Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 18:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: ACA, CPA
Schools: BC
WE 1: Big4, Audit
WE 2: Banking
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 37 [0], given: 41

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Aug 2009, 04:58
Thanks, This is helpful :)

If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2009, 19:46
KF has competition called Alpha challenge where student teams from different b-schools compete on investment strategies.The good news is that the admissions office is sponsoring 5 prospective students to attend this event.

More details at http://www.alphachallenge.com/prospectivestudents.asp

I think this would be good chance for applicants looking at Investment Management as a career option to show their interest in KF.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Oct 2009, 19:08
Did anyone get a chance to interview?
Current Student
Schools: Duke, UVA, UNC, Georgetown,
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2009, 06:18
I had my interview on the 9th of this month with an assistant admissions director. Very standard interview, asked about points on my resume, extracurricular activities, post graduation goals. Nothing to surprising.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2009, 09:30
Are the interviews at Kenan-Flagler by initation only ? Or are they interviewing everybody who has started on Part - 1 of their application ?
Current Student
Schools: Duke, UVA, UNC, Georgetown,

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2009, 10:01
This year they are doing invite only. I got mine after filling out part 1 of my application. I think in previous years they allowed everyone to sign up for an interview, but now being a tad more exclusive because of higher application volumes.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 2.97
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 82

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2009, 12:18
I have my interview tonight, wish me luck.
Intern
Intern
Schools: UNC

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2009, 13:50
Pre777 wrote:
I have my interview tonight, wish me luck.

Good luck!

I had mine on 10/16. I found it to be very pleasant and conversational. Whether I conveyed the proper message is a different story, but it was very relaxed. :)
Current Student
Schools: Ross (R2), Cornell (R3) , UNC (R3) , INSEAD (R1 Jan)
WE 1: Advisory (2 yrs)
WE 2: FP & Analysis (2 yrs at matriculation)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 86 [0], given: 45

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2009, 12:56
Anyone tried to schedule a campus visit through the Application Central website? When I logged in this morning it said: "There are currently no visit dates available". I find it hard to believe that there are no dates available even as far out as Feb/March of next year. Would like to visit on Dec 4-7, should I just email the Admissions Office instead? How do campus visits at KF work?
Attachments

KF Visit.JPG
KF Visit.JPG [ 138.23 KiB | Viewed 2329 times ]

Intern
Intern
Schools: UNC (R1), NCSU (R2), Duke (R2)
WE 1: IT systems management
WE 2: telecom
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2009, 13:17
@ariel: it is possible that there are no more dates available for a visit. I used that application in September and the earliest date I could get was a late October. During my campus visit, there were 8-10 people visiting and most of them came for an interview.
Are you a woman? If so, you can register for MBA Women Weekend.
BTW, I have noticed slow responses to my emails too. I have sent one 2 business days ago and still waiting for an answer. A month or two ago, I would get the reply in few hours.
BTW, I am a local candidate, so it's easy for me to go there and visit whenever I feel like.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2009, 13:28
Thanks for the response, Andromeda. Yes, I am a woman. Are you referring to the UNC Kenan-Flagler Women’s Workshop on November 21st?

http://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/womens ... /index.cfm

I am flying to NC on Dec 4, so I will make a trip to the campus regardless. I guess the only downside is that my visit won't be coordinated with Admissions (even though I plan to mention it in my essays).
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2009, 15:35
ariel,

I suggest calling the admission office to schedule a visit. I visited Kenan-Flagler on Nov 2nd. I called the week before my visit, because I found out I was going to be in the area. They were VERY helpful in the admissions department and arranged for my visit with a week notice.

I did the lunch with students, building tour, and sat in on a class. I really enjoyed my visit and I sat in on a great class.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Nov 2009, 16:31
Ariel

Call the admissions office.They will help you.Even though there were no slots available on the date I requested,they squeezed me in.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 14:56
After submitting Part I of the application last week, I got the invite for an interview today :) From this point on, you can only get class visit WITH an interview invitation and some weeks they have only interviews available, no class visits or campus tours.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 18:01
Got an interview invite too, thanks
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GPA: 2.97
WE: Sales (Computer Software)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 82

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2009, 15:08
My interview was pretty run of the mill, I interviewed with a member of the admissions committee. She was very friendly and nice. She asked me to walk her through my resume, entry by entry. She then asked why I was pursuing an MBA, why UNC, and why now. Then asked me about my future career plans.

Pretty standard stuff. Thought this might be helpful.
Current Student

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Nov 2009, 15:50
Pre777 wrote:
My interview was pretty run of the mill, I interviewed with a member of the admissions committee. She was very friendly and nice. She asked me to walk her through my resume, entry by entry. She then asked why I was pursuing an MBA, why UNC, and why now. Then asked me about my future career plans.

That's very helpful, thanks so much for sharing.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Stanford, Ross, Haas, Fuqua, UNC, Darden

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Nov 2009, 14:01
Pre777 wrote:

I am an applicant for Early Action, please update the roll call.

I had my interview on Oct 28th and my experience was also similar to Pre777's. It was a phone interview with a member of the adcom and he was very friendly. The interview was conversational but detailed.

The areas he focused on are as follows:

Resume(line by line)
Why MBA?
Why UNC?
Career goals
Extracurricular activities
Weaknesses

Nothing too drastically different from what I had prepared for and the politeness and relaxed attitude of the interviewer definitely helped me to express myself well.

Fingers crossed for Dec 14th now!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Nov 2009, 14:25
I’m editing 478th version of my essays and applying to R1. Anyone else? I was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from admission officer offering me help with application process. Did anyone else get this email last week? In the email she typed my first name, so it doesn’t look like a canned email. I will have interview in few weeks.

Is anyone writing optional essay #6? I am not, I think ad com staff has enough to read already.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2009, 11:44
Hi All,
For those of you that applied for Early Action, did you receive an email from UNC regarding the release date of admission decisions?
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler 2010 applicants   [#permalink] 30 Nov 2009, 11:44