Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 20:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Interviewed
Joined: 27 May 2011
Posts: 3
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Owen '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 2.7
WE: General Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2012, 05:45
Woo-Hoo! I was offered Admission this morning! I've already paid the enrollment fee. What a weight off my shoulders. I can't wait!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 141
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 21

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2012, 03:17
The school sent me scanned copy of my admission binder. :D
16 april is deposit deadline.

I have been spending so much time for applications, now I have no idea, what I am supposed to do to finalize admissions, finances etc. :oops:

Is there a facebook group for 2012 class?
_________________

I am ready to fall, but not before I fly.

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 143
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 500 Q30 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.09
WE: Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2012, 03:27
alpeshvc wrote:
The school sent me scanned copy of my admission binder. :D
16 april is deposit deadline.

I have been spending so much time for applications, now I have no idea, what I am supposed to do to finalize admissions, finances etc. :oops:

Is there a facebook group for 2012 class?

I was told that the e-mail will be sent out next week about the facebook group for class of 2014.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Jun 2009
Posts: 141
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 21

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2012, 03:41
goodbyeboy wrote:
alpeshvc wrote:
The school sent me scanned copy of my admission binder. :D
16 april is deposit deadline.

I have been spending so much time for applications, now I have no idea, what I am supposed to do to finalize admissions, finances etc. :oops:

Is there a facebook group for 2012 class?

I was told that the e-mail will be sent out next week about the facebook group for class of 2014.


Ok. thanks for Info.

So are you going to join Owen? Have you made a decision? Are you international candidate?
I still have 1/2 interviews and decisions pending.
_________________

I am ready to fall, but not before I fly.

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 143
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 500 Q30 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.09
WE: Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Mar 2012, 04:04
alpeshvc wrote:
goodbyeboy wrote:
alpeshvc wrote:
The school sent me scanned copy of my admission binder. :D
16 april is deposit deadline.

I have been spending so much time for applications, now I have no idea, what I am supposed to do to finalize admissions, finances etc. :oops:

Is there a facebook group for 2012 class?

I was told that the e-mail will be sent out next week about the facebook group for class of 2014.


Ok. thanks for Info.

So are you going to join Owen? Have you made a decision? Are you international candidate?
I still have 1/2 interviews and decisions pending.

I haven't decided yet. I'll have to see whether I receive an invitation from the last school.....hopefully I will.

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 176
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2012, 00:11
Received my admit binder last week...I probably won't make my decision until early April...
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 143
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 500 Q30 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.09
WE: Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2012, 23:24
RG0105 wrote:
Received my admit binder last week...I probably won't make my decision until early April...

I was accepted last November and still haven't received my admit binder..... :-D interactions I had with Owen's administration isn't the best, at least from an international applicant's point of view.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Posts: 3
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 4
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2012, 15:15
I feel kinda silly asking this, but when they say they're offering me an $x scholarship, does that mean $x per year or $x total?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 39
Location: United States
Concentration: Leadership, Nonprofit
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2012, 17:07
I think it means per year. Did they send it to you in an email?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Jan 2012
Posts: 3
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
GPA: 4
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2012, 18:53
mattfrommorocco wrote:
I think it means per year. Did they send it to you in an email?



That's what they told me over the phone. I haven't received the binder yet.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 139
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 40

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2012, 18:59
goodbyeboy wrote:
RG0105 wrote:
Received my admit binder last week...I probably won't make my decision until early April...

I was accepted last November and still haven't received my admit binder..... :-D interactions I had with Owen's administration isn't the best, at least from an international applicant's point of view.

My experience with Owen is good so far. Courtney is nice and supportive.
Have you made decisions yet? I got admitted this year but it is likely that I will re-apply next year. Congrats to those who got admitted!

Last edited by DavidArchuleta on 11 Mar 2012, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 39
Location: United States
Concentration: Leadership, Nonprofit
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2012, 19:04
Are you re-applying because you are hoping for more scholarship money?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 139
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 40

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2012, 19:09
mattfrommorocco wrote:
Are you re-applying because you are hoping for more scholarship money?

Yes.
How about you? You have super great GMAT score.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 39
Location: United States
Concentration: Leadership, Nonprofit
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2012, 19:12
I have not gotten the binder yet so I don't know if I got a scholarship. And thank I was happy with the score :-).
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Dec 2011
Posts: 39
Location: United States
Concentration: Leadership, Nonprofit
WE: Education (Education)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2012, 19:13
Your score is just as good :-)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Posts: 139
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: 740 Q51 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 40

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2012, 19:36
mattfrommorocco wrote:
I have not gotten the binder yet so I don't know if I got a scholarship. And thank I was happy with the score :-).

I got the info about scholarship in an email. If you can wait, just email an admission officer. They are very supportive :) I guess you will have a good scholarship with such a good score.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2011
Posts: 14
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.09
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2012, 22:55
I am in. :)
_________________

what's the rush, if we are building something for eternity.

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 12 Jan 2012
Posts: 176
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 09:32
bobertodom wrote:
I feel kinda silly asking this, but when they say they're offering me an $x scholarship, does that mean $x per year or $x total?

Posted from my mobile device Image


Generally it means per year...it should be 1-year renewable.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 143
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 500 Q30 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.09
WE: Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 02:48
DavidArchuleta wrote:
goodbyeboy wrote:
RG0105 wrote:
Received my admit binder last week...I probably won't make my decision until early April...

I was accepted last November and still haven't received my admit binder..... :-D interactions I had with Owen's administration isn't the best, at least from an international applicant's point of view.

My experience with Owen is good so far. Courtney is nice and supportive.
Have you made decisions yet? I got admitted this year but it is likely that I will re-apply next year. Congrats to those who got admitted!

Courtney was/is fabulous - was talking more about administrative/office part of Owen.

Haven't made decisions yet - still waiting to hear back from my last school, but I might postpone my MBA til next year as well due to many reasons.....
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 80
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.45
WE: General Management (Law)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 1

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 15:54
One of the Owen support staff has/had a family emergency and I think that is the reason everythings been a little bit off this kilter this season.
_________________

Feel free to read about my progress

http://20somethingsmba.blogspot.com/

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2012, 15:54
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
57 Experts publish their posts in the topic Owen (Vanderbilt) Class of 2016 Calling all applicants! nishant1006 241 25 Apr 2013, 07:59
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Owen - Vanderbilt 2011 Applicants/Admits treehugger 58 09 Dec 2010, 14:15
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants dzyubam 184 29 Jul 2011, 05:22
16 Experts publish their posts in the topic Vanderbilt (Owen) 2013 - Calling All Applicants fv113 181 22 Oct 2012, 04:08
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 185 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.