Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:17 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:R2 - UW Foster
 Q48  V46
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 408 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Sustainable Development
Schools:Ross '12 (MBA/MS)
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Washington (Foster) Fall 2009 Applicants! [#permalink]
[quote="shotgun"]I just got a voicemail from admissions saying that I was accepted. I was told I should expect an email tomorrow with a link to the admitted students page and something with admissions and scholarship info in two weeks via post.[/quote]

Wow congrats! I guess foster is quick for R2. I thought they weren't releasing the results until Friday! This increases my anxiety level for the rest of the week... Also surprise about the phone call too- since they let R1 folks know by email only? (I may be wrong.) Nevertheless, congrats! Are you going to accept?
Current Student
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Just got an email from Foster. Waitlist.

Good luck to all those who have yet to hear.
Intern
Intern
Schools:R2 - UW Foster
 Q48  V46
Send PM
Thanks guys. I would prefer to work in the Pacific Northwest, so UW makes a lot of sense for me. Going back to school sounds pretty good after the last year I've had in the real estate industry...

Anyone else thinking of attending? YihWei do you plan to follow up on the waitlist?

Good luck to everyone on this and their other apps.
Current Student
 Q49  V45
Send PM
shotgun wrote:
YihWei do you plan to follow up on the waitlist?

I'm going to stay on the waitlist for now, just beacuse I want to give myself some time to let it all sink in. I'm expecting a few more decisions in March, so by then (hopefully) I'll have a better idea of what my options are.
Intern
Intern
Schools:UW,EMORY,PENN STATE,ASU
Send PM
Hi, I also got admitted in R2 and scholarship notification of $13500 yesterday. I'm from China and past experience in supply chain , by Aug. I will have 10 years working experience.
Current Student
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Vol wrote:
Hi, I also got admitted in R2 and scholarship notification of $13500 yesterday. I'm from China and past experience in supply chain , by Aug. I will have 10 years working experience.

Congratulations on the admit and scholarship, Vol. I added you to the list on the front page.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks. I think UW is pretty quick in their response this year, though scholarship is lower.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Concentration: Brand
Schools:Cornell '11
 Q47  V40
Send PM
Im trying to figure out how you got waitlisted at Foster and accepted at Ross. You are living proof that b-school admissions is nearly impossible to figure out!

YihWei wrote:
shotgun wrote:
YihWei do you plan to follow up on the waitlist?

I'm going to stay on the waitlist for now, just beacuse I want to give myself some time to let it all sink in. I'm expecting a few more decisions in March, so by then (hopefully) I'll have a better idea of what my options are.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Vol wrote:
Thanks. I think UW is pretty quick in their response this year, though scholarship is lower.

Hi VOl,
Congratulations on your admit and scholarship decision. I applied in R1 and have been granted a scholarship of $10,500 :-D

I totally agree with Vol that UW has been very quick and professional this year (going by the the applicant rantings in various forums last year and the year before).But the scholarship amount has shrunk, I which is understandable considering the current economic scenario.Their ranking has also improved this year compared to last year. All these are signs of a school thats on the growth path.(please don misunderstand , although it sounds that way I am not with the marketing team of Foster :wink: )

Any one else have got any scholarship information??
Current Student
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Raabend wrote:
Im trying to figure out how you got waitlisted at Foster and accepted at Ross. You are living proof that b-school admissions is nearly impossible to figure out!

Upon further review, I think that my essays were too cookie cutter and that I didn't go into enough detail about my positive experiences during my Foster visit. Seeing as how Foster has a very intimate culture, due to it's extremely small class size (100-120/class) and geography, my application should have been the most personalized of the five that I submitted. I wasn't. Hence, waitlist (IMO).
prashanthgraj wrote:
All these are signs of a school thats on the growth path

Keep in mind that after the new facilities are built (after you guys have graduated), Foster's rankings will continue to rise. And with the ever growing greater Seattle area economy, I think the Foster MBA will consistently crack the top-30 within the next few years.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Schools:Oxford
 Q50  V49
Send PM
As a UW Bus. undergrad (before it was called Foster), can I ask everyone that applied what attracted you to the school? I would be very interested to know.

BTW, that is the best pic of Balmer in the OP that I have ever seen in my life... :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I was also waitlisted. :(
Anyone who was admitted, when is the deposit due?
How long do you think I would have to wait until I know my final result (in or ding?), its hard to keep holding on to this uncertainty! Do you guys think, based on the economy and application # increase, those on the waitlist this year have a less chance of getting in than last year?
Current Student
Schools:Cornell '11
Send PM
YihWei wrote:
Raabend wrote:

Upon further review, I think that my essays were too cookie cutter and that I didn't go into enough detail about my positive experiences during my Foster visit. Seeing as how Foster has a very intimate culture, due to it's extremely small class size (100-120/class) and geography, my application should have been the most personalized of the five that I submitted. I wasn't. Hence, waitlist (IMO).
prashanthgraj wrote:
All these are signs of a school thats on the growth path

Keep in mind that after the new facilities are built (after you guys have graduated), Foster's rankings will continue to rise. And with the ever growing greater Seattle area economy, I think the Foster MBA will consistently crack the top-30 within the next few years.

That's nonsense YihWei...there is no way you shouldn't have gotten in WITH a scholarship of some sort...baffling...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 891 [0]
Concentration: Strategy - Finance
 Q49  V36
Send PM
today I was offered a scholarship of $ 13,500 !

If I already have an external scholarship that covers full tuition. do i get to keep the 13,500 cash ? :-D

The best part about foster is Seattle .. I LOVE SEATTLE
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Mishari,Congratulations!!! With economy depressed so much ,it's hard to have full scholarship waive and you're kind of getting a miracle. :)

I also quite like Seattle the city ,UW's standing, the companies nearby and it's almost the nearest city to China,which makes it's convenient for me to stay in touch with my family and friends there. The admission team is also very helpful and responsive.

Looking forward to meeting you guys there this fall.
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Mishari wrote:
today I was offered a scholarship of $ 13,500 !

If I already have an external scholarship that covers full tuition. do i get to keep the 13,500 cash ? :-D

The best part about foster is Seattle .. I LOVE SEATTLE

Hey Mishari,
Congrats on the scholarship!! The scholarship granted will go directly to the Universtiy bursar towards your tution fees.So there is no question of encashing it. If there is such a provision in the external scholarship that you have got, then you have a chance.

With Regards,
Prashanth
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Hi People,
I have a generic question. Say I got $X as scholarship for the first year(2009-2010). If my performance is upto the mark and the school is happy with it, can I expect the same amount or a higher amount for the second year?? How does it work usually? Any idea?

With Regards,
Prashanth GanapathyRaj
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3