Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I received both today via email, good luck to everyone!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UWA-Foster Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
So as I understand, having both invites is the most ideal situation to be in at the moment. Having only a video invite, while it may not be the best situation, is still something. So those with a video invite only - I guess we have to work extra hard on that interview and try to score a real interview invite. And those without any invite, I reckon that almost half the invites are still to go out (looking at the stats), so hang in there.

P.S : Anyone from previous rounds with only a video interview invite, if you could tell us what it means that would really help.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nitishgera wrote:
So as I understand, having both invites is the most ideal situation to be in at the moment. Having only a video invite, while it may not be the best situation, is still something. So those with a video invite only - I guess we have to work extra hard on that interview and try to score a real interview invite. And those without any invite, I reckon that almost half the invites are still to go out (looking at the stats), so hang in there.

P.S : Anyone from previous rounds with only a video interview invite, if you could tell us what it means that would really help.

Hi nitish,
thanks for the update and good luck with your video interview.
Also, how did you arrive at the stats that more than half the invites are yet to be sent out?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
jayanthjanardhan wrote:
nitishgera wrote:

Hi nitish,
Also, how did you arrive at the stats that more than half the invites are yet to be sent out?

I checked the percentage of applicants (on GC) invited to interview this year and last year. It ranges from 40% to 60%. It may not be the best way but it does give a rough idea.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So anyone with any invites today?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nitishgera wrote:
jayanthjanardhan wrote:
nitishgera wrote:

Hi nitish,

I checked the percentage of applicants (on GC) invited to interview this year and last year. It ranges from 40% to 60%. It may not be the best way but it does give a rough idea.

Hi nitish, can you please give me a link to where you checked this?... I Could not find it
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
jayanthjanardhan you can check this from the table given in the first post of this thread. Each applicant thread has this table.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Anyone who has conpleted the video interview? Can you please share your experience in brief ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just got done with the video interview. The web app glitched out after my answer to the first question at the "Saving Response" screen. So my first response didn't get recorded. As a result, I had to answer 3 questions (with the answer to the first not being saved). Here are my 3 questions :

1) [CANCELLED] What is one piece of advice that has influenced you and how?
2) [SAVED] Who is your role model and why?
3) [SAVED] What are the challenges of working in a team?

I had seen all these questions in the question bank posted previously so I guess if you do that there shouldn't been any surprises. All the best!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
This sounds great nitishgera
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Organizational Behavior, Human Resources
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V46
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
@Rot111, thanks a ton for the interview question list. Very helpful.

To those who are counting, I got invited to the video and the admission interviews on the same day, February 4. I applied about 1 hour before the Jan 15 deadline. 9 years WE in finance/accounting. High GMAT, OK grades, great recommendations.

My gut instinct is that being invited to both at the same time is a good indicator, but being invited to video is also very positive -- you're still in the running. Seize that opportunity, prepare thoroughly for the video interview, and turn it into an invitation to the second interview (what other choice do you have?). Good luck to all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
done with video interview:
practice question:
1.What would you cook for your friends for a dinner party
2.If you receive a large sum of money, how would you spend it and why?
interview question:
1.What will you miss from the current job at Foster if you get admitted?
2.Describe a time in your career when you went out of your way to help a client or colleague.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hey all! Just done my video interview. My questions were not on the list of the questions I found here, but the list helped me a lot on training and finding the best way to answer.

1. What have you learned or taught yourself in the latest years?
2. How did I you discovered your latest job and what contributed most for you to held this position?

My advice is: practice a lot and use the list of this forum to do it. It helped me a lot!

Luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.27
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Done with video interview with questions being
1) What are your interests or hobbies outside work
2) Time when your work was criticized

Admission interview in March second week at shanghai..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 710 Q50 V35
Send PM
Done with Video Interview.
1. Tell us something that we should know and is not mentioned in your resume
2. Time when your work was criticized
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
Got done with my video interview. I finished both my answers in 1 min 5 secs when 1 min 30 secs were allotted. Any downside to this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.89
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Done with the video interview..
have scheduled the skype one for 20 feb...
I got questions from the old bank..
1) 3 Adjectives, Why?
2) What project you took w/o being asked to?

Hope this helps.. Good luck everyone still left..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  21   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts