Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Oct 2014, 11:09

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton 2008 applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Director
Director
Affiliations: FRM Charter holder
Schools: Stanford, Chicago Booth, Babson College
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 4

[#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2007, 23:07
Guys, here is a document with resumes of Wharton students. Found it on limewire long back. Might help some of us in preparing resumes based on the format followed here.
Attachments

wharton resumes.pdf [4.15 MiB]
Downloaded 1835 times

To download please login or register as a user

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2007, 05:13
Good information there, Aurobindo.

I observed the same kind of format on the resume of my buddy (a MIT Sloan grad who works with me) - they emphasize the education bit upfront. Since it's a post-MBA resume, that makes sense I suppose. Although, I think that none of us on this board would want to do that.

Well, not until at least a couple of years down the line when we're applying for summer internships! ;)

aurobindo wrote:
Guys, here is a document with resumes of Wharton students. Found it on limewire long back. Might help some of us in preparing resumes based on the format followed here.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Baruch / Zicklin
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 148

[#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2007, 05:00
aurobindo wrote:

Aurobindo - thank you for the awesome pdf of Wharton resumes. It is astounding to see the GMAT scores that people listen on their resumes - I noticed the scores ranging from 720 all the way through 790!

Thanks again. After reading a few of these, I'll have an idea of what it takes to get into this school... and that seems to be perfection! l0l
- tsd
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2007, 20:56
Just back from the Palo Alto info session (I missed SF info session because of work). This school is just awe-(ahem)-some!! In my east-coast visit, I just loved Phily, I loved UPenn, I loved the Huntsman hall, and I loved all the discussions that I had with the people there. And today, I really enjoyed the info session, the quick chats with the alumni, and the snacks. This school is great!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 336 [0], given: 14

[#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2007, 21:01
my friend just came back from the same Palo Alto infosession (I was up at Berkeley for Class visits, which was great!) and said he loved it. 12 alums, 6 of them from Google, very good infosession. He said he would put it as his top school now over Stanford and Kellogg. I wish I could have gone.
Current Student

[#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2007, 21:03
kryzak wrote:
I wish I could have gone.

Listen, I dropped Stan to R2 just so you don't miss a seat in R1 because of my awesome application. So just make sure you don't make me miss my seat at W in R1 because of your awesome application. Oh wait, you don't have enough time to apply to W's R1 anyway. Peace then.

ps. Yeah .. my opinion about W has been growing ever since I started thinking B schools.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 04 Oct 2007, 21:18
I always thought Wharton was a bit more like Harvard, competitive, cutthroat, and arrogant. But from what I heard, it seems Wharton is pretty good. Too bad I can't stand UPenn and Philly... my personal opinion ;)

Haha, I appreciate your Stanford gesture mNeo. No worries, I won't whip up my Wharton essays in 7 days so you have a better chance at it! :)
Director
Director
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2007, 01:34
kryzak wrote:
I always thought Wharton was a bit more like Harvard, competitive, cutthroat, and arrogant. But from what I heard, it seems Wharton is pretty good. Too bad I can't stand UPenn and Philly... my personal opinion ;)

Haha, I appreciate your Stanford gesture mNeo. No worries, I won't whip up my Wharton essays in 7 days so you have a better chance at it! :)

I thought that as well, but after speaking with a bunch of students I only found one to be snobby. He was some entrepreneur who came to the Bangalore reception and kept talking about "expanding the surface area of your brain". Came off as a tool. The vast majority of people came across as really down to earth and said Wharton was a great environment in which to learn. Kryzak how could you hate a town that has the Phillies (the "loosingiest" team in baseball history) :P.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2007, 06:41
kryzak wrote:

Isn't it funny how one of the best schools in the US is located in the absolute center of one of the East coasts' 'worst' cities?

I wonder why they don't open up a Wharton - Manhattan campus ;] l0l
- tsd
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2007, 07:05
TimeSquareDesi wrote:
kryzak wrote:

Isn't it funny how one of the best schools in the US is located in the absolute center of one of the East coasts' 'worst' cities?

I wonder why they don't open up a Wharton - Manhattan campus ;] l0l
- tsd

worst city? i just visited and it didnt seem bad at all, actually heard good things from a friend who lives there (not a wharton student). at least its not detroit.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2007, 07:27
Definitely no Detroit, but Philly is probably the "worst" big city in the Northeast, IMO
Current Student

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2007, 07:35
Hmm .. I guess my two days at Philly didn't give me enough time to see the true face of the city .. cos I just loved everything about it. jjanders, what makes you call it the worst city of the east coast? Any pointers for us?
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2007, 07:53
jjanders wrote:
Definitely no Detroit, but Philly is probably the "worst" big city in the Northeast, IMO

do you consider baltimore northeast?
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2007, 07:56
dabots wrote:
jjanders wrote:

do you consider baltimore northeast?

haha yes, good pick, Baltimore is up there too.

I have a bunch of friends who live in Philly, they've all had bad luck with things getting stolen, etc... Of course this is somewhat dependent on what part of the city you're in, but it seems pretty pervasive in Philly over the past few years. I mean, it is right across the water from Camden, NJ.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2007, 08:41
I was in Philly for 3 days visiting a friend who went to UPenn. After walking 3 blocks in any direction away from the campus, the neighborhood gets really bad. The subway system is dilapitated, the downtown area at night was pretty scary, and yes, Camden is right across the river.

I joked about creating a photography series called "despair" when I was there. ;)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2007, 10:11
^^^ You can create your 'Despair' photo series here in NYC also. I will point you in the direciton of (parts of) Brooklyn and the Bronx. Be sure to bring guns; Lots and lots of guns! hahaha!

jjanders wrote:

I think Maryland (dubbed the 'murder capital of the US' a few (~3-5) years ago) stands at the top of this list, with Detroit as the runner up.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2007, 10:45
TimeSquareDesi wrote:
I think Maryland (dubbed the 'murder capital of the US' a few (~3-5) years ago) stands at the top of this list, with Detroit as the runner up.

You mean Baltimore? ;)

East Palo Alto used to have the murder capital title a few years ago.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2007, 10:53
New Orleans took it for 2006, but that is most likely largely tied to Katrina.

What an uplifting turn this thread took!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

[#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2007, 10:59
kryzak - you're right - it was Baltimore.

No more off topic posts from me :-X
Current Student
WE 1: Hi-tech Product Development
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 3

[#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2007, 11:34
With the R-1 deadlines a mere 5 days away, a deathly silence falls upon the Wharton pant-pooping applicant thread....Everyone seems to be buried in their essays, or worse still, lost in that parallel universe Wharton calls the 'data form'. :-)
  [#permalink] 06 Oct 2007, 11:34