Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:57 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:57

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton 2008 applicants [#permalink]
Wharton is definitely my first choice. Just about 1 more week of waiting. Been a long journey...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Wharton is DEFINITELY my first choice and I will probably send the deposit on Friday if I get good news next Thursday. Wait is absolutely killing me though. :x
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Anyone going to the Wharton India Economic Forum this weekend?

https://www.whartonglobal.com/india/index.php

Heard it was a big success last year...and they have some impressive speakers this time around.

I am still thinking about going, but have no particular reason to attend...If only I had a interview invite, I would have been very excited about this...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
For those of you who remember my posts. Dinged at all three schools I applied to including Wharton/Lauder russian. That jump-started my job search. I'm leaving the large asset manager where I've worked in client service for 2 years to join another large asset manager in institutional sales. I'm totally stoked. FT MBA is totally out of the picture for the near term. Those of you who don't get in use it as motivation to improve your situation. The introspection required on the applications really solidified my goals and made me realize that I belong in sales. No point really in waiting...
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 1682 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Send PM
Many congrats EX10XL .. I know exactly what you mean. You'll be back with a much more solid profile whenever you choose to come back...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I don't know about you guys, but as it gets closer to decision time, my anxiety level is going through the roof. Anyone know what time we can expect decisions?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
I heard all the decisions are released on Thursday am, 9.00am'ish. All calls will go out after that. You may or may not get a call if admitted.

nyrberg wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but as it gets closer to decision time, my anxiety level is going through the roof. Anyone know what time we can expect decisions?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Trying to keep this thread alive. How are all of you guys feeling about Thursday? Do most of you have admits at other schools?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1574 [0]
Send PM
nyrberg wrote:
Trying to keep this thread alive. How are all of you guys feeling about Thursday? Do most of you have admits at other schools?

Honestly, I am really anxious. I have no admit so far and 2 dings, which make my hope really dim. Not expecting any call from MIT either at this point.

:(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Thursday- waiting to get it over with. I need some closure around my apps- in at Ross and Duke, waiting on W and K (hoping to get into one of these two!!!)

nyrberg wrote:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
BKk, I know how you feel. I have 4 dings, 1 WL and I am not expecting to hear from Harvard or MIT either. This is basically my last hope, but no pressure, haha.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I am waiting on Thursday to get some direction on my future path of action. I am in at Duke and Darden, waiting on Wharton and not yet heard from Stern. Good luck to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
whew, glad to know i am not the only one sweating it out here. somehow, i was doing pretty well with the wait until last week when I very unexpectedly got an interview from a 3rd school. for some reason, that last interview really threw me into a tailspin and now the wait is friggin killing me. i am hoping that chicago or wharton come through in the next few days so that i can basically forget about this whole mess and get back to productive work. friday was a day off for most of the finance industry, but i did nothing with my 3 day weekend except watch HBO and do other mindless tasks to take my mind off the decisions this week.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Wharton (R1), MIT (R1), Chicago (R2), Kellogg (R2)
 Q51  V41
Send PM
I am waiting for a R2 decision from W and C. I dont have any admits yet.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
Good luck to everyone waiting for R2 decisions, here's hoping y'all get in. In R1 calls started going out around 7am...decisions went live around 9ish.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hey shmegs, does that mean that Wharton started calling (calling=phone calls) admits before the email/notifications went out?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare
Schools:Attending Stanford
Send PM
In R1, they started calling people in Asia around 4 or 5 AM eastern time (Shmegs, didn't you get a call pretty early?). Most accepted folks, though, hadn't heard anything by the time the decisions were posted to Apply Yourself. While Wharton had said decisions would be posted by 9 AM EST, they didn't actually come out until 10:30 AM. Very annoying :x My interviewer called to congratulate me at ~ noon or so.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  53   54   55   56   57   58   59  ...  64   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts