Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 14:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 15 [1] , given: 20

Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 05:57
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
For All Wharton R1 2011 Waitlisted candidates
3 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: USC Marshall School of Business
WE 1: Software Consulting
WE 2: Government / Healthcare
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 53 [3] , given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2010, 01:15
This post received
KUDOS
Autobots ... I mean, GMATclub Wharton Waitlisters, TRANSFORM!

Something about Kudos or other... if you like then upvote away.

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 13 [2] , given: 58

Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2011, 09:05
This post received
KUDOS
neildiamond wrote:
I hope this rumor is bogus. For all us WLers it's already stressful deciding between accepts and WLs etc.

Adcom had apparently asked certain current students to reserve time for making the admit calls for this week. This is definitely regarding the waitlisters. {as noted by another gmatclubber/student on chat}

Last edited by Tradeoff on 07 Feb 2011, 15:21, edited 2 times in total.
2 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 188 [2] , given: 38

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2011, 14:14
This post received
KUDOS
MidwestApp wrote:
Interesting. Not that it's comprehensive but I looked at the stat sheet for Wharton and I don't see anyone with that profile. Have they been actively involved in the threads? I would have expected a post relaying the information.

I was in the chat as well when he/she mentioned it and he/she sounded genuine. The person who called him/her mentioned that they've just started revisiting waitlisted applicants and are granting admits on a case by case basis. Apparently, they've completed reviewing R2 applicants and now have a better idea of what the current year pool looks like so the occasional waitlisted applicant can expect a call anytime going forward.

GMAT Guide: 10-critical-factors-to-beat-the-gmat-106790.html

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 21 [2] , given: 4

Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2011, 10:39
This post received
KUDOS
PEanalyst, I know you will love this:

http://engage.wharton.upenn.edu/MBA/for ... .aspx#8052
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth (R1 - WL, Admit)
WE 1: Trading Strategy, S&T @ Supermajor
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 5

Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 07:16
This post received
KUDOS
I like this thread already - less cluttered by those 'admitted' kids and their celebrations. On waitlists at two places already; if I can get one more, I'll have a round 1 hat trick :)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS (R2), Stanford (R2), Wharton (WL), MIT
WE 1: 2 yrs banking
WE 2: 2 yrs PE / Hedge Fund
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2010, 08:46
This post received
KUDOS
PEanalyst wrote:
I also wonder if really a lot of people are going to withdraw from the WL? It seems like most people are depositing at other schools but still staying on the WL.

The only hope we get is if people they admitted were accepted to better schools.

For people on the WL that still have Wharton as their #1 choice, then I don't begrudge them for staying on the waitlist. If others are happy to go to another school, hopefully they'll withdraw themselves.

On the adcom contact re: WL status, I think you're on the right track. I'm hoping to get some insight today after I speak with a 2nd year student and hopefully a friend who's on the executive MBA adcom. I'll post any feedback I receive.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2011, 10:09
This post received
KUDOS
Look at what Booth just posted:

Timeline

Given that many of you have important decisions to make about your future within the coming weeks and months, we have decided to add an initial review to the waitlist process. Before our Round 2 mid-decision date on February 16, we will evaluate waitlisted candidates based on the quality of the applicant pool in Round 2. At this point, we’ll make some decisions regarding the waitlist. While many of you will continue to remain on the waitlist, some of you will receive a final decision at this time. We felt it was important to provide some of our waitlisted candidates with closure much earlier in the process. For those of you who will continue to be on the waitlist, decisions will be released as part of our Round 2 process on March 16. There will be the possibility of receiving a final decision or continuing to be on the waitlist into the next application round.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2011, 10:51
This post received
KUDOS
fdasfdas

Last edited by PEanalyst on 11 Feb 2011, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS (Ding!), Wharton (WL), Booth (Accepted), Kellogg (Accepted)

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2011, 14:50
This post received
KUDOS
That's what I assumed but I'm curious to know how you came to that conclusion?
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 53 [1] , given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 15 Feb 2011, 15:43
This post received
KUDOS
Okay - based on the fact that I called the trolls in this thread earlier, I'm going to predict that we're all getting in. X_x

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 39

Kudos [?]: 158 [1] , given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2011, 14:05
This post received
KUDOS
Ding! They finally let me go after 12 months of waiting. So long Wharton!

Tips: best-app-tips-77803-80.html#p610423
GMAT experience: gmat-710-q47-v41-what-worked-and-what-didn-t-81055.html#p608295
Telling your story: storytelling-82064.html#p615567
Other MBA women: calling-all-female-mba-applicants-84636.html
GMATClub interview practice groups: gmatclub-interview-groups-85902.html#p643929

1 KUDOS received
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 08:41
This post received
KUDOS
Remember, when you get to Wharton, you let them know. You stuck it through thick and thin. You kept your name on that list no matter the odds. You let them know, loud and proud, that you were a waitlister, and you will not be stopped.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2011, 10:45
This post received
KUDOS
do all of your waitlist letters say that your app will be reviewed periodically?

Mine does and I am an R1 rewaitlister.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2011, 18:41
This post received
KUDOS
Or the economy recovers to the point the don't want to go to bschool...

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2011, 07:07
This post received
KUDOS
Final date to enroll for Round 2: May 6
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Wharton/Lauder Class of 2013
WE 1: Big Four Advisory
Followers: 23

Kudos [?]: 188 [1] , given: 38

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2011, 22:30
This post received
KUDOS
LSEguy wrote:
Does Wharton have a full time program in Singapore?

No, but they have an exchange program with INSEAD so you can do one term there if you get admitted in to the exchange program.

GMAT Guide: 10-critical-factors-to-beat-the-gmat-106790.html

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 12 May 2011, 06:14
This post received
KUDOS
In my eyes the main problem with the waitlist is that today is exactly like the R2 admission date in that I'm sitting at work, staring at my gmail waiting for news and not being productive at all.

Is anyone else finding it hard to concentrate today?

Good luck to us all.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 19 May 2011, 03:03
This post received
KUDOS
For what its worth, I called the Wharton Adcom out of sheer frustration once I got notification of my Summer WL. status. My question was on the fate of International Applicants given the July 18 final notification date.

They called back a few minutes later and said they would certainly be considering the peculiar circumstances of International Summer Waitlisters in making their admit or ding decisions. So I don't expect any international student will have to wait till July 18 before getting some sort of closure.

I assume there will be at least some priority given to international waitlisters in the admit/ding decisions. :)

Not until the FAT lady sings....

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters [#permalink] New post 31 May 2011, 10:35
This post received
KUDOS
Posted the below on the main forum guess I should posted it here:

So I just got off the WL at a couple of schools. Both very much at the Wharton level in terms of brand. I am delighted but am still holding out for Wharton (where I am on the WL) because its where I have always wanted to go. I do hope someone from the adcom or the school is reading this but I just wanted to say the one area the school has disappointed me in is its treatment of WLers. Both places I got into have been very forthcoming in terms of timing etc. One even spoke gave estimates about how many people were on the WL and when they would trim it. I am not saying that Wharton needs to be so clear but atleast something more than 'we will get back to you by July 18".

Also the sheer number of folk on the WL is something that confuses me. Wharton has a very solid yield and you would think that there is no need to WL so many people. (i think someone said the number is probably between 150-200). We are 2 months away from school beginning and it just makes no sense why so many people are still on it. A guy I went to school with is international and he still is on the WL. I feel for him because he needs to start working on his visa for another school, and even if he does get into W, go through the process of changing it and maybe not being able to do so

Anyways I know I am venting a bit. I love Wharton, and would pick it over any other place. But they are a bit frustrating for a school of such pedigree. I mean even some of the communications to WL had typos in them. The whole admissions operations seems a bit lacking when compared to a couple to similar schools especially when it comes to people who have been waiting for the school for month
Re: Calling All Wharton 2011 Business School Waitlisters   [#permalink] 31 May 2011, 10:35