Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Sustainability, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
mba87 wrote:
Just got an interview Invite:D

Had my interview today. Good luck! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Other
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
:shock:
They're still giving out invites?!.. whoa! that's good news.. keeps the hope alive...
best of luck !
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
kshitij ghildiyal wrote:
:shock:
They're still giving out invites?!.. whoa! that's good news.. keeps the hope alive...
best of luck !

I was surprised too! Had almost given up hope. But i had about 10-15 interview slots i could choose from in the last week of November upto 2nd December so i'm pretty sure there are a few more invites to go! Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rohankumar92 wrote:
mba87 wrote:
Just got an interview Invite:D

Had my interview today. Good luck! :)

Hi Rohan,

Good luck on the results!

I have my interview on the 2nd of Dec (the last possible day!),

Could you detail your interview (the questions etc) to help us better prepare for them?

Regards,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.91
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
kaustub wrote:

Hi Rohan,

Good luck on the results!

I have my interview on the 2nd of Dec (the last possible day!),

Could you detail your interview (the questions etc) to help us better prepare for them?

Regards,

I interviewed about a month ago. The interview was very conversational in nature. It was basically:
- Walk me through your essay
- Why do you want to get an MBA? Why now?
- Why Kenan-Flagler?
- And then just follow up questions in each of those areas just based on where the conversation headed.

It was pretty conversational and easy. Based on interviews with other schools I was ready for some behavioral type questions like "tell me about a time your group struggled..." or "tell me about a time you were a leader..." But I never got any of those in my interview at Kenan-Flagler. It might still be good to be ready for those kinds of questions, but I think it will be a pretty conversational and not stressful interview for you.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Tuck '18
Send PM
How important are the optional essays. Can indian applicants share their work profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Tuck '18
Send PM
How important are the optional essays. Can indian applicants who got interview invites share their work profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
paraglider wrote:
How important are the optional essays. Can indian applicants who got interview invites share their work profile?

I was wondering the same thing. Anybody has any insight on this?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RNE wrote:
paraglider wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. Anybody has any insight on this?

If you have something that needs to be clarified, use the optional essay!.

Because i got a low CGPA, I used the optional essay to show what i learnt from the blip in my academics and what i have done with those lessons.

Basically, if you are wondering whether to use the essay or not, you probably have to use it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
Is UNC providing application fee waiver based on GMAT score this year as well. I know they were providing it till last year. What's the process to get the fee waiver? Appreciate your help :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 630 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V37
Send PM
Basanti wrote:
Is UNC providing application fee waiver based on GMAT score this year as well. I know they were providing it till last year. What's the process to get the fee waiver? Appreciate your help :)

Yeah, they are providing app fee waiver based on GMAT score. From what i have heard , they are offering for scores 730 and above.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 630 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V37
Send PM
Hi all,

Vijay here from India. I will be submitting my UNC application in couple of days for R2. By the way, we have formed a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for applicants to B schools in US. Anyone interested or who can share their insights into a common platform can ping me at +91-9916255899

Thanks
Vijay
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
vijaysuman4u wrote:
Basanti wrote:

Yeah, they are providing app fee waiver based on GMAT score. From what i have heard , they are offering for scores 730 and above.

Thanks for the information. Any idea on how the waiver is activated?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply

Blast from the Past: Interview debriefs of previous Kenan-Flagler applicants

Re-posting interview debriefs of previous UNC applicants. Hope this will help those who are currently preparing for their interviews.

nalin1 wrote:
Done with my interview with Katie Dunn. It was a 32 mins conversation. Since I was giving crisp and to-the-point answers, she asked me a lot of questions. Some (I do not remember 1-2 questions) of them are-

1) Walk through my resume.
2) She wanted to know more about my time I was in US for work.
3) My career goals
4) How does UNC fit into those goals.
5) Do I work in team? and if yes, what are my roles in that team?
6) What are the challenges you face while working in a team?
7) What do you think makes a successful team?
8) If you could change one thing from undergrad to present, what would it be? ( I told that I could have taken up some course in Physics, as I love Physics)
9) Why Computer Science? (I am a computer science graduate)
10) In your professional life, what is one thing that you want to improve, and what have you done for it?
11) What do you do in your spare time?
12) How do you take care of work-ethics at John Deere? (I did not understand the question well, so was not able to answer it properly)

Then, Any questions that I may have. I asked 2 questions, one professional and one non-professional.

Over all it was less of a conversation and more of a ques-ans session. She told me in the beginning that we have only 30 mins. Over all she was nice and did not grill me too much. :) :) :) :)

AFMan916 wrote:
I know I don't post much but this forum was so helpful in my grad school prep I thought I would contribute with my interview experience!

Had my interview tonight at 7PM; actually just finished up about a half hour ago.

Interviewer was John Hughes, a very cordial and welcoming man who made me feel at ease. He initiated the call about 5 min early, as I was already online with Skype and sitting at my desk going over some notes. When he called, I had a moment where I froze and thought "OH MAN I'M SO UNPREPARED" but I pulled it together, accepted the call, and took a deep breath...

The interview itself was wonderful! John was incredibly warm and conversational and overall is an excellent interviewer. He seems to have a natural ability to set people at ease and get them engaged in the conversation.

Here are the questions I can remember he asked:

Where are you from/tell me about your hometown?
What activities did you engage in during high school?
Walk me through your resume.
If I had a conversation with your favorite recommender, how would he answer these two questions?
What two single words would you use to describe AFMan916?
What would you say AFMan916 should improve upon?
What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Do you feel your GMAT and GPA are truly representative of your abilities?
What are your short term goals?
What is your ultimate long-term goal (in 30 years, things have gone according to plan, what are you doing?)
You've been given an impromptu day off, how do you spend it?
Why Kenan Flagler?
Why MBA?
Any questions for me?

Overall, a wonderful experience and great interviewer. For those of you who have the privilege of speaking with John Hughes, you're in for a treat!

ankurgupta03 wrote:
It was a blind interview and the interviewer (Julie Wiley) had just my Resume.
Here are the questions:

1. Walk me through your Resume.
2. Job responsibilities
3. Long term short term goals
4. Leadership and team work and work place
5. How does UNC fit it.
6. Activities related to goal outside work place
7. Leadership initiative and the important traits of a leader.
8. Extra curricular activities.
9. Any question for us

I think those were the main questions.
It was very interactive, where in she gave me useful inputs.

I feel that she spoke more than I did :)

All the best to all
Do let me know if you need more specific details.

MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply

Blast from the Past: Helpful posts of previous Kenan-Flagler applicants

For "Why Kenan-Flagler" essay.

MBADecoder wrote:
JaySean wrote:
Hey

How should one approach the question 'Why this school'? What all can be included in the answer, and what all should not be part of it?

Appreciate the help!

Hi JaySean,

The best "Why our school" answers are the ones that are research led. When you talk to students/ alumni from the school, there's a lot of information that you can get from them which can speak to the resources an MBA program has to offer specifically for YOU.

I find using this information as the best way to present your case for "Why MBA". It also tell the admissions team that you have taken the pains to find out about their program and are considering it seriously.
If you are not able to connect with students, no worries. Most b-schools have an admissions/students' blog and have tonnes of material uploaded on You Tube- you will find a lot of information there, which will help you to know the school better.

Some of the specifics that you can build into your answer are:

a. Curriculum - core/ electives
b. Specialization
c. Networking/ career opportunities
d. Projects/ experiential learning opportunities
e. Clubs etc.

To add to this, its never too bad to tell a b-school what you will bring to the table. MBA education is a two way process- you take some and you give some.

Hope that helps.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Recently interviewed applicants mind sharing their interview experiences at UNC?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Guys - Please join me in welcoming arunmechie as a Thread Master for Kenan-Flagler MBA Thread. We are thrilled to have him on the site and joining the Thread Master ranks. He joined GMAT Club community in 2015 and has since then demonstrated leadership and helpfulness in forum discussions. He has applied to few schools, including UNC, this year and has also received interview invites from UNC and McCombs.

If anyone has any questions about UNC's school forum, deadlines, school stats, feel free to PM him. For now, welcome him and wish him best of luck as the ThreadMaster.

Best Regards,
Narenn
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts