Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 21:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all US Military Fall 2014 Applicants!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Leadership
GPA: 3.1
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all US Military Fall 2014 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Apr 2014, 10:28
Hey Active Duty personnel and Vets!

I just applied to UC Irvine, MSU Broad, Rice and Texas A&M, all in the Last rounds. Already had interviews with Irvine, MSU, Rice last week and waiting on TA&M interview invite. I do not have the highest GMAT, but I do have a wealth of experience (7+ years as a Supply Officer in the Navy, Contracting Officer, 2011 Japanese Tsunami, 30-countries of international experience), spent a month at Darden for a Navy executive MBA course and I went to a great undergrad California University. Currently stationed in the Middle-East. I let you know what schools I get into, if any. However, I applied to MSU because of their SCM program. I applied to Rice and TA&M because of their strong employment statistics and international business rankings. I applied to UC Irvine because it is very close to home and has 100% employment guarantee after 6-months, but sadly, not a Veterans Business Association. Rice and MSU have great Veterans associations, like Darden, so hopefully I'll get accepted to one of those schools. 100% post 9/11 GI Bill.

I'll keep you informed.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Finance
GPA: 3
WE: Medicine and Health (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all US Military Fall 2014 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 13 Jul 2014, 09:39
I know this sounds crazy, but is ANYONE in here doing MBA & ROTC?

Military medic who dreams of business school. Hey, medicine ain't for everyone you know...

Director
Director
Affiliations: HBS Class of 2013
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 118 [0], given: 4

Premium Member
Re: Calling all US Military Fall 2014 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 14 Jul 2014, 07:45
fezha wrote:
I know this sounds crazy, but is ANYONE in here doing MBA & ROTC?

I seriously doubt it would be possible, and I can't even think of a way that it would be beneficial to either your military or civilian career. What are your reasons for considering that route?

http://www.militarytobusiness.com/

Current Student
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '15 (M)
GRE 1: 305 Q151 V154
GRE 2: 316 Q156 V160
GRE 3: 318 Q156 V162
GPA: 3.07
WE: Other (Military & Defense)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all US Military Fall 2014 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2014, 00:36
MIT Sloan will be hosting a Veteran recruiting event in San Diego on August 22. The sign up link and event details are below. PM me if you have any questions.

https://register.applyyourself.com/?id= ... 5291&rid=1

Date: 8/22/14

Title: MIT Sloan on the Road for Veterans - San Diego
Description:Innovation, Collaboration and Global Impact are the heart of
the MIT Sloan mission. Join an admissions representative at the MIT Sloan
Veteran's Sloan on the Road to hear how our mission-driven School inspires
cutting-edge thinking and prepares the next generation of principled
leaders. Learn about the entrepreneurial spirit of our community and
opportunities to customize your learning experience. Engage with local
veteran alumni and current student Veterans as they share their stories
and talk about life after MIT Sloan.

6:30 - 6:45 p.m. Registration

6:45 - 7:45 p.m. Admissions Presentation and Alumni Panel

7:45 - 8:30 p.m. Network with Admissions staff, alumni, and fellow
applicants
Where:San Diego, CA Location:San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina
333 W Harbor Dr
San Diego, CA 92101
Tel: (619) 234-1500
Intern
Intern
GMAT Date: 09-19-2014
GPA: 2.67

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling all US Military Fall 2014 Applicants! [#permalink] New post 27 Jul 2014, 07:49
Are there any enlisted military folks who have applied with low GPA's and been successful? I have yet to take the GMAT, but I've been studying for a couple weeks and plan on putting in at least 14 hours a week for 2 months in preparation because I know I have to crush it. I'd be interested in hearing any advice that could help in my application process!
Re: Calling all US Military Fall 2014 Applicants!   [#permalink] 27 Jul 2014, 07:49