Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 590 Q36 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2391 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.02
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Devon wrote:
When do they send out interview invitations?

I would expect end of this month or early next - similar to Stanford.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
RG800 wrote:
Devon wrote:
When do they send out interview invitations?

I would expect end of this month or early next - similar to Stanford.

They said in the email - Oct 31st
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q46 V47
GPA: 3.52
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
I wish they would send out notifications earlier. After not hearing form HBS on weds I am anxious to get word from someone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.57
Send PM
One week down 3 to go.

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Send PM
bab5200 wrote:
I wish they would send out notifications earlier. After not hearing form HBS on weds I am anxious to get word from someone.

Well you still have a couple of days till wednesday for HBS, try to get some vacations to clear your mind otherwise times ticks slowly
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 650 Q45 V32
GMAT 3: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
TripleDetroit wrote:
One week down 3 to go.

Posted from my mobile device

Put that way, it sounds like a lot of waiting. Do they send invite in a one-week or two-weeks window?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [1]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
I survived my 5 weeks of applications.... I'm BACK!!! Hoping for good news this 31st!!!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Visited Wharton today. Here is my brief description of the visit:

1. class: It was boring. Most people are on their phones or laptop doing random things. One of the students said they do have 50% classes that are case based. Darden class was relatively very interesting due to lively case discussion. That said, I am not applying to b-school for a class.

2. Campus & Location: Campus is beautiful! Looks like students (especially aiming at IB/wall street) do make frequent trips to NYC - 2 hr ride. All students live in 2x2 block area in rittenhouse square area. This area is expensive (my opinion) but all of them live there. 25 min walk or quick cab ride. One tour guide quipped that most students take cab. I also learned that Wharton bought space on 2401 walnut for students (kind of lounge w/ vending machines). Its mid way between campus and rittenhouse area. Thats good because one of the students said they only come to campus may be 4-5 times a week. Definitely not on weekends. Most of the recruiting (PE/VC/Fin/consulting/IB) happens in downtown four seasons. So from rittenhouse downtown is quick cab ride.

3. Recruiting: Every student I met was confident that they can get the job they want. Mature recruiting (consulting/IB) happens in Oct to Jan. Apparently no company is allowed on campus before term 1 which is ending this week. Lot of people seems to have utilized alumni in their job search with positive results.

Shoot if you have any questions and I will try to answer.
VP
VP
Send PM
KaptainK wrote:

1. class: It was boring. Most people are on their phones or laptop doing random things. One of the students said they do have 50% classes that are case based. Darden class was relatively very interesting due to lively case discussion. That said, I am not applying to b-school for a class.

2. Campus & Location: Campus is beautiful! Looks like students (especially aiming at IB/wall street) do make frequent trips to NYC - 2 hr ride. All students live in 2x2 block area in rittenhouse square area. This area is expensive (my opinion) but all of them live there. 25 min walk or quick cab ride. One tour guide quipped that most students take cab. I also learned that Wharton bought space on 2401 walnut for students (kind of lounge w/ vending machines). Its mid way between campus and rittenhouse area. Thats good because one of the students said they only come to campus may be 4-5 times a week. Definitely not on weekends. Most of the recruiting (PE/VC/Fin/consulting/IB) happens in downtown four seasons. So from rittenhouse downtown is quick cab ride.

3. Recruiting: Every student I met was confident that they can get the job they want. Mature recruiting (consulting/IB) happens in Oct to Jan. Apparently no company is allowed on campus before term 1 which is ending this week. Lot of people seems to have utilized alumni in their job search with positive results.

How did you find the brains of the students you met? Especially international ones? Smart?
What was your class about? Maybe a boring topic
What were some of the firms students were recruiting for? Any interesting conversations with people you met

Thanks man

Cheers
J :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Quick question stemming from paranoia probably. "Unofficial/Self-Reported Transcripts" are unsigned college transcripts without the college seal right?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [1]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Kudos
jlgdr wrote:
KaptainK wrote:

How did you find the brains of the students you met? Especially international ones? Smart?
What was your class about? Maybe a boring topic
What were some of the firms students were recruiting for? Any interesting conversations with people you met

Thanks man

Cheers

They are smart. You can certainly have an intelligent discussion on any topic. I met a doctor from India and an army officer from Israel (among few others from traditional background). Doctor is aiming for consulting and Israeli is working on his start up. Both were down to earth and were honest in their responses. But the few from banking were not so friendly and arrogant. I think in general TBD is weeding out smart a**holes so we may see a shift in overall attitude of school in the coming years.

I sat in two classes: Services Operations (topic was Harrah's revenue model) and Financing early stage healthcare companies. My comment about class is relative to Darden class. There was tons of finance and banking guys in each class. Especially in healthcare class only finance/VC guys were talking while others were disengaged (one girl was sleeping too). Class environment is the last criteria for me to choose a school to apply to.

Coming to recruiting, all firms you can think of for consulting and IB. No interesting conversations about the what they are going to do except that Israeli guy working on his start up. I chatted with him a little bit to understand what kind of resources and support he is getting from school and alumni. He is certainly meeting few VCs from bay area who were alumni. So thats a huge plus to have that kind of access to VCs.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
9W57th wrote:
Quick question stemming from paranoia probably. "Unofficial/Self-Reported Transcripts" are unsigned college transcripts without the college seal right?

Yes!!!
VP
VP
Send PM
Nothing about the locations and dates for the interviews yet no? I dunno if I understood correctly but are those coming with the invite or independently?

Thanks

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Kudos
Seemed to me after reading the initial e-mail that everything would be forthcoming on the 31st. Either you get the interview invite with detailed instructions on location, scheduling, etc., or you get waitlisted or "released." Mark your calendars ladies and gentlemen...
VP
VP
Send PM
comisads23 wrote:
Seemed to me after reading the initial e-mail that everything would be forthcoming on the 31st. Either you get the interview invite with detailed instructions on location, scheduling, etc., or you get waitlisted or "released." Mark your calendars ladies and gentlemen...

I'm ready ladies, bring on the TBD!!

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
I was at wharton last week of Sept for a class visit. I attended this information session where a member from the adcom told the gathering that there will be a team based interview followed by a ten min one-on-one discussion with the interviewer/panel . He did not call this discussion a " second interview" but a mere follow-up dialogue to answer any questions candidates may have for the adcom. They may also use this discussion to provide the candidate with an opportunity to describe how they felt about the team based interview or anything that they wanted to say but could not during the interview . Basically on lines of the HBS post interview essay. Having said that , I wouldn't quote me on this until y'all see anyofficial communication.
Just sharing what I know, :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
For those applying to Lauder... Does anyone know how long it takes to get the OPI results back? And how do you view them? Took my test today and really have no bearing for how well I did.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  55   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts