. I will be living an hour north of LA so attending Anderson would be much easier than commuting to Haas. Right now I am trying to convince myself that the commute to Haas is actually feasible. I know that a lot of people make the commute from LA to the Bay Area but the time commitment gives me pause. If the commute wasn't a factor I would lean towards Haas just based on my experience there during a visit. Did you hear back from Anderson regarding an extension?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mountainman1981 wrote:
I am going back and forth as well. I will be living an hour north of LA so attending Anderson would be much easier than commuting to Haas. Right now I am trying to convince myself that the commute to Haas is actually feasible. I know that a lot of people make the commute from LA to the Bay Area but the time commitment gives me pause. If the commute wasn't a factor I would lean towards Haas just based on my experience there during a visit. Did you hear back from Anderson regarding an extension?

Yes, they granted a week extension. I'd recommend mailing them soon if you also want an extension. Keep us posted on your decision between Haas/Anderson.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 520 Q48 V15
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V25
GMAT 3: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Thanks engineermba1620 and Energy2020 for those tips. It took some inner engineering to write this essay, I will be applying soon.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone else receive fellowship offer?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 650 Q46 V34
GPA: 3.87
WE:Asset Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Does anyone have any ideas/tips on what the Super Saturday interviews will look like?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts