Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  167   
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 288
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink]
I looking to apply to Round 1 for Wharton and specifically for their Healthcare Management Program. I know from reading the website that admissions to HCM requires application review by both the Wharton Admissions Committee and June Kinney, the Associate Director of the HCM program. Potential candidates are then interviewed by both committees.

I'm assuming the HCM program is highly competitive, so wanted to know if
there are incidences where an applicant is found to not be a good fit for
the HCM but found to be a strong candidate for general admissions. In such cases, does Wharton still admit or is it just a reject?

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 373 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Finance & Strategic Management
Schools:Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
 Q50  V41
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Send PM
What is the average duration between notification of interview invites and the actual interview? Is it days, weeks?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 224 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
quick question for whoever is out there.

Wharton's 4th essay:
Discuss a time when you navigated a challenging experience in either a personal or professional relationship. (600 words)

For the question prompt above, has anyone here written about an experience that is NOT related to a PERSON? "Relationship" implies person? Whether it's a personal or professional PERSON, still a person?

I'm asking because I've written about a story of a challenging experience from a health-related issue. This issue helped me learn about X, Y, and Z... Do you think that's fine? I'm like going insane because I'm fairly good about "answering the question" and I'm having lots of second-thoughts about NOT answering the above question this time!

ack!

I'm trying to submit this darn thing tonight or by tomorrow night. Thanks for any feedback.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
In my opinion is a PERSON. You cannot write the same thing that you do for example in Chicago, which asks for a challenging situation.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
(Sorry, making this a new thread/repost 'cause I'm somewhat nervous -- need some responses out there)

Wharton's 4th essay:
Discuss a time when you navigated a challenging experience in either a personal or professional relationship. (600 words)

For the question prompt above, has anyone here written about an experience that is NOT related to a PERSON? "Relationship" implies person? Whether it's a personal or professional PERSON, still a person?

I'm asking because I've written about a story of a challenging experience from a health-related issue. This issue helped me learn about X, Y, and Z... Do you think that's fine? I'm like going insane because I'm fairly good about "answering the question" and I'm having lots of second-thoughts about NOT answering the above question this time!

ack!

I'm trying to submit this darn thing tonight or by tomorrow night. Thanks for any feedback.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 249
Concentration: Nonprofit, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2015
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.22
WE:Management Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Agreed, write about a human relationship.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: NYU-R1 wait-list w/iv , Wharton-R2 (summer-waitlist; fall2010), INSEAD R2 (jan'11), CBS fall 2011 ED
 Q49  V38
Send PM
adalfu wrote:

Wharton's 4th essay:

Think of it this way: YOU are that person. If you can portray how YOUR "issues" made YOUR personal relationship with YOURself challenging, and how you overcame them to have a better understanding of who you are, what you want, etc, you are home.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
hm2009 wrote:
adalfu wrote:

Wharton's 4th essay:

Think of it this way: YOU are that person. If you can portray how YOUR "issues" made YOUR personal relationship with YOURself challenging, and how you overcame them to have a better understanding of who you are, what you want, etc, you are home.

That's a bit of a stretch for me... so I don't think im home free yet! darn...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
thanks for everyone's feedback...

i might have to redo this essay tonight! unless I figure out a way to describe more of the "personal relationship" with myself through this challenging "experience" (albeit not a personal experience but rather an experience with a situation)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Is there anyone here whose recommender submitted the LOR? One of my recommender submitted his LOR yesterday. I was expecting an automated mail from Wharton notifying me of this(like other schools). However, I did not receive any. I even checked my Spam folder. Is it normal with Wharton's system? Did anyone else receive any such notification?
Current Student
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Based on the information you provided it sounds like you've answered the question "Discuss a time when you navigated a challenging experience," which is not the same as the Wharton question.

As to how the application reviewer will perceive this, we can only speculate.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 369 [0]
Given Kudos: 151
Send PM
Wharton doesn't send any email. I had the same issue.
Current Student
 Q50  V41
Send PM
ankitgarg20 wrote:
Is there anyone here whose recommender submitted the LOR? One of my recommender submitted his LOR yesterday. I was expecting an automated mail from Wharton notifying me of this(like other schools). However, I did not receive any. I even checked my Spam folder. Is it normal with Wharton's system? Did anyone else receive any such notification?

Mine have not yet submitted them but if you log in to the application you should be able to see the status of the recommendations there? Mine currently say "notified" and "started." Yours should say "submitted" or something of the sort?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 288
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
staind wrote:
ankitgarg20 wrote:

Mine have not yet submitted them but if you log in to the application you should be able to see the status of the recommendations there? Mine currently say "notified" and "started." Yours should say "submitted" or something of the sort?

Yup, odd indeed as I got notifications from other schools but not from Wharton when recommendations were submitted. I checked online and the status is updated there. Just sitting on my application until noon on Monday to hit submit!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
staind wrote:
ankitgarg20 wrote:

Yeah it does say Submitted. I just wanted to confirm coz I found it a little odd not to receive a confirmation email. You never know with the school websites and servers. Anyways, I am at peace now :)

Good Luck all fellow GClubbers!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
yeah, i've decided. I'm just going to rewrite this tonight!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
One of my recs is submitted, the other is not. There is no notification e-mail when they submit unfortunately.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12  ...  167   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts