Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
Re: Calling all (UNC) Kenan-Flagler Applicants - Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
RG800 wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:
ahmalj wrote:
Anyway, you should definitely not quit before getting acceptance from one of the school's you'd definitely attend.

This, unless you were planning on seeking a new job anyhow.

I've been at my job for close to 5 years. Assuming that I attend KF program starting July or August this year, what would be a safe time range for me to resign? I'm looking to fulfill a few interests and get some mental rest.

Only you can answer that, honestly. I've heard of people who resigned as soon as they got accepted, and some who resigned a week before classes start.

The school will not change their mind, but the employer's will take a look at that gap and I'm sure that they've seen cases of both long/short breaks so as I said if you have a good explanation then do it when you're comfortable.

I think a lot of people do it 2 months before, but if you're an international student that means you'll probably not have much of a mental rest since you're going to be moving and that'll take around a couple of weeks to move from your country to the US (packing, getting your visa, looking at places to live) plus you'll want to arrive at least a week before classes start. In summary, it usually takes around 6 weeks to do all the process of moving so quitting only 2 months before might not be applicable in your case. Again, you have to make that decision since no one knows when it's time except you.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 352 [1]
Send PM
Kudos

Students at the University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School are going to invest real money using socially responsible principles through a new $250,00o public equity fund managed by both MBAs and undergrads.

UNC Kenan-Flagler has a variety of student-run funds that collectively manage more than $12 million. Each fund has a distinct investment strategy, but the goal for all of them is to achieve superior returns while providing students with a unique educational experience. Students have access to all aspects of the fund management and investment analysis, and those experiences and the skills they develop prepare them for careers in investing.

Working with the Applied Investment Management’s (AIM) Global Perspectives Fund, a $2.5 million hedge fund, a select group of students will manage the new funds using socially responsible investment (SRI) principles.

“This social-impact fund is a wonderful intersection of areas for which UNC Kenan-Flagler has a long track record of excellence: investment management, sustainability and real-life learning,” says Carol Hee, director of the Center for Sustainable Enterprise at UNC Kenan-Flagler, in a recent media statement. “Our students will be able to test their hypotheses about what makes one company better than another using the triple bottom line as the metric.”

“Even students who wouldn’t describe themselves as ‘interested in sustainability’ will benefit from exposure to this new investment strategy,” says Chip Snively, a finance professor at UNC Kenan-Flagler. “After participating in the AIM program, our graduates are well equipped to add value to the organizations that hire them.”

Details on investment policy, fund operational procedures and social impact goals for the fund will be established by students with an expected launch during the 2015-16 academic year.
You may also be interested in:
UNC Kenan-Flagler’s History of Sustainable Enterprise

If you are looking for guidance on your MBA application, Stacy Blackman Consulting can help with hourly and comprehensive consulting services. Contact us to learn more. Visit the website for Stacy Blackman Reviews, and check out the company’s e-publications for more in depth school-by-school guidance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Schools: Olin '17 (M$)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
RG800 wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:
ahmalj wrote:
Anyway, you should definitely not quit before getting acceptance from one of the school's you'd definitely attend.

I've been at my job for close to 5 years. Assuming that I attend KF program starting July or August this year, what would be a safe time range for me to resign? I'm looking to fulfill a few interests and get some mental rest.

Well, on a lighter note, in India with 2-3 months of notice period being the norm, one wouldn't have much of a choice I guess! Hope it's not the case with you :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know how we should proceed in order to apply for the no cosigner loan for international students?

All info I could find online was that there is an selection process and only a few people can get it...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Send PM
PTK wrote:
FingersCrossed4KF wrote:
So https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/en/adm ... ships.aspx states that fellowship notifications are sent out 7-10 days after the decision release date. But there is a notification of fellowships appearing on decision release date. Does that mean just specific information comes out within 7-10 days but you know right away whether or not you receive a fellowship? Or does that mean there are other possibilities that can come up within 7-10 days?

Please look again on the web-site "Every admissions applicant is automatically reviewed for fellowship consideration. Fellowship notifications are sent out 7-10 days after the decision release for each deadline."

Taking into account information above and fellowship status, saying
Quote:
You have not been selected for a merit fellowship at this time. Additional awards may be made before the enrollment deposit due date. You will be notified by email if you have been selected to receive an award.

should one wait till March, 23-26 or it is time to poke adcom in order to ask some $$?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.52
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
alwayswaiting wrote:
ahmalj wrote:

I'm in this boat - left my job a couple months ago, but have good reasons for doing so (brief summary is that my previous job wasn't providing me with all the necessary skills to reach my long-term goal). I'm also completely changing industries. I'm looking for jobs in my new industry while applying for MBA programs (already mid-way through the interview process for a couple), but my first choice would be to get my MBA.

As for when to leave, just know yourself and your situation. I don't think it's too harmful to leave early, but make sure you're making good use of your time if you leave 'significantly early' (however, IMO we have already passed the 'significantly early' threshold, so leaving now shouldn't be a problem). That said, I'm no expert here, so feel free to get advice from others as well. For all you know I could've greatly hurt my future employability with my move (although I'd still not regret leaving my position at my hedge fund)!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know how to go about if one has to negotiate the scholarship offer?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM
Hi,

Did anyone try creating their Onyen? I get the "Username and/or password incorrect. Please try again." error every time I try creating it.

Any help will be much appreciated.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
distressedDamsel wrote:
Hi,

Did anyone try creating their Onyen? I get the "Username and/or password incorrect. Please try again." error every time I try creating it.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I have created one, you should find create new or smth like this
now you are on the wrong page
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
"Fellowship notifications are sent out 7-10 days after the decision release for each deadline."

The deadline is today. Have you guys received anything on this regard from UNC?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats to everyone who was accepted at Kenan-Flagler and good luck to everyone who is on the waitlist. I have good news for everyone on the waitlist,Kenan-Flagler has the highest acceptance rate off the waitlist for top schools.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Send PM
PTK wrote:
"Fellowship notifications are sent out 7-10 days after the decision release for each deadline."

The deadline is today. Have you guys received anything on this regard from UNC?

Nothing here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.19
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Anyone have a sense for MBB recruiting / how many people on average get recruited per year? I checked the UNC KFSB web page and it gives some data but wanted to know if there was more and peoples thoughts on UNC KFSB for MBB consulting.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Send PM
asgillette wrote:
Anyone have a sense for MBB recruiting / how many people on average get recruited per year? I checked the UNC KFSB web page and it gives some data but wanted to know if there was more and peoples thoughts on UNC KFSB for MBB consulting.

Hi asgillette. You can find the career stats in the following link:

https://info.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/unc-kenan-flagler-mba-student-employment-spreadsheet?utm_campaign=fy14-mba-pre-prospects&utm_content=Launch_Career&utm_source=website&
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Send PM
Congrats to the class of 2017! I took myself off the waitlist today as I have decided to go ahead with UCLA. Hope that frees up a spot for someone, best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
Congrats to everyone who has been admitted so far and good luck to those of you still going through the process! I'm excited to share that https://www.tripweave.com has officially launched. We are bringing awesome pre-MBA travel experiences to a select group of schools that don’t yet have them, including Kenan-Flagler. Signups are currently open for trips taking off this fall (deadline to register is May 4th) so please check out our site or email us at info@tripweave.com to see if any of our trips pique your interest! Options include Iceland, Tanzania and Thailand, among others :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Kudos
Hey fellas!

I have declined my offer as I'm headed to Emory. I hope it helps someone on the waitlist.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts