Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 06:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2010, 22:25
Yep the application is out. I am in for R1.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2010, 09:23
Are the recommendation questions already published anywhere?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Booth
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 07:11
amitdesai16 wrote:
Are the recommendation questions already published anywhere?

Recommendations

In addition to the questions below we also ask the recommenders to fill out a grid that appraises some of your attributes. It is important that this be completed as well, so please make sure that your recommender receives and submits the online form.

Ask them to answer all of the questions in a single document.
Single space their answers.
Separate their answers by writing each question at the top of each response.

1) How long have you known the applicant and describe your relationship to the applicant?

2) Provide an example of constructive feedback you have provided to the applicant. How did the applicant receive this feedback and what efforts did the applicant make to address the concern?

3) Please provide an example of a time when the applicant was particularly successful at interacting with others in a team (employees, peers, managers, etc.); how was the applicant successful? How does the applicant compare to his/her peers in this dimension?

4) Provide an example of a time when the applicant did not meet expectations. What was the outcome? How did s/he handle the setback?

5) How has the applicant’s career progressed over the time that you have known him/her? How does this growth compare to his/her peer group? Please describe the peer group that you are comparing this applicant.

6) Provide any additional comments you think would assist the Admissions Committee in making its decision.

If you find this post useful, please give me a kudos. Thanks!

[JB's Guide to Dressing for Interviews]

[Did you use a Admissions Consultant? Provide some feedback here!]

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 07:18
Hi guys, I need advice.. I wanted to apply to WH with a GRE score to WH because my 3 GMAT attempts were horrible (and I really mean horrible). Now I see that even if you input the GRE score, the system asks you to say how many times you have taken the GMAT. First time (2008) I took the GMAT I sent WH the results (very low score).

I am a good candidate but I think that this can completely mess up my application..Do you think that AdCom goes and look also at GMAT scores?

I am half way through my application... (I am almost done with the 4 essays..)

I am very discouraged... What do you suggest I do?
Retired Moderator
Schools: University of Virginia
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 211 [0], given: 37

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 09:54
concretejungle wrote:
Hi guys, I need advice.. I wanted to apply to WH with a GRE score to WH because my 3 GMAT attempts were horrible (and I really mean horrible). Now I see that even if you input the GRE score, the system asks you to say how many times you have taken the GMAT. First time (2008) I took the GMAT I sent WH the results (very low score).

I am a good candidate but I think that this can completely mess up my application..Do you think that AdCom goes and look also at GMAT scores?

I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point. Reason is that you can't change what has been done anyway. Since you're already into the application, there's absolutely no reason for you to turn back if you believe you have a competitive profile. The GMAT is important, but there are other parts of the application that can help boost a low GMAT score. I would be completely honest on the application since you've already sent your score to Penn a couple of years back. Don't feel discouraged. There are, as I am sure, more people who are in the same boat as you are. Just do your best and pray for the best, that's all you can do at this point now.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 10:56
bakfed wrote:
concretejungle wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about it at this point. Reason is that you can't change what has been done anyway. Since you're already into the application, there's absolutely no reason for you to turn back if you believe you have a competitive profile. The GMAT is important, but there are other parts of the application that can help boost a low GMAT score. I would be completely honest on the application since you've already sent your score to Penn a couple of years back. Don't feel discouraged. There are, as I am sure, more people who are in the same boat as you are. Just do your best and pray for the best, that's all you can do at this point now.

Thanks for your note... I love this forum because there are nice and supportive people.. best of luck in the application process, I am probably applying R2 :)
VP
VP
Schools: Wharton (R2 - submitted); HBS (R2 - submitted); IIMA (admitted for 1 year PGPX)
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 98 [0], given: 13

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2010, 11:41
count me in for round 1 at wharton...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2010, 11:21
Count me in for R2 !!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2010, 14:17
In for round 1, please add me to the roll call.

Good luck.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2010, 21:18
Wharton's app. is asking for a description of job duties for each job listed. How is this different from what is already listed in our resume? Are we expected to essentially reword what is in our resume, or provide additional/new information? Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Schools: UCI R1- admit w/ $$$, Cornell R3, McCombs R2- admitted, Kelley R3 - admitted, USC R1-waitlist
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 08:28
count me in for R1
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas (in); Yale (in); Kellogg (in); Sloan (interview/waiting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2010, 13:15
count me in for R1; re-applicant from LY (originally WL and then denied).

Question for other re-applicants: I don't see an additional essay or add-on question for re-apps asking for growth over the LY. Does this mean that we will be filling out the exact same essays as new applicants?

Also, I don't see a fellowship essay prompt so am I just not seeing it or did they remove this?
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 01:32
fahim305 wrote:
count me in for R1; re-applicant from LY (originally WL and then denied).

Also, I don't see a fellowship essay prompt so am I just not seeing it or did they remove this?

During the Wharton talk i had attended, the adcom specifically mentioned there will be no fellowship essay this year. All applicants are considered for fellowships.
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS, Booth, Tuck, Fuqua, LBS
WE 1: International 4 years Industry

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2010, 12:14
I am in for R1.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Booth

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 23

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Aug 2010, 21:43
Am I doomed as a white male with a 690?

If you find this post useful, please give me a kudos. Thanks!

[JB's Guide to Dressing for Interviews]

[Did you use a Admissions Consultant? Provide some feedback here!]

Current Student
Affiliations: VFW, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, West Point Association of Graduates
Schools: Wharton Class of 2013
WE 1: Army Ranger / Infantry Platoon Leader Operation Iraqi Freedom (2 yrs)
WE 2: Company Executive Officer (1 yr)
WE 3: Company Commander (2 yrs)
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 75

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2010, 20:02
/

Last edited by wp06 on 04 Sep 2010, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth (R1), Wharton (R2), Kellogg (R2), Columbia

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2010, 20:41
In for Round 1
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton(R1),Booth(R1),Stern(R1)

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2010, 12:00
in for round 1
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Columbia, Sloan

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2010, 13:36
wp06 wrote:
690 is pretty awesome the mid 50% range this year was like 650-760 or so, so GMAT is important but its who you are that I am hoping will matter most.

I am not too sure that 650 - 760 is the middle 50%. Have you confirmed it? People suggested that may have been a typo on the website. Generally 650 - 760 is close to the middle 80% at Wharton.

However, I do agree that a balanced 690 is a great score for any school.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Schools: Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2010, 00:23
wp06 wrote:
GMAT is important but its who you are that I am hoping will matter most.

GMAT and school-relative GPA are the quantitative parts of "who you are" for the adcom, i.e. this number is an integral part of your portrait.

Rukuku.com–Interactive Online Courses
http://www.rukuku.com

Wharton/Lauder blog
http://www.onefootprint.com/lauderwharton/

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Aug 2010, 00:23