Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 07:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 17:07
EdJ wrote:
leilalu86 wrote:
FYI everyone, I'm an admitted student and a member of the facebook group...the members have increased by about 15 from Friday to today (from 629 to like 643-644). This was just after the first weekend. So there is some positive movement, even if it doesn't seem that way on these forums.

From the perspective of an admitted student, what's the probability of an admitted individual not being aware of or not choosing to join the facebook group?
Current Student
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2013
WE 1: 2y bb ib
WE 2: 2y Mid market PE
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 17:18
kerong wrote:
EdJ wrote:
leilalu86 wrote:
FYI everyone, I'm an admitted student and a member of the facebook group...the members have increased by about 15 from Friday to today (from 629 to like 643-644). This was just after the first weekend. So there is some positive movement, even if it doesn't seem that way on these forums.

From the perspective of an admitted student, what's the probability of an admitted individual not being aware of or not choosing to join the facebook group?

Well I didn't join it right away. Definitely was going to, but might have taken a week or two. Others might wait til they decide for sure where they're going first (though I decided as soon as I was admitted)

Last edited by Jmw125 on 17 May 2011, 05:37, edited 1 time in total.
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [2] , given: 8

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 18:07
This post received
KUDOS
carlcove wrote:
bschbound wrote:
bschbound:what is crazy is that people continue to draw parallels between someone staying on the waitlist when they have an offer they prefer in hand and unsavory business practices. that's just nuts.
Jmw135:Not unsavory...just unethical and inconsiderate.
bschbound:inconsiderate - maybe, unethical - no. I'm sorry if all people at Wharton are so rigid and militant, I am happy I won't be going there.
Jmw135: At least we both agree on something...
bschbound: very classy of you, mr. wharton

It's ok bschbound. I'm happy I won't be studying with a radical/extremist as Jmw125. And not because of his position, but because he is unable to even process the arguments of someone with a different point of view, considering only his "only" and "true" perspective above all else.

Jmw125, in his quest to be the "winner" of the discussion, fails to notice its own evolution, actively choosing to ignore 1. The posts recognizing it's not considerate with others to keep a spot in the waitlist if you are 100% sure and cleared to attend your preferred B-school 2. That there are people who want, and are in their right, to keep their spot in waitlists to avoid risks related with background, employment and grades checks (have you thought of international applicants from troubled countries? have you ever applied for a visa to a developed country, being a national of an emerging nation?). 3. And finally, the sad fact that inconsiderate!=unethical, and if you take it further, unethical!=illegal in many cases.

Of course, he thinks repeating the same sentence one thousand times would make his position "the truth". No arguments, no contribution, just radicalism.

And of course, his double standards are appalling. "We exist to make money to our investors" does not mean that, in some cases, innocent bystanders are not harmed with his decisions and inputs in PE. If we apply his radicalism to ethics in business, and if Jmw123's really consistent, he should stay away from the business world and quit PE. Immediately.

I hope, and actually I'm pretty sure, this is not the standard profile of people going to Wharton. I guess he just makes Wharton students look bad...

This looks like a big critical reasoning question.

Get over it.
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS (Accepted)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2011, 20:15
Perfect007 wrote:
Get over it.

...nice to see fanatics writing "Get over it" now, when they should've done that some 15 posts ago.

*sigh* anyway, like some guy wrote a couple of posts back: PERSPECTIVE and COMMON SENSE. Jeez...

Good luck to the rest of the Wharton class and applicants for this and next year. Keep your dreams alive. Pursue them with determination.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Ross '13
WE 1: Business Development / Sales

Kudos [?]: 53 [1] , given: 15

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2011, 04:51
This post received
KUDOS
Does anyone (current students, alumni, applicants) know an approximation of how many people are historically admitted to Wharton from the summer WL? Someone on the waitlist thread said he was admitted from R2 WL and had heard of people being admitted from summer WL up to 2 days before classes began, but other than that I haven't heard anything. Any reliable information would be greatly appreciated by a lot of (not so) patient waitlisters, myself included :wink:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 8

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2011, 05:42
This post received
KUDOS
carlcove wrote:
Perfect007 wrote:
Get over it.

...nice to see fanatics writing "Get over it" now, when they should've done that some 15 posts ago.

*sigh* anyway, like some guy wrote a couple of posts back: PERSPECTIVE and COMMON SENSE. Jeez...

Good luck to the rest of the Wharton class and applicants for this and next year. Keep your dreams alive. Pursue them with determination.

