Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Jul 2014, 21:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 16

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 17:03
minime2 wrote:
I had my interview today as well. on campus 2nd year student. She asked me to talk about my resume briefly. then 3 questions (teamwork success, conflict resolution, convincing a group). She then briefly asked me to talk about my goals. Finally I asked her a couple of questions. In-n-out in 35 minutes. Very pleasant experience. Short sweet simple and FAIR!!

I had mine today with a second year. He got straight into the 3 questions
Same three questions

I had misunderstood the first question but the gentleman immediately reiterated what he had asked and from there on things went alright. Not sure if that is negative but I am not thinking too much now. Will see what and how it turns out.

couple cross questioning to clarify some things in the story but nothing out of the box

He definitely did not ask me about any unique stuff on my resume. Overall okay experience.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Princeton (BA), Penn (Post-Bac)
Schools: Wharton (Interview->Ding), Sloan (R1 - Not dinged yet), HBS (R2), Temple (Rolling)
WE 1: 1-year non-profit fellowship
WE 2: 2 years Clinical Research (Childhood Obesity)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2010, 19:33
This post received
KUDOS
interviewed on campus with 2nd year student today as well. overall it was a pleasant and positive conversation.

the 3 questions i got were what you'd expect as far as mba admissions interviews go, and along the lines of what others have been posting: teamwork in a situation with multiple conflicts, independent pursuit of an objective when others had let it slide, and convincing team members to follow one of my ideas/proposals.

otherwise my interviewer told me a bit about her background and academic/employment path at the beginning, and i asked her some questions about classes, recruiting, and leadership ventures at the end. she provided useful answers to all 3 of my questions, and was clearly pretty happy with her decision to go to wharton.

also, for those who are applying to HCM, my interview with June was conversational and relatively painless. although she was quite frank in pointing out the strengths/weaknesses of my application, she gave me opportunities to expand on the strengths and address the weaknesses, so i felt like i got a fair shake on that front.

as a final note, wharton is known (at least by its grade-non-disclosure-era alums) for its collaborative culture, and those of us with wharton alum friends and acquaintances know that this is one of the things that makes it such a great environment. but its something everyone has to buy into in order for it to work. so any of you out there who have interviewed but are jealously guarding your experiences in the hopes of making things more difficult for your potential future classmates, that might be a sign that you don't belong. just saying :-)

cheers to everyone who has posted their experiences and advice, and good luck to everyone with interviews in the next couple weeks! here's hoping we all get some good news on the 17th...
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2010, 04:24
This post received
KUDOS
Had my interview with an Adcom member/Hub yesterday.

The interview lasted for 35-40 minutes. The interviewer was really nice and encouraging throughout. After talking generally for 2-3 minutes, the interviewer told me that we would have some serious questions now and that the interviewer would be writing a lot and that I shouldn't stop or get disturbed on that account. Inspite of that, the interviewer made decent eye contact and did not stop me while I spoke. I was asked three questions with follow-up questions after my initial reply to each of them.

* Tell me about a time when while working in a group, you considered the opinions of others for a task.
* Describe a time when you worked in a team without anyone overseeing your work.
* Explain a time when you persuaded others to your way of thinking, when at first they didn’t agree with your idea.

Then I was asked if I had any questions to ask the interviewer, which went on for another ten minutes.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2010, 13:56
Has anyone had the lauder interview?
Director
Director
Affiliations: IIT, Purdue, PhD, TauBetaPi
Schools: Wharton, Sloan, Chicago, Haas
WE 1: 8 years in Oil&Gas
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Nov 2010, 14:08
so is there a place that lists all the interview questions?

Consider kudos, they are good for health

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2010, 06:56
pbiddy4life wrote:
Has anyone had the lauder interview?

Not yet...when is yours?
Current Student
Affiliations: VFW, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, West Point Association of Graduates
Schools: Wharton Class of 2013
WE 1: Army Ranger / Infantry Platoon Leader Operation Iraqi Freedom (2 yrs)
WE 2: Company Executive Officer (1 yr)
WE 3: Company Commander (2 yrs)
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 63 [0], given: 75

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2010, 07:45
sorry i added my name to the excel sheet twice by accident

round 2 applicant, submitting next week, recs in just polishing up essays
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2010, 08:04
To everyone interviewing with Wharton over the next couple of weeks, good luck!

Last edited by PersonalMBACoach on 22 Nov 2010, 03:08, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE: Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2010, 08:25
wp06 wrote:
sorry i added my name to the excel sheet twice by accident

round 2 applicant, submitting next week, recs in just polishing up essays

Good luck! round 2 applicant here too, but still a long way to go for me.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 20

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2010, 12:57
anyone write thank you notes and receive a response?
Current Student
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 255 [0], given: 151

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2010, 17:43
PEanalyst wrote:
anyone write thank you notes and receive a response?

3 thank you notes, 0 answers, 0 worries.

