Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 22:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 08:38
Congrats to all the admits.

The dings are painful.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 08:38
Waitlisted.. and will be considered in next round...
SUX
Intern
Intern
Schools: UNC (R1), NCSU (R2), Duke (R2)
WE 1: IT systems management
WE 2: telecom
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 08:41
ding. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 08:46
I'm in!!!! Really Pumped!!! Against all odds!!

Good luck to all.

Guys for those who didn't get good news, keep your head don't give up
Intern
Intern
Schools: UT, UNC, Northwestern, Notre Dame
WE 1: Boutique Investment Banking - 4 Years

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 08:54
I got in!

I was wait listed two years ago so anyone who is wait listed or dinged remember they look favorably upon re-applicants.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 10:33
I am in! very excited!

first admit of the season! 8-)

congrats to fellow admits!
good luck all

Saurabh
My opinion may change, but not the fact that I am always right! :P
http://nineteenhundredeightythree.blogspot.com/

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 11:12
Hi all ,

I am a newbie . I have been interviewed by UNC . Please add to the roll call
Intern
Intern
Schools: Fuqua(R1 w/int), UNC(R1), Kellogg(R1), Darden(R2)

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 12:07
Admit!!! :-D

First one of the season.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 12:30
no mention of schol, though!

has anyone heard of it?
if not where to expect it?

Saurabh

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 18:48
Updated rollcall.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 19:36
sjed wrote:

has anyone heard of it?

No mention yet, will be mailed in 7-10 days per the website.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 19:56
UNC2010 wrote:
fair point, I should have noted the other school, Duke R1. i applied to some higher ranked schools (hbs, stanford and mit) and was denied admission. pure pe, especially in an analyst role, is farthest down the line of things i'd like to do once i have an mba. i'm more leaning towards fixed income focused portfolio management at a gsam, pimco, blackrock or even hedge fund.

If you look at the employment stats for both schools UNC appears to have a higher percentage of students going into PM. Duke shows 1% of '08-09 went into asset management while UNC shows 6% plus another .5% in research. Of course, who knows if this is indicative of what is available to Duke grads or if it's simply a function of some other variables. And it doesn't segregate front office from back office. I do know that UNC has alumni at Pimco because I met one a couple years ago. I don't know what he does though.

I'm looking to get into fixed income also and was accepted today. I haven't been able to visit the school. How was the Capital Markets Lab? Did you meet any of the finance professors/students?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 02:27
wine0holic wrote:
sjed wrote:

has anyone heard of it?

i am not able to find the link where its mention, may u please share it with me!

Calling all Indians from India, up for a meet/chat???

Saurabh

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 06:11
wine0holic wrote:
UNC2010 wrote:
fair point, I should have noted the other school, Duke R1. i applied to some higher ranked schools (hbs, stanford and mit) and was denied admission. pure pe, especially in an analyst role, is farthest down the line of things i'd like to do once i have an mba. i'm more leaning towards fixed income focused portfolio management at a gsam, pimco, blackrock or even hedge fund.

If you look at the employment stats for both schools UNC appears to have a higher percentage of students going into PM. Duke shows 1% of '08-09 went into asset management while UNC shows 6% plus another .5% in research. Of course, who knows if this is indicative of what is available to Duke grads or if it's simply a function of some other variables. And it doesn't segregate front office from back office. I do know that UNC has alumni at Pimco because I met one a couple years ago. I don't know what he does though.

I'm looking to get into fixed income also and was accepted today. I haven't been able to visit the school. How was the Capital Markets Lab? Did you meet any of the finance professors/students?

Congrats. You should visit the school. I have met with some of the professors and students. The finance department in particular seems young, rapidly expanding, but professors from some well known programs; their department is probably in the tier right below a ucla, duke, umich finance program. They seem to take a pretty active role in the MBA program. I think this is pretty unique vs the more established finance schools. The capital market lab is pretty neat. From what i heard they have some loose affiliation with the unc endowment... a plus for summer internships, etc. A student I spoke with had mentioned that pimco does interview at UNC.

Have you decided to attend?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck, Duke, UNC, BU, NYU, Darden

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 08:01
For RC purposes, I was waitlisted after interview.

It seems like K-F interviewed a really high percentage of folks this round for the number of admits. Seems like the “invite only” interview isn’t really that much of a barrier. Any idea what their application pool size is like this year?
Current Student
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 45

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 08:18
jkatz8809 wrote:
For RC purposes, I was waitlisted after interview.

It seems like K-F interviewed a really high percentage of folks this round for the number of admits. Seems like the “invite only” interview isn’t really that much of a barrier. Any idea what their application pool size is like this year?

jkatz8809, in a recent chat the adcom said they're interviewing approximately 60% of all candidates this year. Applications are down slightly from last year.

Any idea what the reason behind your WL might be, if you don't mind me asking? Were you able to show enthusiasm for the program, etc all that good stuff? Your GMAT is great, so just wondering..
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth R1 (WL), NYU R1 (WL), Kellogg JD/MBA R2, Tepper R2, Ross R2 (admit)
WE 1: Mortgage

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 08:51
For any re-applicants in this thread, did they give you feedback for what you need to improve?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Tuck, Duke, UNC, BU, NYU, Darden

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 09:24
Quote:
jkatz8809, in a recent chat the adcom said they're interviewing approximately 60% of all candidates this year. Applications are down slightly from last year.

Any idea what the reason behind your WL might be, if you don't mind me asking? Were you able to show enthusiasm for the program, etc all that good stuff? Your GMAT is great, so just wondering..

My GPA is a 3.0; I'm assuming that's a piece of it. Also I'm a white male from new england. Probably a lot of those floating around.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 09:31
sjed wrote:
wine0holic wrote:
sjed wrote:

has anyone heard of it?

i am not able to find the link where its mention, may u please share it with me!

Calling all Indians from India, up for a meet/chat???

I can't post full links yet but here it is:

w w w.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/programs/MBA/Tuition/Fellowships.cfm
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 10:24
I am also interested to know if they give feedback on your app. I would like to know where I need to improve to either apply EA next year, or get off the WL this year.
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants   [#permalink] 09 Feb 2010, 10:24