Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 220 Q1 V2
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2391 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Wharton Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Are the fellowships need-based like HBS or merit based?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V46
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Hi everyone. Does anyone have Meghan Gallagher 's email address? I stupidly lost her business card :( wanted to send her a thank you note after my interview.

Thanks in advance!!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
19218698 wrote:
Are the fellowships need-based like HBS or merit based?

Pretty sure it's merit based.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
ynmbana wrote:
Hi everyone. Does anyone have Meghan Gallagher 's email address? I stupidly lost her business card :( wanted to send her a thank you note after my interview.

Thanks in advance!!

It's gallm@wharton.upenn.edu.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
QiuYidio wrote:
ynmbana wrote:

Thanks in advance!!

It's gallm@wharton.upenn.edu.

Thanks a lot! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
For those who have finished the TBD, how did you think it went and how much impact do you think it will have on the overall decision? I had mine last week. Overall, I walked away feeling that it went well. The more I thought about it though, there wasn't anyone in my group I thought didn't do well. Did anyone have an experience where there was someone in the group who made a fatal flaw mistake? Are they really looking that closely at each person's responses or are they just using the TBD to weed people out who are clearly uncomfortable working in groups?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
MBANY27 wrote:
For those who have finished the TBD, how did you think it went and how much impact do you think it will have on the overall decision? I had mine last week. Overall, I walked away feeling that it went well. The more I thought about it though, there wasn't anyone in my group I thought didn't do well. Did anyone have an experience where there was someone in the group who made a fatal flaw mistake? Are they really looking that closely at each person's responses or are they just using the TBD to weed people out who are clearly uncomfortable working in groups?

My gut feeling is that the TBD is mainly a pass/fail event meaning as long as you aren't too much of a d-bag or too quiet you get a check. After that I think they just re-read the rest of the app and then make a final decision. I don't think it could carry the same weight as an HBS interview or even a Booth, Tuck, etc.

My TBD experience was interesting to say the least. We had two students that really right out of the gun took over the conversation and at every pause in the conversation one of them interjected what seemed to me to be very scripted and prepared questions or comments. I had a hard time getting into the conversation but in the end made a few key suggestions on the scope of our pitch and also on keeping us on time and ready to pitch at the end. When I did my one-on-one I praised the group for accomplishing our goal, but said that I was quieter than normal just because of the dynamics of the group. Not sure, that might hurt me but honestly given the circumstances I don't know what else I could have done without being rude.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Run4Fun wrote:
MBANY27 wrote:

My gut feeling is that the TBD is mainly a pass/fail event meaning as long as you aren't too much of a d-bag or too quiet you get a check. After that I think they just re-read the rest of the app and then make a final decision. I don't think it could carry the same weight as an HBS interview or even a Booth, Tuck, etc.

My TBD experience was interesting to say the least. We had two students that really right out of the gun took over the conversation and at every pause in the conversation one of them interjected what seemed to me to be very scripted and prepared questions or comments. I had a hard time getting into the conversation but in the end made a few key suggestions on the scope of our pitch and also on keeping us on time and ready to pitch at the end. When I did my one-on-one I praised the group for accomplishing our goal, but said that I was quieter than normal just because of the dynamics of the group. Not sure, that might hurt me but honestly given the circumstances I don't know what else I could have done without being rude.

I got the same sense. My group had 6 kids and I'd say 5 of us demonstrated capabilities that would have checked the box for the TBD session. Some were content drivers, others were time keepers, note keepers and summarizers, and others kept the conversation moving by asking the right questions. Not sure that any of these "roles" are better than the others, but I can say that there is no way 5/6 of us are getting in to Wharton. For those who have not gone yet, don't worry about the interview. Easier said than done, but BE YOURSELF. If you are, the TBD section will just be like any conversation with peers, and the 10-minute post-interview section will be over before you get to ask all of the questions you prepared :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: HBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
I see online they recommend a shuttle bus to get from the International Airport to campus. Any tips on where to pick that up?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2391 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Run4Fun wrote:
MBANY27 wrote:

I totally agree with this statement. They will re-read everything and make a final decision. TBD is not a decisive factor but rather an additional check on stuff like team-work / interpersonal skills that can complement your already stellar LoRs and resume

Cheers
J :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)
Send PM
Kudos
gotti wrote:
I see online they recommend a shuttle bus to get from the International Airport to campus. Any tips on where to pick that up?

just take the train. you can walk from there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Kudos
gotti wrote:

Take the SEPTA from your airport terminal to "University City" station, and then it's a 10min walk to the school from there. Ticket can be purchased on board for $8. Good luck!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Had my interview last week off-campus w/ adcoms instead of students watching.

My group got along really well - everyone showed up early and got to know each other which made it much more comfortable once the discussion started. We worked quickly and efficiently to move the discussion along and everyone made good contributions.

Afterwards, the 10 minute reflection was very conversational and started not with a question but instead with positive feedback. What was interesting was the adcom told me at the end that they would love to have me out there. Hopefully a good sign...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: HBS '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
dietcoke2016 wrote:

Take the SEPTA from your airport terminal to "University City" station, and then it's a 10min walk to the school from there. Ticket can be purchased on board for $8. Good luck!!

JohnThunder wrote:

just take the train. you can walk from there.

Thanks to you both :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)
Send PM
Run4Fun wrote:
MBANY27 wrote:

No that's the right move. I did the same thing. Had two gunners who couldn't shut up. One guy had a terrible idea that kept rambling on and I gave a valid reason to kill his idea and to just quickly shift gears to another idea. I didn't contribute as much as I would like to. But being adaptable is key because a group fails if you have too many cooks. and stubborn cooks you have to let them go and fail and then you usurp the power after they fail.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
JohnThunder wrote:
Run4Fun wrote:
MBANY27 wrote:

No that's the right move. I did the same thing. Had two gunners who couldn't shut up. One guy had a terrible idea that kept rambling on and I gave a valid reason to kill his idea and to just quickly shift gears to another idea. I didn't contribute as much as I would like to. But being adaptable is key because a group fails if you have too many cooks. and stubborn cooks you have to let them go and fail and then you usurp the power after they fail.

Just when I managed to get the "Too Many Cooks" song out of my head...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
So, this question was asked before-
How formal should the reception attire be? Has anyone attended a reception yet?

As an international woman applicant flying to London for the TBD + reception, I don't know what to pack :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  55   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts