Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 14:04

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
CIO
CIO
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 666 [0], given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Jul 2011, 05:22
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Add Your Name to the List

Vanderbilt (Owen) Applicant Summary (Real Time)

Quick Glance: GMAT Club vs. Latest Intake (Class of 2013)

Detailed Applicant List: Add Yourself to This List (add Owen to your profile)

GMAT Club's Real-time Admissions Statistics

Add Your Profile to This List
Questions about this Roll Call?

Welcome to GMAT Club! :)
Facebook TwitterGoogle+LinkedIn
Want to solve GMAT questions on the go? GMAT Club iPhone app will help.
Please read this before posting in GMAT Club Tests forum
Result correlation between real GMAT and GMAT Club Tests
Are GMAT Club Test sets ordered in any way?

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 670 Q44 V38
WE: Asset Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [2] , given: 0

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2011, 08:11
This post received
KUDOS
I am in! Looking forward to next fall.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 500 Q30 V28
GMAT 2: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.09
WE: Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 26 [1] , given: 13

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2011, 08:18
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys,

I was surprised to see that there was no post on this thread...how did the interviews go for you guys? Good luck everybody :-D
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2011, 18:28
This post received
KUDOS
KPrizzle wrote:
goodbyeboy wrote:
Hey guys,

I was surprised to see that there was no post on this thread...how did the interviews go for you guys? Good luck everybody :-D

I was surprised as well. I guess there's not much to post. Interview I had was very laid back and easy going. Anyone else?

Same here - the interviewer was really nice and easy going and made me feel really comfortable. So far I love the vibe I'm getting from Owen.....fingers crossed until 11/22! Can't wait to find out the decision.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2011, 13:04
This post received
KUDOS
Just checked MyOwen site and it says "Your Application Status: Offered Admission".....PHEW! I can breathe now. :-D I haven't received an e-mail from them yet though, so make sure to check the site.

Good luck everyone!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Nov 2011, 06:55
This post received
KUDOS
alpeshvc wrote:
goodbyeboy wrote:
Just checked MyOwen site and it says "Your Application Status: Offered Admission".....PHEW! I can breathe now. :-D I haven't received an e-mail from them yet though, so make sure to check the site.

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations goodbyeboy!

I am applying to Owen in R2. If it OK for you, could you share your interview exp. and 2 cents about university?

Hey thanks! It sure is a big relief for me. Owen's interview, at least one I had, was super chill, laid back interview. It was with one of the associate director of admissions who came to my city during their tour and she was really nice and well prepared, meaning she actually read my resume and profile well in advance so I didn't need to explain or go through my resume at all. Couple of questions I can remember are why Owen, what other schools I am applying, what I would do if one of teammates was slacking, what I do to learn about new cultures and diversity, and the last question was whether I wanted to add something about my personal traits that weren't addressed in my resume or essays for adcom to know.

Overall, it was a pleasant experience and we had a great chat. Probably because I lived and worked in Nashville so we had more things in common. Vanderbilt is a great university and when I visited Owen this summer I had a great experience. Also, Nashville is a great town - so much stuff to do especially with music, nice folks, and so much cheaper to live compare to other cities. Vanderbilt also has their own music festival called Rites of Spring which I am looking forward to be a part of since I come from the music industry.

Let me know if you have any other questions - good luck! :)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2011, 09:02
This post received
KUDOS
I applied for Round 2 (Nov. 28th deadline) and interviewed early in the fall. I received a phone call on Friday 12/9 saying that I had been admitted. However, my Owen application status still says, "Your application is complete and ready for review by the Admissions Committee. We will contact you no later than the notification date associated with the round in which your application was completed." So, you may receive a call before your status is updated.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Owen '14 (S)
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 1

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 11:26
This post received
KUDOS
Got a call yesterday and I am in! They have not updated my status on the website as of right now either.

To put my timeline in context... I submitted on the last day of Round 2 deadline (Nov. 28th) but had already completed my interview a few weeks prior.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 1

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2012, 08:34
This post received
KUDOS
Super Super Excited !!!! Got a call yesterday that I am in.....Ehhhaaaaaaaaaa!!!
But in all the excitement I forgot to ask about the Scholarship. The adcom associate did mention that they dispatched the package with all the details. My owen page just shows admitted. How about the rest of you? How were the ones who did receive scholarship notified?

And Kprizzle I would want your input on apartments I should be looking at?

Is anyone coming for the April 13-14 weeekend?

Anyone from East side of US? I stay in Boston.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Jan 2012, 08:42
This post received
KUDOS
@ DavidArchuleta

Schedule your interview without wasting anymore time. I received a similar email in early January (that OWen is visiting Boston and schedule your evaluative interview- whatever stage of application you are)and I took the opportunity to schedule my own interview. Since I knew I won't be asked otherwise .....I knew my app may not have reflected my whole self so went for the evaluative interview and guess what I am in for 2012 :) :)
.....I now know that applicants who have not even submitted their application/ essays come for these interviews. The adcom takes it as a positive that a candidate is keen to join their program. Its the best way to reach out to them and supplement your online application. Your application may be considered for next round because your recommendations are not submitted but go ahead and make the most of the interview.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2012, 06:54
This post received
KUDOS
I would prefer not to give specifics on aid, but it was a non trivial 5 figure amount.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2012, 08:34
This post received
KUDOS
anshul4mba wrote:
Hello Eveyone. Congratulations for getting selected to the Owen MBA. I have also been selected to the Owen MBA 2012 and will be joining the same. Just needed some information about the rents & all for Nashville. Will I ba able to get 1 BHK or a studio flat for less than $500 pm. How much will my monthly expenses increase if I bring my wife with me. I hope to live a very simple student life for 21 months & will try to cut down on all the expenses as much as possible. Are there any localities near to university which are reasonable. Kindly siggest the names as well. I dont think that I'll own a car while studying but it depends on the need.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Hi Anshul,

Congratulations on the admit! As for the room requirement - I would suggest you go on http://apartmentselector.com/ and write to them with your requirements. They are quiet resourceful and all free. I am in touch with them too but plan to get more info on housing options when I visit Owen in April and I will look around for a few properties as well on the same trip. So, I can share that info with you if you still haven't closed a deal :)
Now if you don't plan to buy a car, it will be difficult to get an apartment in your price range in Vandy's walking distance. Any and everything around $500/600 is 7-8 miles away from school. So, look for apartments which fall on the bus route. But having said that you will need to do your groceries , preferably from an Indian Store (Patel Brothers) so the distance to that needs to be considered as well!
Even if you spend bare minimum this what your monthly bills will be (approx) -
Rent - $500 (you are being too ambitious though)
Food - $ 400 (max for two people)
Rides- The bus is free for students, see if you could work out a grocery schedule around it
Electricity & Cable & Heat - $ 65- $100 (max)

But Truth be told - If you are getting your wife to Nashville, you would want to introduce her to the vibrant culture of Nashville. A meal here and a morsel there! You both will end up shopping on Black friday and Thankgiving sales and don't forget the India Cinema will not stop churning out surprises and blockbusters on the big screen. So you would want to catch a movie or two in year (even if you are not a Indian movie buff like me)! so do the maths yourself!

Hope this helps! See you on the campus!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Status: On the battlefield of applications, savoring each day
Schools: Owen '14 (A)
WE: Information Technology (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 10

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Apr 2012, 01:49
This post received
KUDOS
yippieee....got an offer of admission ....yay!!!...

and am thankful to anshul for asking the same questions that I had
and ofcourse joliemba for giving such a detailed reply...thanks a lot!!!...
but I will not be able to come to the welcome weekend which is going to happen this weekend but would be waiting eagerly to know about the school from everyone who is attending.
Congrats to everyone admitted.

thanks
iAqua4

joliemba wrote:
anshul4mba wrote:
Hello Eveyone. Congratulations for getting selected to the Owen MBA. I have also been selected to the Owen MBA 2012 and will be joining the same. Just needed some information about the rents & all for Nashville. Will I ba able to get 1 BHK or a studio flat for less than $500 pm. How much will my monthly expenses increase if I bring my wife with me. I hope to live a very simple student life for 21 months & will try to cut down on all the expenses as much as possible. Are there any localities near to university which are reasonable. Kindly siggest the names as well. I dont think that I'll own a car while studying but it depends on the need.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

Hi Anshul,

Congratulations on the admit! As for the room requirement - I would suggest you go on http://apartmentselector.com/ and write to them with your requirements. They are quiet resourceful and all free. I am in touch with them too but plan to get more info on housing options when I visit Owen in April and I will look around for a few properties as well on the same trip. So, I can share that info with you if you still haven't closed a deal :)
Now if you don't plan to buy a car, it will be difficult to get an apartment in your price range in Vandy's walking distance. Any and everything around $500/600 is 7-8 miles away from school. So, look for apartments which fall on the bus route. But having said that you will need to do your groceries , preferably from an Indian Store (Patel Brothers) so the distance to that needs to be considered as well!
Even if you spend bare minimum this what your monthly bills will be (approx) -
Rent - $500 (you are being too ambitious though)
Food - $ 400 (max for two people)
Rides- The bus is free for students, see if you could work out a grocery schedule around it
Electricity & Cable & Heat - $ 65- $100 (max)

But Truth be told - If you are getting your wife to Nashville, you would want to introduce her to the vibrant culture of Nashville. A meal here and a morsel there! You both will end up shopping on Black friday and Thankgiving sales and don't forget the India Cinema will not stop churning out surprises and blockbusters on the big screen. So you would want to catch a movie or two in year (even if you are not a Indian movie buff like me)! so do the maths yourself!

Hope this helps! See you on the campus!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE: General Management (Real Estate)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 10

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2011, 12:33
goodbyeboy wrote:
Hey guys,

I was surprised as well. I guess there's not much to post. Interview I had was very laid back and easy going. Anyone else?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Real Estate, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE: General Management (Real Estate)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 10

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2011, 17:27
goodbyeboy wrote:
KPrizzle wrote:
goodbyeboy wrote:
Hey guys,

Same here - the interviewer was really nice and easy going and made me feel really comfortable. So far I love the vibe I'm getting from Owen.....fingers crossed until 11/22! Can't wait to find out the decision.

Anything interesting these days for anyone? No? Nothing?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 13

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2011, 07:47
Nothing yet. I was worried b/c it took them a while to update my application status checklist, but looks like everything's checked and I guess all I have to do is wait now. I can't wait to hear back from the school....fingers crossed until 11/22.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Accounting, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.93

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2011, 09:07
has anyone received the email from Owen? The waiting is killing me
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 13

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2011, 12:16
CJ703 wrote:
has anyone received the email from Owen? The waiting is killing me

Same here. Nothing yet. I wonder what's going on?

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 650 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.2
WE: Engineering (Computer Hardware)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 21

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2011, 21:57
goodbyeboy wrote:

Good luck everyone!

Congratulations goodbyeboy!

I am applying to Owen in R2. If it OK for you, could you share your interview exp. and 2 cents about university?

I am ready to fall, but not before I fly.

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
WE: General Management (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Nov 2011, 03:47
Submitted!!!

Eat like a Pig, Lift like a Demon & Sleep like Dead.............

Re: Vanderbilt Owen 2012 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 30 Nov 2011, 03:47