Club-MBA - Comunidad MBA en español | Mi Blog "Mi MBA en Chicago Booth"

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Columbia, Sloan
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2010, 21:22
Will Wharton release all the final results on Dec 17 or will it start sending out rejects/admit soon after completing the interview process? This wait is excruciating!! :x
Current Student
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Information Technology (Investment Banking)
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 255 [0], given: 151

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2010, 21:25
minime2 wrote:
Will Wharton release all the final results on Dec 17 or will it start sending out rejects/admit soon after completing the interview process? This wait is excruciating!! :x

I'm sure you also received this email:

If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Friday, December 3rd. Interviews will be available on campus with second-year Wharton MBA Students who are full members of the Admissions Committee, off campus with alumni, and off campus in various "Hubs" around the world by Admissions staff members. All interview options are equally considered within the admissions process.

Candidates who are offered an interview will receive their final admissions decision by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Friday, December 17th.

Club-MBA - Comunidad MBA en español | Mi Blog "Mi MBA en Chicago Booth"

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2010, 23:05
Hi guys,
I was dinged without an interview. :oops:
I worked with an admission consultant and IMHO crafted a pretty good application. GMAT - 740, UG - cum laude
Do you think there is any point to contact the MBA admissions office for clarification?

Thanks!
2 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 67

Kudos [?]: 102 [2] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 05:55
This post received
KUDOS
Leak of Wharton’s Interview Questions Raises Ethical Issues
Consultants using inside info for coaching

fr. Poets and Quants
http://twurl.nl/de6ul0

AskSandy--the HBS guru
http://hbsguru.com
app + essay advice, free profile evaluation
GREAT HBS MOCK INTERVIEW service.

1 KUDOS received
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 67

Kudos [?]: 102 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 05:57
This post received
KUDOS
Comment fr. Poets & Quants

MosliGranola said: On November 22, 2010
Quote:
I’ll be blunt: Having had 4 interviews so far, including Wharton, I can say as a candidate that Wharton just hit the trifecta of turn-offs for me. Never mind those who were helped by consultants–the way in which Wharton rolled out the process was wholly unfair to those who had the simple misfortune of interviewing early before the dissemination of the questions.

John just shed light on the second mistake: Simply ignoring their mistake instead of admitting and addressing it. Sandy compares it to BP, but I’m immediately reminded of Monty Python’s Parrot Sketch.

Here is the coup de grâce, which John did not mention: In some interviews (including mine), Wharton simply hired third-party consultants who never set foot in Wharton, let alone attend the MBA.

Knowing the questions in advance, I think my interview went fine. But this “trifecta” provided a stark contrast: I felt I was providing a 30 minute “deposition” to a Wharton stenographer, whereas my interview with a Booth alumni was a highly spirited, 90 minute-long conversation which deeply impressed me. I have no doubt Wharton is still a great program and I’d still be thrilled to attend if I get in. But if my options come down to between Wharton and Booth, I’d have to say Wharton would no longer be my top choice.

AskSandy--the HBS guru
http://hbsguru.com
app + essay advice, free profile evaluation
GREAT HBS MOCK INTERVIEW service.

Current Student
Schools: USC Marshall School of Business
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 07:12
Had my interview, it was much more conversational than I thought it would be. Started off with "tell me about yourself and why Wharton." Then 3 behavioural questions, then my questions. Interviewer was 15 mins late though...

Posted from my mobile device Image

Something about Kudos or other... if you like then upvote away.

Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Columbia, Sloan
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 07:16
rid82 wrote:
minime2 wrote:

If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Friday, December 3rd. Interviews will be available on campus with second-year Wharton MBA Students who are full members of the Admissions Committee, off campus with alumni, and off campus in various "Hubs" around the world by Admissions staff members. All interview options are equally considered within the admissions process.

Candidates who are offered an interview will receive their final admissions decision by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Friday, December 17th.

Yes I did receive that email. However, i wanted to know whether Wharton will release all its decision on Dec 17 (like they released all the interview invitation on 2 days) or are they going to keep rolling out the decision over 2 weeks (Dec 3- Dec 17)?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 88 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 08:20
minime2 wrote:
rid82 wrote:
minime2 wrote:

Yes I did receive that email. However, i wanted to know whether Wharton will release all its decision on Dec 17 (like they released all the interview invitation on 2 days) or are they going to keep rolling out the decision over 2 weeks (Dec 3- Dec 17)?

It clearly states ON Dec 17. By 5pm, so, literally means ON THAT DATE, but at some time during the day through 5pm.

kudos if you like me (or my post) :P

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [2] , given: 4

Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2010, 09:09
This post received
KUDOS
It clearly states ON Dec 17. By 5pm, so, literally means ON THAT DATE, but at some time during the day through 5pm.[/quote]

I posted the question on the S2S forum for clarification. That line indicates the last possible time to receive a decision, but it doesn't say if you can hear before 12/17. I will post the reply when the question is answered.

I believe last year some people got calls the day/night before the deadline, but I haven't checked last year's thread.
Re: Calling all Wharton 2011 Applicants   [#permalink] 22 Nov 2010, 09:09