Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 11:33

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
CIO
CIO
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 660 [0], given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2011, 05:22
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Add Your Name to the List

Vanderbilt (Owen) Applicant Summary (Real Time)

Quick Glance: GMAT Club vs. Latest Intake (Class of 2013)

Detailed Applicant List: Add Yourself to This List (add Owen to your profile)

GMAT Club's Real-time Admissions Statistics

Add Your Profile to This List
Questions about this Roll Call?

Welcome to GMAT Club! :)
Facebook TwitterGoogle+LinkedIn
Want to solve GMAT questions on the go? GMAT Club iPhone app will help.
Please read this before posting in GMAT Club Tests forum
Result correlation between real GMAT and GMAT Club Tests
Are GMAT Club Test sets ordered in any way?

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 500 Q30 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.09
WE: Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 13

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2011, 08:18
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys,

I was surprised to see that there was no post on this thread...how did the interviews go for you guys? Good luck everybody :-D
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE: General Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 10

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2011, 12:33
goodbyeboy wrote:
Hey guys,

I was surprised to see that there was no post on this thread...how did the interviews go for you guys? Good luck everybody :-D

I was surprised as well. I guess there's not much to post. Interview I had was very laid back and easy going. Anyone else?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2011, 18:28
This post received
KUDOS
KPrizzle wrote:
goodbyeboy wrote:
Hey guys,

I was surprised as well. I guess there's not much to post. Interview I had was very laid back and easy going. Anyone else?

Same here - the interviewer was really nice and easy going and made me feel really comfortable. So far I love the vibe I'm getting from Owen.....fingers crossed until 11/22! Can't wait to find out the decision.
Manager
Manager

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2011, 17:27
goodbyeboy wrote:
KPrizzle wrote:
goodbyeboy wrote:
Hey guys,

Same here - the interviewer was really nice and easy going and made me feel really comfortable. So far I love the vibe I'm getting from Owen.....fingers crossed until 11/22! Can't wait to find out the decision.

Anything interesting these days for anyone? No? Nothing?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 13

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2011, 07:47
Nothing yet. I was worried b/c it took them a while to update my application status checklist, but looks like everything's checked and I guess all I have to do is wait now. I can't wait to hear back from the school....fingers crossed until 11/22.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.93
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2011, 09:07
has anyone received the email from Owen? The waiting is killing me
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 13

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2011, 12:16
CJ703 wrote:
has anyone received the email from Owen? The waiting is killing me

Same here. Nothing yet. I wonder what's going on?

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2011, 13:04
This post received
KUDOS
Just checked MyOwen site and it says "Your Application Status: Offered Admission".....PHEW! I can breathe now. :-D I haven't received an e-mail from them yet though, so make sure to check the site.

Good luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 21

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2011, 21:57
goodbyeboy wrote:
Just checked MyOwen site and it says "Your Application Status: Offered Admission".....PHEW! I can breathe now. :-D I haven't received an e-mail from them yet though, so make sure to check the site.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations goodbyeboy!

I am applying to Owen in R2. If it OK for you, could you share your interview exp. and 2 cents about university?

I am ready to fall, but not before I fly.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2011, 06:55
This post received
KUDOS
alpeshvc wrote:
goodbyeboy wrote:

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations goodbyeboy!

I am applying to Owen in R2. If it OK for you, could you share your interview exp. and 2 cents about university?

Hey thanks! It sure is a big relief for me. Owen's interview, at least one I had, was super chill, laid back interview. It was with one of the associate director of admissions who came to my city during their tour and she was really nice and well prepared, meaning she actually read my resume and profile well in advance so I didn't need to explain or go through my resume at all. Couple of questions I can remember are why Owen, what other schools I am applying, what I would do if one of teammates was slacking, what I do to learn about new cultures and diversity, and the last question was whether I wanted to add something about my personal traits that weren't addressed in my resume or essays for adcom to know.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and we had a great chat. Probably because I lived and worked in Nashville so we had more things in common. Vanderbilt is a great university and when I visited Owen this summer I had a great experience. Also, Nashville is a great town - so much stuff to do especially with music, nice folks, and so much cheaper to live compare to other cities. Vanderbilt also has their own music festival called Rites of Spring which I am looking forward to be a part of since I come from the music industry.

Let me know if you have any other questions - good luck! :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2011, 03:47
Submitted!!!

Eat like a Pig, Lift like a Demon & Sleep like Dead.............

Manager
Manager

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 06:49
Any action recently? I'm just waiting on a decision still.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Owen '14 (S)
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 10:43
Same here. I submitted on Nov. 28 (Round 2 deadline) and when I check the MyOwen site the "Your Application Status and Decision" section is just blank. When I visited campus one of the admissions officers told me they try to get decisions out before winter break so that people can discuss their options with family members over the holidays. I guess that all depends on the number of apps they received for Round 2 though. Anyone else hear back yet??

Last edited by cfieldy7 on 07 Dec 2011, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 10:51
cfieldy7 wrote:
Same here. I submitted on Nov. 28 (Round 2 deadline) and when I check the MyOwen site the "Your Application Status and Decision" section is just blank. When I visited campus one of the admissions officers told me they try to get decisions out before winter break so that people can discuss their options with family members over the holidays. Anyone else hear back yet??

I applied for the same deadline and have received interview invite. I think I received it on 1st/2nd Dec. Though my status has not changed at My Owen page.

Manager
Manager

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 12:14
alpeshvc wrote:
cfieldy7 wrote:
Same here. I submitted on Nov. 28 (Round 2 deadline) and when I check the MyOwen site the "Your Application Status and Decision" section is just blank. When I visited campus one of the admissions officers told me they try to get decisions out before winter break so that people can discuss their options with family members over the holidays. Anyone else hear back yet??

I applied for the same deadline and have received interview invite. I think I received it on 1st/2nd Dec. Though my status has not changed at My Owen page.

My status is blank as well.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 20:02
alpeshvc wrote:
cfieldy7 wrote:

I received a interview invite on 2nd Dec. Replied to the email address and no feedback yet. Have you scheduled your interview?
Manager
Manager

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Dec 2011, 21:21
petcow wrote:
alpeshvc wrote:
cfieldy7 wrote:

I received a interview invite on 2nd Dec. Replied to the email address and no feedback yet. Have you scheduled your interview?

I received confirmation on my interview just 5 minutes ago. Strange, it's pitch dark in US right now.
So, I guess you will here soon.

Intern
Intern
Schools: Owen '14 (S)
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Dec 2011, 11:14
I just logged on to MyOwen and my status is no longer blank. It now says:

"Vanderbilt MBA Application Status: Complete
Your application is complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee. We will contact you no later than the notification date associated with the round in which your application was completed."

Hopefully that means a decision is coming sometime soon!!
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
WE: Asset Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 0

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 08:11
This post received
KUDOS
I am in! Looking forward to next fall.
Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 12 Dec 2011, 08:11