Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 04:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2008, 15:58
Ntang wrote:
Anyone else get this "Alpha Challenge" invitation to apply email? Worth it? No?

Speaking of emails, did anyone get this one?

Quote:
Dear XXXXXX,

Congratulations on your decision to pursue an MBA this year! We are happy to see that you have started an application to UNC Kenan-Flagler. We are also impressed with your solid performance on the GMAT, and wanted to let you know that your GMAT score is within the range of scores achieved by candidates who earned merit fellowships to attend the full-time MBA Program at The University of North Carolina's Kenan-Flagler Business School. I'd like to tell you more about Kenan-Flagler's Merit Fellowships and The Falls Prize.

I never sent them my GMAT score OR entered it into the online app, so how can they consider my score "solid"? :roll:

RF

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2008, 10:10
Yeah, I got that too. I assumed they either skimmed it from my (as yet unsubmitted) application or from the scores I sent. Good to know they take me seriously as an applicant.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross, Kellogg, Darden (i/v)

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2008, 10:19
refurb wrote:
Ntang wrote:
Anyone else get this "Alpha Challenge" invitation to apply email? Worth it? No?

Speaking of emails, did anyone get this one?

Quote:
Dear XXXXXX,

Congratulations on your decision to pursue an MBA this year! We are happy to see that you have started an application to UNC Kenan-Flagler. We are also impressed with your solid performance on the GMAT, and wanted to let you know that your GMAT score is within the range of scores achieved by candidates who earned merit fellowships to attend the full-time MBA Program at The University of North Carolina's Kenan-Flagler Business School. I'd like to tell you more about Kenan-Flagler's Merit Fellowships and The Falls Prize.

I never sent them my GMAT score OR entered it into the online app, so how can they consider my score "solid"? :roll:

RF

I got both these emails too.. Do they send the second email to everybody or only to people who've score above a certain level? I have a 7xx GMAT btw.. Others?
Current Student
Schools: Duke
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2008, 11:50
Anyone applying to (or heard back from) the Inside Kenan-Flagler program for this year?

"Bee" your best!

Current Student
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2008, 14:05
I too got both the alpha email and the scholarship email. I'm not sure what their distribution list for those was. Is anyone else here going to the Preview Day on Saturday?
VP
VP

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2008, 20:26
Ntang wrote:
Yeah, I got that too. I assumed they either skimmed it from my (as yet unsubmitted) application or from the scores I sent. Good to know they take me seriously as an applicant.

I think it's a form letter everyone gets.

From what I can tell, they have no idea what my GMAT score is. I didn't send them my score or put it in my unsubmitted app.

RF

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2008, 17:36
Guys,

I had initiated the UNC application a few weeks back. Looking at the online app, I had assumed that you need to submit $135 before you schedule your interview. But a few minutes back, I was able to schedule without making the payment. I am myself confused as to how this happened. I filled in all the information in Part 1 and submitted part 1. For submission, it does not mandate making the payment. After submission, I came to the payment screen, and here I clicked "Pay by Credit Card" button, after which I came to the authentication screen. Here I clicked the browser back button. I thought, I will call them tomorrow and confirm whether the payment is really required. Before logging out, I thought what the heck, let me just try click the Interview link. I clicked it and voila ! I was able to schedule. I got a confirmation email too.

Now I don't know whether this is a bug in their online app, or the way the application is structured, it appears misleading that you need to make the payment. Anyhow, I will be calling the Admissions office and confirming my position.

Ranjit
VP
VP

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2008, 18:00
rgajare14 wrote:
Before logging out, I thought what the heck, let me just try click the Interview link. I clicked it and voila ! I was able to schedule. I got a confirmation email too.

You hacker! :wink:

Anyways, I'm very interested to know if the payment is required. From everything I read on the website, you can't schedule an interview without submitting part I and part I requires $$$!

RF

Current Student

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2008, 17:33
Has anyone interviewed at Kenan-Flagler yet?

Also, for those of you considering Kenan-Flagler, where else are you applying?
VP
VP

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2008, 17:54
johncoctostan wrote:
Has anyone interviewed at Kenan-Flagler yet?

Also, for those of you considering Kenan-Flagler, where else are you applying?

I'll be applying to UNC in January. I'm also applying to Tuck, Duke and Michigan. UNC has a great reputation with the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, so it makes for a good school to round out my apps.

RF

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2008, 08:27
Hello everyone applying to UNC!

Does anyone know if UNC starts to mail decisions out prior to the notification date??? Or does UNC wait until the notification date to release ALL decisions.

Any other first rounders on here???

Thanks and Good Luck!!!
Current Student

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2008, 12:19
I am applying R1 as well... I am not sure whether UNC notifies admitted students before their posted decision notification deadline date though. If you find out, please share that information with everyone on this thread.
Manager
Manager
Schools: UNC class of 2010

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2008, 14:33
Nope, UNC only notifies applicants via email on the decision date, usually about 10am. The only exception is in the later rounds if you receive a major fellowship I think. Best of luck. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Director
Director
Schools: Duke 2012
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 116 [0], given: 16

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2008, 15:09
I'm trying to plan a visit around a trip I already have planned out that way.

There are a few classes available - Operations, Marketing, and Business Strategy - all both at 9:30 & 2. Any suggestions?

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." - Frank Leahy

Manager
Manager
Schools: UNC class of 2010

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2008, 15:56
Well our second Mod starts tommorrow so that will be my first day of class, hence its hard for me to judge right now. All of the courses are heavily case based so I think each should be rather entertaining. I'll be in strategy at 2pm. Overall I would say go with whichever subject interests you the most.
Current Student

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2008, 17:39
Thanks, MBAHunter. After writing my previous post last night I read this note on their website:

Quote:
Decisions are also posted online by 5 p.m. on the decision mailing dates.

and...

Quote:
Requests for admissions decisions before the decision release dates cannot be granted.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2008, 06:58
early round applicant here:

Male, Indian, Project Manager - Top U.S. IT company, 8 yrs work ex, last 5 years in U.S.
GMAT 760 (99%, 95%)
so so exracurricular.
Target : Mgmt consulting

Already interviewed.
VP
VP

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 02 Nov 2008, 17:13
Quote:
In certain cases, the admissions committee may use an unofficial copy of transcripts to render a decision on an applicant. If the applicant is admitted, the applicant must later provide the official transcript before he/she can enroll.

Do I really have to send in official transcripts when I apply? They won't just accept an electronic copy?

RF

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tuck, Ross (R1), Duke, Tepper, ISB (R2), Kenan Flagler (R2)

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2008, 06:04
refurb wrote:
Quote:
In certain cases, the admissions committee may use an unofficial copy of transcripts to render a decision on an applicant. If the applicant is admitted, the applicant must later provide the official transcript before he/she can enroll.

Do I really have to send in official transcripts when I apply? They won't just accept an electronic copy?

RF

These lines are definitely confusing.
From the first line "In certain ..... an applicant", I gather that they need the official transcript with the application.
From the second line "If the applicant ... enroll", it seems that they do accept unofficial transcripts with the application.
I am confused :beat
VP
VP

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2008, 13:38
rgajare14 wrote:
These lines are definitely confusing.
From the first line "In certain ..... an applicant", I gather that they need the official transcript with the application.
From the second line "If the applicant ... enroll", it seems that they do accept unofficial transcripts with the application.
I am confused :beat

I'm going to do the official transcripts just to get it over with.

I'm a little ticked though, they said that all "supplemental material" needs to be send to the school in "one envelope". Well, I'm having my transcripts sent directly from my undergrad and graduate schools to UNC. I think they can figure it out.

RF

Re: Calling all UNC Kenan-Flagler Fall 2009 Applicants!   [#permalink] 03 Nov 2008, 13:38