Seriously, get over it.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia (matriculating 2013), Booth (admitted), Wharton (WL)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 13

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2011, 14:10
It's tough to extrapolate the number of people on the WL currently to fill those missing spots (hopefully those spots are still near 100). My best guess would be to say that a certain percentage of WLs look at these forums and go from there... but that wouldn't be so accurate then.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Affiliations: VFW, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, West Point Association of Graduates
Schools: Wharton Class of 2013
WE 1: Army Ranger / Infantry Platoon Leader Operation Iraqi Freedom (2 yrs)
WE 2: Company Executive Officer (1 yr)
WE 3: Company Commander (2 yrs)
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 63 [2] , given: 75

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 11:01
This post received
KUDOS
dude this is the Wharton Class of 2013 page, who the f*** is this dude who think hes some genius, get off our page carlcove
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 62 [1] , given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 11:17
This post received
KUDOS
wp06 wrote:
dude this is the Wharton Class of 2013 page, who the f*** is this dude who think hes some genius, get off our page carlcove

I like the way you think
Current Student
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2013
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 11:20
wp06 wrote:

Last I checked, this thread was for all 2011 Wharton applicants - carlcove is well within his right to post here. If you really feel the need to mark your turf / engage in further chest beating, you can do so to your heart's content in the official Wharton Class of 2013 thread:

admitted-to-wharton-class-of-2013-thread-107439.html
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2011, 11:23
carriedinterest wrote:
wp06 wrote:

Last I checked, this thread was for all 2011 Wharton applicants - carlcove is well within his right to post here. If you really feel the need to mark your turf / engage in further chest beating, you can do so to your heart's content in the official Wharton Class of 2013 thread:

admitted-to-wharton-class-of-2013-thread-107439.html

um...he was kidding. sense of humor much?
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA I

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 07:44
Any admits get the "Mid-May Communication" they allude to on the timeline page yet?
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 May 2011, 10:10
LetsGetDinged wrote:
Any admits get the "Mid-May Communication" they allude to on the timeline page yet?

I actually visited the timeline page yesterday and went looking for it in my inbox and didn't find anything. Either they haven't sent it out or one of their random emails was the Mid-May Communication and it contained way less information than we expected.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 May 2011, 08:00
GBale3 wrote:
LetsGetDinged wrote:

I actually visited the timeline page yesterday and went looking for it in my inbox and didn't find anything. Either they haven't sent it out or one of their random emails was the Mid-May Communication and it contained way less information than we expected.

I'm not sure if this is the email you're referring to, but I got an email yesterday (which I found today) regarding my loan application status...was sent to my new (and never before checked) Wharton email address....which i'm now having auto forwarded to my gmail.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 May 2011, 12:12
Jmw125 - Thanks! I would not have thought to check my Wharton email accoutn for the loan approval email.

But I believe the Mid-May communication email mentioned by the others is different than the loan approval email - the Mid-may email supposed to cover pre-term information as well as health insurance info, etc.

I still have not received this Mid-May email nor the Verification completion email. I'm guessing the admission office is still pretty behind on these items..
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 02:58
Good luck to summer waitlisters...here comes another Thursday...
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton R2 (Int), Columbia (Ding), Kellogg R2, Duke R2 (Int)
WE 1: International Development (2 years)
WE 2: Ibanking (3.5 years)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 05:57
kerong wrote:
Good luck to summer waitlisters...here comes another Thursday...

what leads you to believe there will be any movement today? When is the R3 / admitted WL deposit deadline? I'd imagine that is when we will see movement...if any at all.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2011, 09:23
Hi - how do we check our Wharton email addresses? I went to the Wharton webmail site and entered my username and password (my PennKey credentials), but I can't log in.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 May 2011, 17:55
Anyone know when the last deposit deadline is?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Schools: Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 May 2011, 21:36
bugmenot1 wrote:
Hi - how do we check our Wharton email addresses? I went to the Wharton webmail site and entered my username and password (my PennKey credentials), but I can't log in.

This is something to get used to: there are two passwords, and it is often confusing when to use which. You have one login name, and two passwords. PennKey password is used for access to UPenn university-wide services, Wharton-specific password is for everything Wharton-only. Hope this helps, but you will continue to be confused for two years :)

Good luck!

Rukuku.com–Interactive Online Courses
http://www.rukuku.com

Wharton/Lauder blog
http://www.onefootprint.com/lauderwharton/

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants   [#permalink] 30 May 2011, 21:36